Author Topic: The Intellectual Dark Web  (Read 35653 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Intellectual Dark Web
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2018, 07:39:08 pm »
OK, what is BAIXIN?  I don't find a twitter account like that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2018, 07:39:39 pm »
Right now my two favorites are Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder. Here is the thing I can't understand how does anyone in their right mind debate Shapiro. He always bring a Howitzer to a knife fight. He is armed to the teeth with facts and reason. And Crowdr is just drop dead funny. I love his "Change my mind" segments.

Yep. Shapiro is nigh on bulletproof. In debates, there is no wondering who will win. But I actually like him even better among friends... When he expounds upon Conservatism rather than destroying liberalism. Therein he shows his depth. That Rubin/ Pederson v Shapiro vid up near the top of the post is a good example.

I too enjoy Crowder, and his 'Change my Mind' series.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2018, 08:06:55 pm »
Yep. Shapiro is nigh on bulletproof. In debates, there is no wondering who will win. But I actually like him even better among friends... When he expounds upon Conservatism rather than destroying liberalism. Therein he shows his depth. That Rubin/ Pederson v Shapiro vid up near the top of the post is a good example.

I too enjoy Crowder, and his 'Change my Mind' series.

There is an important difference, between "Winning college Debates," and "Persuading"

Shapiro is hyper-intelligent, but his gattling gun delivery pace is too much for some folks.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »
Interesting.

However, I would have started with this one: 
http://youtu.be/s6Ku_3wBsNg

Crowder can be an acquired taste.

@sanquine

It's not who the players are it's that they are "preaching to the choir" with me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2018, 09:17:01 pm »
There is an important difference, between "Winning college Debates," and "Persuading"

Shapiro is hyper-intelligent, but his gattling gun delivery pace is too much for some folks.

That's right - and too often he is on enemy ground and armed heavy. You really do get a better feel for him when he's among friends. There he is more open to finesse, though always remarkably precise.

I cannot fault his intellect. But in the norm, you are right about his delivery. And credit due for that - That is why he can walk into the enemy's den.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 11:56:20 pm »
@roamer_1, I am very disappointed by Yiannopoulos.  He is very bright, articulate and quick witted, but he wastes it all on being provocative only.   

He zings a lot of good facts that are quite useful. Sometimes one has to listen carefully and fast. LOL.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2018, 11:57:47 pm »
OK, what is BAIXIN?  I don't find a twitter account like that.

Did you go to twitter and search  @BAIXIN?

(= white heart)
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »
Interesting.

However, I would have started with this one: 
http://youtu.be/s6Ku_3wBsNg

Crowder can be an acquired taste.
@Sanguine

Looks like that link got shot down.   
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018, 09:02:06 pm »
@Sanguine

Looks like that link got shot down.   

Darn!  That was really good.

@Suppressed, this looks like the whole conversation:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-hIVnmUdXM&ytbChannel=Jordan%20B%20Peterson

BTW, because of the slowness of my internet provider, I have to download these in order to watch them.  Might be a good idea overall.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:06:51 pm by Sanguine »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2018, 12:51:00 am »
From the perspective that you were created in spirit form BEFORE you became a "human being" isn't evolution. It is devolution.

So what is the task? What is the reason?

And WHY there is SO much resistance to the answer to those questions?

Thanks for the ping @Sanguine  :smokin: :laugh: :tongue2:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2018, 02:13:55 am »
From the perspective that you were created in spirit form BEFORE you became a "human being" isn't evolution. It is devolution.

So what is the task? What is the reason?

And WHY there is SO much resistance to the answer to those questions?

Thanks for the ping @Sanguine  :smokin: :laugh: :tongue2:

@bigheadfred, I hope you get time to watch some of those videos.  There's a lot of wisdom there. And, genuine thinking. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2018, 08:40:29 pm »
Got this off of fox news:

Programming Alert
Steve Hilton's one-on-one interview with Dr. Jordan Peterson on 'The Next Revolution,' 9 pm ET
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5614615980001/

So, I'll try to watch it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2018, 08:42:09 pm »
Got this off of fox news:

Programming Alert
Steve Hilton's one-on-one interview with Dr. Jordan Peterson on 'The Next Revolution,' 9 pm ET
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5614615980001/

So, I'll try to watch it.

