Author Topic: Les Moonves and CBS Face Allegations of Sexual Misconduct...By Ronan Farrow  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Reporter at Large
August 6 & 13, 2018 Issue
Les Moonves and CBS Face Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
Six women accuse the C.E.O. of harassment and intimidation, and dozens more describe abuse at his company.

By Ronan Farrow

For more than twenty years, Leslie Moonves has been one of the most powerful media executives in America. As the chairman and C.E.O. of CBS Corporation, he oversees shows ranging from “60 Minutes” to “The Big Bang Theory.” His portfolio includes the premium cable channel Showtime, the publishing house Simon & Schuster, and a streaming service, CBS All Access. Moonves, who is sixty-eight, has a reputation for canny hiring and project selection. The Wall Street Journal recently called him a “TV programming wizard”; the Hollywood Reporter dubbed him a “Wall Street Hero.” In the tumultuous field of network television, he has enjoyed rare longevity as a leader. Last year, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, he earned nearly seventy million dollars, making him one of the highest-paid corporate executives in the world.

In recent months, Moonves has become a prominent voice in Hollywood’s #MeToo movement. In December, he helped found the Commission on Eliminating Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality in the Workplace, which is chaired by Anita Hill. “It’s a watershed moment,” Moonves said at a conference in November. “I think it’s important that a company’s culture will not allow for this. And that’s the thing that’s far-reaching. There’s a lot we’re learning. There’s a lot we didn’t know.”

But Moonves’s private actions belie his public statements. Six women who had professional dealings with him told me that, between the nineteen-eighties and the late aughts, Moonves sexually harassed them. Four described forcible touching or kissing during business meetings, in what they said appeared to be a practiced routine. Two told me that Moonves physically intimidated them or threatened to derail their careers. All said that he became cold or hostile after they rejected his advances, and that they believed their careers suffered as a result. “What happened to me was a sexual assault, and then I was fired for not participating,” the actress and writer Illeana Douglas told me. All the women said they still feared that speaking out would lead to retaliation from Moonves, who is known in the industry for his ability to make or break careers. “He has gotten away with it for decades,” the writer Janet Jones, who alleges that she had to shove Moonves off her after he forcibly kissed her at a work meeting, told me. “And it’s just not O.K.”

more
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/08/06/les-moonves-and-cbs-face-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Lynda Carter, Sharon Osborne among those expressing support for Moonves: Story here.

His wife, Julie Chen, tweeted that she's known him since the late 90s and has been married to him for 14 years. "Leslie is a good man and a loving father, devoted husband and inspiring corporate leader. He has always been a kind, decent and moral human being. I fully support my husband and stand behind him and his statement."

This should be interesting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Did any of these chippies go to the police?  Or were they "afraid" to do so?  Or did they think "no one will believe them?  Yadda-yadda-yadda.

Honestly, I'm rather numb from all these accusations.  I still think 99% of them are bogus.  They all seem like some organized effort to take down influential people that someone doesn't like.  Unfortunately, that also means the 1% or so who were raped or violently assaulted will not be believed.

Offline aligncare

Ronan Farrow has been working on this story a while, since last summer as I recall. It was rumored that the story was set to bust the lid wide open at CBS...remember, this all started over attempts by the Left to bring down candidate Trump and hurt FOX News on sexual harassment charges. They never figured it would morph into this ‘thing’ that ensnared the bigs of the Hollywood Left and half of the liberal media icons to boot.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think we all ought to jump to conclusions and hang his sorry ass based on the accusations alone! Why not?  We do it that way when republican candidates not approved by the establishment are involved all the time.   Why should this guy be any different?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ronan Farrow has been working on this story a while, since last summer as I recall. It was rumored that the story was set to bust the lid wide open at CBS...remember, this all started over attempts by the Left to bring down candidate Trump and hurt FOX News on sexual harassment charges. They never figured it would morph into this ‘thing’ that ensnared the bigs of the Hollywood Left and half of the liberal media icons to boot.
I remember when Hannity was on fire, that he was innocent, and would fight back.

Young Mr. Farrow has yet to be proved wrong. If 6 women line up and back the same charges, chances are very high, that the charges are true.

There are many women these days on boards. As a minimum they will demand an investigation.

A gray area, will be judged in faor of the complaining women.

Adios, Les 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln