Author Topic: Russians Infiltrating the NRA?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Russians Infiltrating the NRA?
« on: July 22, 2018, 03:37:33 pm »
Am I the only one puzzled over why the Dims are all shrieking in horror over Russians joining the NRA? Did someone make the NRA a branch of the US government while I was sleeping last night,and grant them the right to make and enforce laws?

It ain't like they are infiltrating the FBI or the CIA,which are things the Dims don't really want to discuss for some odd reason.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Russians Infiltrating the NRA?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:00:17 pm »
Along those lines, it could be said the Russians infiltrated the media through Anya Chapman.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 02:45:22 am »
Am I the only one puzzled over why the Dims are all shrieking in horror over Russians joining the NRA? Did someone make the NRA a branch of the US government while I was sleeping last night,and grant them the right to make and enforce laws?

It ain't like they are infiltrating the FBI or the CIA,which are things the Dims don't really want to discuss for some odd reason.

They should be happy that Russians are registering themselves and getting interested with gun safety. Would a spy so easily make themselves known to a large organization that has an active reputation within a public sphere?
I won't accept.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:31 am »
The NRA gave Mikhail Kalishnikov an Honorary Life Membership.

Would I have been upset if he moved in next door?

Not in the slightest.

He said that it was "unfortunate" what others had done over the years with the AK 47 he invented, but he invented it for His country's soldiers to defeat Hitler's army with.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 03:25:17 pm »
The NRA gave Mikhail Kalishnikov an Honorary Life Membership.

Would I have been upset if he moved in next door?

Not in the slightest.

He said that it was "unfortunate" what others had done over the years with the AK 47 he invented, but he invented it for His country's soldiers to defeat Hitler's army with.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

And truth to tell,he stole the basic design and the intermediate round idea from the Germans and their STG-44. The Russians will never admit that,though. They invented everything. If you don't believe it,just ask one.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 03:28:49 pm »
Hadn't heard this, but my initial reaction is its an obvious rat ploy to delegitimize a political nemesis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »
Hadn't heard this, but my initial reaction is its an obvious rat ploy to delegitimize a political nemesis.

@skeeter

It's ok with me if you want to think that instead of looking it up.

It was also known as a MP3 and MP4,and before the full-auto ban you could actually buy one at a semi-reasonable price. You can still buy one if you can find a museum or collector that is willing to sell the one they have,but it will cost roughly a gazillion bucks. Some were captured by the US Army and found there way to the US,but most were seized by the Russians,and Russians being Russians,they are probably still in boxes in some warehouses in Siberia under armed guards,and will be for the next thousand years or so.

BTW,more than a few found their way to VN during the early days as both the Soviets and the US were arming THEIR VN allies with surplus weapons.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:35:34 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 03:43:44 pm »
@skeeter

It's ok with me if you want to think that instead of looking it up.

It was also known as a MP3 and MP4,and before the full-auto ban you could actually buy one at a semi-reasonable price. You can still buy one if you can find a museum or collector that is willing to sell the one they have,but it will cost roughly a gazillion bucks. Some were captured by the US Army and found there way to the US,but most were seized by the Russians,and Russians being Russians,they are probably still in boxes in some warehouses in Siberia under armed guards,and will be for the next thousand years or so.

BTW,more than a few found their way to VN during the early days as both the Soviets and the US were arming THEIR VN allies with surplus weapons.

I looked it up. Its a rat ploy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 03:55:07 pm »
I looked it up. Its a rat ploy.

@skeeter

LOL! I have actually handled and shot one.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 04:00:45 pm »
@skeeter

LOL! I have actually handled and shot one.

I suspect we're talking about two different things.