Author Topic: Trump says he holds Putin personally responsible for election meddling  (Read 2743 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Who cares if he's "acting tough" about information he got one to two years ago about "information he was getting from agencies that are infested with the likes of Brennan, Comey, Lynch, McCabe and Strzok"?  If he truly trusts "our intelligence agencies as currently constituted", I think he should have made that clear without the "but" he gave to Putin during the Press Conference.  All he had to do is to say something along the lines of:  "My team is in place.  They've assured me that Russia tried to influence our election.  I believe them.  President Putin denies it, but I believe MY intelligence and national security communnity.  Regardless, I want to both protect our country from ANY country trying to meddling in our elections AND improve relations with Russia.  I think President Putin and I can do both." 

Unfortunately, his staff didn't provide him with a statement like this or he refused to read it, and as a result we have more self-inflicted wounds from this Administration with days upon days of correction, walk-back, and walk-back of the walk-backs.   Complete Amateur Hour IMO.......yet again.  JMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

Personally, I'm sick of the diplomacy.  Donald Trump is not a politician.  Nor is he a diplomat.

What you get from him is EXACTLY what he's feeling in that moment.  Anything that follows to change it is bullshit.

When asked the question, Pres. Trump was thinking about the constitution of those agencies from where all the 'evidence' originated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We'll agree to disagree.

Personally, I'm sick of the diplomacy.  Donald Trump is not a politician.  Nor is he a diplomat.

No.

He's an agent of chaos.

Like this guy:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

No.

He's an agent of chaos.

Like this guy:

Of course he's the agent of chaos.  It's hurting him, and I'm afraid he's not smart enough to even recognize it.  He keeps making self-inflicted wounds, and seemingly can't help himself.  It's sad to see anyone self-destruct.  I think it'll only get worse from here.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline American Faith Today

@Applewood

It's who he is, and who he was during the campaign. 

Notice that he got tough once he got back on American soil and away from Putin.

That's because at his core the "All American alpha male" is a pandering, weak, coward who claims not to care what haters think or say but actually can't stand being disliked or criticized.  So, he tells one crowd or one person what they want to hear and tells the other side what they want to hear, even though they naturally contradict.

And sadly, a whole lot of people can't see it.  Or don't want to.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Of course he's the agent of chaos.  It's hurting him, and I'm afraid he's not smart enough to even recognize it.  He keeps making self-inflicted wounds, and seemingly can't help himself.  It's sad to see anyone self-destruct.  I think it'll only get worse from here.

This ought to stir him up.....

Senate GOP Attempts To Wave Trump Off Second Putin Summit

Senate Republicans are attempting to dissuade President Trump from holding another summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin anytime soon.

Many GOP senators regard Trump's meeting with the Russian leader in Helsinki earlier this week as a political disaster. Congressional Republicans have since come under intense pressure to renounce the president's embrace of Putin on the world stage, particularly his apparent acceptance of Putin’s denial that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/397976-senate-gop-attempts-to-wave-trump-off-second-putin-summit
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DB

Offline Concerned

This ought to stir him up.....

Senate GOP Attempts To Wave Trump Off Second Putin Summit

Senate Republicans are attempting to dissuade President Trump from holding another summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin anytime soon.

Many GOP senators regard Trump's meeting with the Russian leader in Helsinki earlier this week as a political disaster. Congressional Republicans have since come under intense pressure to renounce the president's embrace of Putin on the world stage, particularly his apparent acceptance of Putin’s denial that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/397976-senate-gop-attempts-to-wave-trump-off-second-putin-summit

I suspect everyone but the most partisan sycophants and Trump himself (of course) recognize that this summit and it's aftermath was "a political disaster" for Trump.  I believe the reason Trump is so hot to have another summit in the fall is because this one was so badly panned by his normal supporters from Fox News to Newt Gingrich.  His ego is such that he is determined to prove to the world that he can be tough face-to-face with Putin. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
We'll agree to disagree.

What you get from him is EXACTLY what he's feeling in that moment.  Anything that follows to change it is bullshit.

When asked the question, Pres. Trump was thinking about the constitution of those agencies from where all the 'evidence' originated.

@DCPatriot

Face it DC. There's a coterie here that will fry him for not going Rocky on Dolph Lundgren, today, and would have been every bit as blinkered, condescending and derogatory if he had.

Kind of like that "When did you stop beating your wife?" jazz.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There's a coterie here that will fry him for not going Rocky on Dolph Lundgren, today

Nobody wants to see his fat, pasty ass in those star spangled shorts.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Nobody wants to see his fat, pasty ass in those star spangled shorts.

See what I mean?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 03:26:03 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@DCPatriot

Face it DC. There's a coterie here that will fry him for not going Rocky on Dolph Lundgren, today, and would have been every bit as blinkered, condescending and derogatory if he had.

Kind of like that "When did you stop beating your wife?" jazz.

Are you kidding me?  I knew Trump would bend over and kiss Putin's butt.  I think Putin has something on Trump.  I would have been shocked if Trump did not show subservience to Putin.  Go Rocky?  Are you the straight man in a comedy @To-Whose-Benefit? 

I know it's just my opinion, but President Trump is a disgrace and he humiliated America for the 57,823rd time.