Author Topic: 10 Tips on How to Identify a Phishing or Spoofing Email  (Read 775 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
10 Tips on How to Identify a Phishing or Spoofing Email
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:54:01 am »
10 Tips on How to Identify a Phishing or Spoofing Email

Posted by Estelle Derouet on December 15, 2015

Phishing attacks are more rampant than ever before, rising by more than 162 percent from 2010 to 2014. They cost organizations around the globe $4.5 billion every year and over half of internet users get at least one phishing email per day.

The best defense companies have against phishing attacks is to block malicious emails before they reach customers with the DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) standard. Brands must also work with a vendor that can offer email threat intelligence data revealing attacks beyond DMARC (e.g., attacks that spoof their brand using domains outside of the company’s control).

Unfortunately, no matter what companies do, some phishing emails will always make it to the inbox. And those messages are extremely effective—97% of people around the globe cannot identify a sophisticated phishing email. That’s where customer education comes in.

Here are 10 tips on how to identify a phishing or spoofing email. Share them externally with your customers and internally with your company

Read more at: https://blog.returnpath.com/10-tips-on-how-to-identify-a-phishing-or-spoofing-email-v2/

I was listening to the radio earlier, part of this Russia-gate scandal is how they were able to sucker John Podesta by sending out phishing emails for his google password.  Some people are so naive about this scam. I come across them myself even ever so often. 

People should know better, just don't answer these or some pop ups on the computer. 15-20 years ago, perhaps, someone even got my password once so it is simply that people need to know better.