Thanks, @TomSea.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2018, 08:58:32 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2018, 09:25:30 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2019, 11:53:10 am »
Didn’t know this thread was here. Interesting
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2019, 03:40:58 pm »
@Sanguine

Didn't have a chance to go through all of the many posts and videos that are here, but thought that this 24 minute video may be of interest to those following this topic.

Description:

Nations survive and thrive when they're able to communicate clearly and honestly, and they can just as easily fall to pieces when dishonest actors pollute or confuse language as a means of obtaining their ends.

We're swiftly reaching a point in which the two sides of the ideological fence can hold nearly polar opposite definitions of the exact same words or concepts... a point in which true communication becomes impossible, and the prospect of very real violence looms on the horizon.

The men who built this nation took great pains to establish order and structure, institutions and codes of conduct that allow for harmony and balance. Many take it for granted that peaceful civilization is simply how things are, forgetting the courage, devotion, and intellectual energy required to create and maintain such a state of being. The more we turn our backs on their collective wisdom and rush to embrace a modernist viewpoint that stands at odds with the entirety of human history, the closer we stumble to a complete societal breakdown, and the law of the jungle.

This video explains why clarity of thought and speech may be the key to diffusing this time bomb, and how accurate communication is the best means of countering those forces seeking to destroy the foundational concepts behind western civilization.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2019, 03:48:07 pm »
@Sanguine

Didn't have a chance to go through all of the many posts and videos that are here, but thought that this 24 minute video may be of interest to those following this topic.

Description:

Nations survive and thrive when they're able to communicate clearly and honestly, and they can just as easily fall to pieces when dishonest actors pollute or confuse language as a means of obtaining their ends.

We're swiftly reaching a point in which the two sides of the ideological fence can hold nearly polar opposite definitions of the exact same words or concepts... a point in which true communication becomes impossible, and the prospect of very real violence looms on the horizon.

The men who built this nation took great pains to establish order and structure, institutions and codes of conduct that allow for harmony and balance. Many take it for granted that peaceful civilization is simply how things are, forgetting the courage, devotion, and intellectual energy required to create and maintain such a state of being. The more we turn our backs on their collective wisdom and rush to embrace a modernist viewpoint that stands at odds with the entirety of human history, the closer we stumble to a complete societal breakdown, and the law of the jungle.

This video explains why clarity of thought and speech may be the key to diffusing this time bomb, and how accurate communication is the best means of countering those forces seeking to destroy the foundational concepts behind western civilization.

@EdJames, do you want this as a new thread under this topic?

Offline EdJames

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2019, 03:54:17 pm »
@Sanguine

Oh, I don't know, whatever you think is best.

(I thought that we were supposed to be adding on to the existing thread...)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2019, 04:05:58 pm »
@Sanguine

Oh, I don't know, whatever you think is best.

(I thought that we were supposed to be adding on to the existing thread...)

Either way.  I think it gets more of a view if it's in its own thread.  But, who knows?

Anyway, looks interesting.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2019, 12:24:47 am »
Asha Logos  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU7JpgUNUdapn8d8b0zMg3g

One of my Youtube channels. Weird. I thought I posted this vid. Maybe I thought I posted it on the robot thread that Machine Gun Sanguine wants to kill.

@Sanguine @EdJames
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2019, 12:29:12 am »

One of my Youtube channels. Weird. I thought I posted this vid. Maybe I thought I posted it on the robot thread that Machine Gun Sanguine wants to kill.

@Sanguine @EdJames

:tongue2:
 :MiniGun:

Offline EdJames

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2019, 01:04:10 am »

@Sanguine @EdJames

Could very well be, Fred, I may have missed it.  I haven't been able to go through the whole thread yet, it is chock full.

I just came across this video in the past couple of days, old chum emailed me the link.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2019, 01:06:05 am »
Right back at ya.

:tongue2:
 :MiniGun: