Author Topic: Trump slams FBI for not warning him Manafort was under investigation  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump slams FBI for not warning him Manafort was under investigation
By John Bowden - 08/01/18 09:56 AM EDT

President Trump went after the Department of Justice and the FBI on Wednesday, arguing that his 2016 campaign team should have been warned that campaign chairman Paul Manafort was under investigation at the time.

In a tweet, Trump questioned why law enforcement didn't "tell me" that Manafort was being investigated at the time of his hiring, noting that his former aide had previously worked for GOP figures such as President Reagan and Sen. Bob Dole (R-Kan.).

"Paul Manafort worked for Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other highly prominent and respected political leaders. He worked for me for a very short time. Why didn’t government tell me that he was under investigation. These old charges have nothing to do with Collusion — a Hoax!" Trump wrote.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/399847-trump-slams-fbi-for-not-warning-him-manafort-was-under-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump slams FBI for not warning him Manafort was under investigation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 03:30:21 pm »
For someone who supposedly masters use of the internet, he sure isn't savvy. It wasn't like this was hidden information. Over ninety thousand articles and references about Manafort being under investigation from July 2014 to July 2016.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=manafort%2c+investigation&filters=ex1%3a%22ez5_16273_17014%22&qs=PF&cvid=27b2a9a0dbaf4f989e8a2ccded7f62bf&cc=US&setlang=en-US&qpvt=manafort%2c+investigation

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 05:18:17 pm »
The FBI doesn't have a duty to inform Trump about the Manafort investigation anyway.  Apparently, Manafort's present legal woes have nothing to do with the Russian collusion investigation -- at least not yet.  And even if this case did relate to the Russian collusion, the FBI would he foolish to tell him anything, especially if Trump is suspected of wrongdoing in that matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:50:48 pm »
The guy was know to have worked for the corrupt Ukrainian president that fled to Russia.  On top of that, Manafort offers to work for free.  Give me a break with this ‘how was I supposed to know’ line of BS.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:34:51 am »
Just another day in the USA
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw