Author Topic: Netflix Twists Anne of Green Gables into a 'Queer Soirée' With 5 LGBT Characters  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Another reason to ditch Netflix.

The new Netflix adaptation of the 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables has been revised to include multiple homosexual characters, according to the series creator, Moira Walley-Beckett.

In the Northwood Entertainment-produced series, "Anne With an E," the beloved character Great Aunt Josephine Barry is the first of many LGBT characters in the series.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/entertainment/2018/july/netflix-twists-anne-of-green-gables-into-a-queer-soiree-with-5-lgbt-characters
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
Netflix is garbage.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:30:27 pm by LucasWhite »

Silver Pines

Netflix is garbage.

@LucasWhite

Why?  I'm asking seriously...we might finally be able to access decent streaming speed, and we're looking everything,  I've heard from more than a few people that Netflix's selection sucks.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@LucasWhite

Why?  I'm asking seriously...we might finally be able to access decent streaming speed, and we're looking everything,  I've heard from more than a few people that Netflix's selection sucks.

Besides the fact they (Netflix) hired B. Hussein and his Wookie wife to developed shows that reflect the Obama vision of America....  Not a darn thing.

Offline mountaineer

The media outlet reports the show also features two homosexual male characters. One is Anne's good friend, "Cole."

"It would only make sense that there would be somebody in the class who was struggling with identity," Walley-Beckett claims. "I was very keen to include a storyline like that."

And it doesn't end there. IndieWire goes on to report that the series creator also pictured the children's teacher, Mr. Phillips, as gay.

"Also, in my mind, their teacher Mr. Phillips has always been an unidentified closeted homosexual," Walley-Beckett said. "He just has no idea that he was."
Ms. Walley-Beckett is quite seriously mentally ill.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

Besides the fact they (Netflix) hired B. Hussein and his Wookie wife to developed shows that reflect the Obama vision of America....  Not a darn thing.

@The Ghost

Meh, they’re all leftists.  I want to be entertained.

Offline Wingnut

@The Ghost

Meh, they’re all leftists.  I want to be entertained.
LOL
Are you not being entertained? 

Silver Pines

LOL
Are you not being entertained? 

@The Ghost

DAMN I need to re-watch that flick...!

Offline Wingnut

@The Ghost

DAMN I need to re-watch that flick...!

Bless you !  Go for it!

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Such a cliche.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

Such a cliche.

an expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has become overused to the point of losing its original meaning or effect, even to the point of being trite or irritating, especially when at some earlier time it was considered meaningful or novel.
Spot on.   Damn Brilliant and a succinct post dude.    Orson Wells is clapping for you 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My Roku includes Netflix,, Amazon Prime, and others. There is no way I can consume all of the material selections offered.

Therefore I use the on-off buttons, the channel selection buttons etc.

Of late I'm listening to podcasts and youtubers. (temporary visual impairment) Joe Rogan and Dave Rubin conduct fascinating interviews with interesting people. Joe is not a homo but Dave is. Doesn't impact the interview. 

I realize homosexuals are and have been disproportionately present in entertainment. To avoid all contact, one must makethe entertainment search activity, too complicated. Therefore if content bothers me, I stop watching that particular selection.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
@LucasWhite

They promote all kinds of degeneracy from LGBT to pedophilia.

Offline goatprairie

Keep It Gay

! No longer available
The original with Zero Mostel is still the best.  Even my old man laughed at the original, and he didn't hardly laugh at anything.