Author Topic: Mission Impossible Fallout Review  (Read 1406 times)

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
Mission Impossible Fallout Review
« on: July 30, 2018, 04:49:10 pm »
Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place, but here goes!

http://www.americanaprime.com/blog/mission-impossible-fallout-prime-review
Visit my website @ AmericanaPrime.com!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Mission Impossible Fallout Review
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
Prolly as good a place as any for it!

Hey Prime.  Review "Top Gun 2" when it gets out will yah? Thx.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »
I honestly can’t get enough of Tom Cruise.

LOL. I'll pass on that.  tri22

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 07:25:05 pm »
Prolly as good a place as any for it!

Hey Prime.  Review "Top Gun 2" when it gets out will yah? Thx.

No question. I will be there day one for that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 03:45:49 pm »
Went to see it last night....

Hard to believe he's 56 years old.  Damn!

Thought it was better than the basic action crap we get in these 'Super Hero' movies. 

One complaint...and it could be my age (72).  The special effects are too numerous, without respite.  Too damned overbearing.

The helicopter dog-fight was unique.  But I'm getting too old for this shit.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 08:55:24 pm »

One complaint...and it could be my age (72).  The special effects are too numerous, without respite.  Too damned overbearing.

The helicopter dog-fight was unique.  But I'm getting too old for this shit.  :laugh:

Yeah I know what you mean. It's kind of an arms race in the action world. The superhero movies do so much over the top stuff, that it forces "regular" action movies to have to up the ante considerably to keep up. It's harder for a modern action flick to really delve into story and humor like Die Hard did.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 03:05:03 am »
Yeah I know what you mean. It's kind of an arms race in the action world. The superhero movies do so much over the top stuff, that it forces "regular" action movies to have to up the ante considerably to keep up. It's harder for a modern action flick to really delve into story and humor like Die Hard did.
The worst thing to ever happen to action flicks is CGIs.  I simply can't sit through any modern action movie without laughing out loud.
Of course, all action movies now and in the past involved a certain suspension of disbelief.  But it's so farcical today that I can't stand modern action flicks with all the non-stop CGI crap going on. I was forced to sit through "Baby Driver" a week ago when the wife reported a friend on Facebook gave it a great rating.  Total garbage. Ludicrous plot and stupid stunts. And I saw the previous MI flick "Rogue Nation."  Trash. I'll skip the new MI please.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »
The worst thing to ever happen to action flicks is CGIs.  I simply can't sit through any modern action movie without laughing out loud.
Of course, all action movies now and in the past involved a certain suspension of disbelief.  But it's so farcical today that I can't stand modern action flicks with all the non-stop CGI crap going on. I was forced to sit through "Baby Driver" a week ago when the wife reported a friend on Facebook gave it a great rating.  Total garbage. Ludicrous plot and stupid stunts. And I saw the previous MI flick "Rogue Nation."  Trash. I'll skip the new MI please.

Far as I'm concerned, the movie 2012 started a new era of CGI crap.

...out running earthquakes...tidal waves and Tibetan avalanches.  In a vehicle...in a plane   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 12:35:48 pm »

This is why the best action flicks of all time are (IMO) Die Hard, The Raid, John Wick, and Dredd.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 12:47:30 pm »
I have no real interest in seeing this. Even though Cruise has done a great job keeping himself politically neutral. He hasn't gone off the Communist-antiTrump deep end, like so many in Hollywood have. That is a point in his favor.

But still, these days movies just flash through the theaters in no time, and wind up on a streaming service. I would rather watch it at home. I'm sure it will be online in a couple of weeks. I can wait.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 01:02:26 pm »
This is why the best action flicks of all time are (IMO) Die Hard, The Raid, John Wick, and Dredd.

I think the Bourne Trilogy and 'Jason Bourne' should be included.

LOL!  I tried once, to count the number of people John Wick killed in 'Chapter 2'.

Even with pause, I lost count!    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 01:07:09 pm »
I have no real interest in seeing this. Even though Cruise has done a great job keeping himself politically neutral. He hasn't gone off the Communist-antiTrump deep end, like so many in Hollywood have. That is a point in his favor.

But still, these days movies just flash through the theaters in no time, and wind up on a streaming service. I would rather watch it at home. I'm sure it will be online in a couple of weeks. I can wait.

Speaking about CGI overload, I was part of a party of 4 who went to see the new Jurassic Park movie.

Everybody liked it except me.

I want to watch a movie where the characters make you forget there are lights and booms hanging everywhere.

Give me a story plot line along with the fireworks and monsters.

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:30 pm »
I think the Bourne Trilogy and 'Jason Bourne' should be included.

LOL!  I tried once, to count the number of people John Wick killed in 'Chapter 2'.

Even with pause, I lost count!    :laugh:

There’s actually a site for this:

http://moviebodycounts.com/Top-Movies.htm

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 04:58:00 pm »
I'm an old fogey. I like "Bullitt" "The French Connection"  "Dirty Harry"  "The Road  Warrior" and "The Seven Ups"