Author Topic: Biden’s niece shows remorse after avoiding jail in credit card scam  (Read 1723 times)

Online mountaineer

Generous NY "justice."
Biden’s niece shows remorse after avoiding jail in credit card scam
By Rebecca Rosenberg
July 26, 2018 | 11:09am
Full story at NY Post

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s once-unruly niece has ​apparently ​grown up.

Caroline Biden, 31, offered a heartfelt apology and promised that her wild-child ways were behind her Thursday when she was sentenced to two years’ probation for racking up over $100,000 on a stolen credit card.  ...

As part of the sweetheart plea deal, her felony conviction was tossed in June for the unauthorized shopping spree at a Greenwich Village pharmacy. She was allowed to re-plead to the lesser charge of petit larceny.

The pampered Georgetown grad completed 10 days of community service at a children’s hospital and paid full restitution of $110,810.04. ...

This wasn’t Biden’s first brush with the law. She landed in cuffs in 2013 after a clash with a roommate over unpaid rent at their $3,500-a-month Tribeca pad — and took a swing at responding cops.

“I shouldn’t be handcuffed!” she railed to police at the time. “You don’t know who you’re doing this to!”

In that case, the charges were dismissed and sealed.
She's quite the little crime wave.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Remorse, my fat azz. There were no consequences for her so she will just do it again.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is an actual case of "Rich White Privileged"
Creepy Joe Biden's neice has been in and out of rehab for anger management and a drug addiction.  I bet this isn't the last time she will see the inside of a courthouse. She should be in jail.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

She certainly is special.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

She needs to check her white privilege.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

She certainly is special.

So effing special.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.