Author Topic: FDA plans to crack down on alternative "milk" products  (Read 2617 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: FDA plans to crack down on alternative "milk" products
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 03:25:18 am »
@INVAR
"The courts" are government aren't they?  If the government is corrupt beyond redemption, why involve them. 

Because bureaucrats are worse and unless you got buckets of money from big lobbying firms, our "Representatives" are not interested in 'the little people' unless it grows the state or their wallets.

Look, this is a pissin' in the wind thing - hardly a hill to die on.

I hear that about every single issue from abortion to guns to deficit spending involving the talons of the insatiable Statist beast in D.C. 

I'm convinced there is no hill much of anyone in this country is willing to die on for liberty, except a few of us 'extremists' and nutjobs.

This merely enforces previously unenforced existing food safety regs of identity standards.

This has NOTHING to do with 'safety'.  This has everything to do with punishing those not from the Dairy lobby who are hurting their profit margins as people are turning to alternatives instead of dairy.

It just says you can't call it "milk". 

And you cannot call a transgendered by what's between their legs, you cannot call homosexual perverts or their behavior a sin, but you can be forced to bake them a wedding cake.  It never ends with the government telling us what we are allowed to think, say and do.  I'm freaking sick and tired of their fingers getting into all our pies. 

It can still be sold and the choices will still be available. 

Under what 'market' will it be allowed to be sold?  Will Big Dairy get government to ban selling soy milk in the dairy case?  I'm sure that's the next step.

Get government out of it.  Let the manufacturers hammer it out in court.

I don't see that as a bad thing particularly in light of this:

I see anything government touches as a bad light.

Is that beef?  I think not and I'd appreciate knowing that it's not quite the real thing before i get it home.   

Is "meat" genetically grown from fecal matter a public health risk?  Soy, coconut and almond milk is arguably not. So an entirely different situation.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:22 am »
If you're a dairy farmer and someone starts marketing chalk in water and calls it milk because it's white, wouldn't the enforcement of the "lactating" standard of identity be safeguarding your opportunity? 

So some regulation is OK?  Where's that line drawn?

If I'm a dairy farmer, and someone calls chalk milk, I'm laughing my ass off,

Because people know the difference without government interference.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 04:07:13 am »

Exactly what I was thinking; entertainment.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 04:38:59 am »

I am assuming that these products will also have to be called something else so as not to upset the Dairy Lobbying Congress?

I mean, people are simply too stupid to know that magnesias cannot be 'milked' - henceforth we need a government agency to set regulations on what they are permitted to call their products.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline thackney

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 11:37:01 am »
an environment where we'll soon be eating "meat" grown in a lab I kinda like someone looking out for stuff like this.

+1

Deceptive trade practices.  The real problem is how long it went unchallenged.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »
+1

Deceptive trade practices.  The real problem is how long it went unchallenged.

Really?

You didn't know and could not comprehend that soy, almond and coconut milk are not dairy products?

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 03:40:37 pm »
The question is not whether or not people can figure out the difference (though I'm sure there would be plenty who can't), the question is when that is known. I bought tomato paste, it poured out like water. That ain't paste. I bought burgers that turned out to be chains of protiens.  I bought a tube that said toothpaste but turned out to be caulk (but it was white and pasty). My friend kissed a woman but when he got her home it was really a man. Labeling and standards of identity matter.  :cool:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 03:54:01 pm »
My friend kissed a woman but when he got her home it was really a man. Labeling and standards of identity matter.  :cool:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2018, 04:23:51 pm »
The question is not whether or not people can figure out the difference (though I'm sure there would be plenty who can't), the question is when that is known. I bought tomato paste, it poured out like water. That ain't paste. I bought burgers that turned out to be chains of protiens.  I bought a tube that said toothpaste but turned out to be caulk (but it was white and pasty). My friend kissed a woman but when he got her home it was really a man. Labeling and standards of identity matter.  :cool:

Buyer beware.

When you live in an environment with deceitful merchants (as it was when I lived in India), you are a whole lot more careful when purchasing.

I'd rather take my chances than empower government to make sure everyone is 'safe'.

Government is the last entity anyone should trust with anything.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »
My friend kissed a woman but when he got her home it was really a man. Labeling and standards of identity matter.  :cool:

A classic case of deceptive trade practices. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 05:43:16 pm »
A classic case of deceptive trade practices.

Danny Bonaduce beat the living crap out of a fellow practicing "deceptive trade practices" on his dancing jellybean in Phoenix a couple decades back.  Danny Partridge, we hardly knew ya!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »
Danny Bonaduce beat the living crap out of a fellow practicing "deceptive trade practices" on his dancing jellybean in Phoenix a couple decades back.  Danny Partridge, we hardly knew ya!

Rubin Kincaid would have been proud of the lil sprout! 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 05:51:45 pm »
Rubin Kincaid would have been proud of the lil sprout!

I was, but everybody seemed to get so upset about it at the time.  I said, "Hey!  Way to go, Danny!"  The male hooker found out the hard way Danny had a Black Belt.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 05:54:57 pm »
I was, but everybody seemed to get so upset about it at the time.  I said, "Hey!  Way to go, Danny!"  The male hooker found out the hard way Danny had a Black Belt.

Fueled by a little roid rage IIRC! 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 06:00:08 pm »
Fueled by a little roid rage IIRC!

Damn, you're good.  And you don't even live in Phoenix, do ya?
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 06:07:09 pm »
Damn, you're good.  And you don't even live in Phoenix, do ya?

Scary... Ain't it!

Negatory on the AZ connection   :cool:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 08:53:34 pm »

Proof that you do not need government regulators and government policy to deal with 'deceptive trade practices'.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 09:18:30 pm »
Proof that you do not need government regulators and government policy to deal with 'deceptive trade practices'.

No, that was a case of the practitioner of deceptive practices finding the government extremely useful.  Bonaduce was charged, tried and convicted of aggravated assault for that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:32 pm »
No, that was a case of the practitioner of deceptive practices finding the government extremely useful.  Bonaduce was charged, tried and convicted of aggravated assault for that.

I don't know hwy I remember that, but I remember it happening.

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 01:43:06 am »

In this instance, you are replying to the wrong person, you should redirect to meldrew...however, "milk" as terminology has several definitions