Author Topic: The Intellectual Dark Web  (Read 35655 times)

Offline verga

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2018, 02:06:09 pm »
And, we have been deliberately and effectively dumbed down.  Heck, people don't even recognize thinking when they see it now.
I have been watching a lot of Tucker Carlson on you tube lately. I wish I could say I am amazed at the intellectual dishonesty of the left, but I am less and less surprised every single day. They refuse to answer straight forward questions. And not just on one subject, but a wide array, every thing from gun control to illegal immigration.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »
I have been watching a lot of Tucker Carlson on you tube lately. I wish I could say I am amazed at the intellectual dishonesty of the left, but I am less and less surprised every single day. They refuse to answer straight forward questions. And not just on one subject, but a wide array, every thing from gun control to illegal immigration.
I have been enjoying the cognitive disconnects which permeate television programming. One recent one whined about an annual whale hunt in the Faroes like it was the holucast (visit a slaughterhouse sometime, where land mammals are harvested), limited now to a catch of 800 and regulated, but maintained that the hunt which had been going on as a way of life since the Vikings "wasn't sustainable".... 9999hair out0000

(Just send in that $19 a month, though and the world's problems will be solved.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2018, 02:25:15 pm »

I like Tucker and watch him regularly, but he doesn't go after them like he should.  There's many times when he should have the facts at his fingertips and be able to destroy their arguments, but he pulls his punches.  Assuming he has those punches.

Offline verga

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
I like Tucker and watch him regularly, but he doesn't go after them like he should.  There's many times when he should have the facts at his fingertips and be able to destroy their arguments, but he pulls his punches.  Assuming he has those punches.
Right now my two favorites are Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder. Here is the thing I can't understand how does anyone in their right mind debate Shapiro. He always bring a Howitzer to a knife fight. He is armed to the teeth with facts and reason. And Crowdr is just drop dead funny. I love his "Change my mind" segments.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »
Right now my two favorites are Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder. Here is the thing I can't understand how does anyone in their right mind debate Shapiro. He always bring a Howitzer to a knife fight. He is armed to the teeth with facts and reason. And Crowdr is just drop dead funny. I love his "Change my mind" segments.

Agreed on Shapiro and Crowder.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2018, 03:29:39 pm »
Bkmd
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2018, 04:01:42 pm »
We have our own sub-board now.  If you want to post a specific video/article for discussion, you can make a new topic under this sub-board.

@Sanguine @Smokin Joe @roamer_1

I have been thinking about this a lot over the last 24 hours and, although I have no objection to the creation of this sub-board, I think I won't be spending a lot of my time listening to/watching people who already see things the way I do.  I think I will spend my time trying to convert those who don't instead.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2018, 04:03:51 pm »

I have been thinking about this a lot over the last 24 hours and, although I have no objection to the creation of this sub-board, I think I won't be spending a lot of my time listening to/watching people who already see things the way I do.  I think I will spend my time trying to convert those who don't instead.

There is no better place to do it, @Bigun!  I hope to see a lot of guests from Twitter viewing it.  Please linger!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2018, 04:10:11 pm »
There is no better place to do it, @Bigun!  I hope to see a lot of guests from Twitter viewing it.  Please linger!

@Cyber Liberty

I'll definitely be checking in from time to time but likely won't be spending a lot of time watching youtube videos.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2018, 04:14:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I'll definitely be checking in from time to time but likely won't be spending a lot of time watching youtube videos.

I hear ya!  (But not perfectly.  Tinnitus from all that shooting in my misspent youth.) :MiniGun:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2018, 04:24:05 pm »

@Bigun, I can see how you might think that way, but some of the thoughts and/or combination of thoughts are quite unique and edifying.  Some fascinating stuff in there.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2018, 04:27:40 pm »
@Bigun, I can see how you might think that way, but some of the thoughts and/or combination of thoughts are quite unique and edifying.  Some fascinating stuff in there.

@Sanguine

I have no doubt that is true but the hour is late and there are only so many hours in a day.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2018, 04:29:00 pm »

Tucker Carlson's technique is to let them bring themselves down.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2018, 04:30:19 pm »
Tucker Carlson's technique is to let them bring themselves down.

Ah - sort of like the GWB method of maintaining the high ground?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2018, 04:31:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have a bit too much going on to spend much time on videos--I'd already have to have 48 hour days to take care of it all and get a nap.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:36 pm »
I have a bit too much going on to spend much time on videos--I'd already have to have 48 hour days to take care of it all and get a nap.

@Smokin Joe

I hope at least some of that relates to making a living!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2018, 04:42:26 pm »
Ah - sort of like the GWB method of maintaining the high ground?

One important distinction:  Tucker snaps the trap shut when they hang themselves, W thought that was in poor form, so he let them escape.  Half the time I wasn't convinced W thought he was correct.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2018, 04:44:50 pm »
Bookmarking...
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I hope at least some of that relates to making a living!
Unfortunately, it is far more time consuming looking for suitable work (at suitable pay rates) than just working 14 hour days, and then there are the honey-do s that come with being home....

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2018, 05:14:41 pm »
Unfortunately, it is far more time consuming looking for suitable work (at suitable pay rates) than just working 14 hour days, and then there are the honey-do s that come with being home....

@Smokin Joe

Hang in there my friend!  This to will pass!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2018, 06:00:53 pm »
One important distinction:  Tucker snaps the trap shut when they hang themselves, W thought that was in poor form, so he let them escape.  Half the time I wasn't convinced W thought he was correct.

I get frustrated because the trap-snapping is sometimes so subtle I'm not sure anyone "gets it".

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2018, 06:09:13 pm »
As for Rubin and Crowder:

Steven Crowder and Dave Rubin Talk Trump, Cruz, Abortion, and Climate Change (Full Interview)
! No longer available

Dave Rubin Fights #SJWs With Crowder | Louder With Crowder
        StevenCrowder

! No longer available

@Sanguine

I just listened to about 20 minutes of that and found it to be unbearably boring.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2018, 06:14:28 pm »
@Sanguine

I just listened to about 20 minutes of that and found it to be unbearably boring.

Interesting.

However, I would have started with this one: 
http://youtu.be/s6Ku_3wBsNg

Crowder can be an acquired taste.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2018, 06:46:07 pm »

BAIXIN on twitter has been having fun tweaking the  liberal hidiots.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2018, 07:31:30 pm »
BAIXIN on twitter has been having fun tweaking the  liberal hidiots.

:BangComp:
I will NOT comply.