Author Topic: California Supreme Court blocks ballot measure to divide state into three  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Hill 7/18/2018 By Avery Anapol

The California Supreme Court on Wednesday blocked a proposal to split the state into three from appearing as a ballot measure in November, according to multiple reports.

The proposal, championed by venture capitalist Tim Draper, had gathered at least 600,000 signatures which was enough to earn a spot on the midterm ballot.

The court said that it decided to remove the measure from the ballot “because significant questions have been raised regarding the proposition’s validity,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

“We conclude that the potential harm in permitting the measure to remain on the ballot outweighs the potential harm in delaying the proposition to a future election,” the court wrote.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/397708-california-blocks-ballot-measure-to-divide-state-into-three

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Really, too bad. I'm sure there are many fine people out there and the state is just, very diverse in parts, in SF, LA is really different and huge, population-wise. I'm saying too bad, even with the possibility of it giving us more liberal senators. I'm not positive it would.