Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8118 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't see any point in posting to me anymore. I asked several times and all you post are bumper sticker criticisms.

Seems like the fitting response to someone only capable of posting "bumper sticker" diplomatic solutions.

Toodles.  :seeya:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

Very good points all, @bilo

Emphatically, NO, I was hoping for a little more middle of the road here, no kissing, no cussing, so to speak.

As I also, My friend.

It seems the media and the Rats want to turn a lack of criticizing of Putin into "treason". I thought Trump was surprisingly diplomatic. I do give him credit for not allowing the media to box him into a corner, especially with his responses about the missing DNC servers. All in all, I though it was a good press conference. If we can get greater cooperation from Russia it will also serve as a firewall to China/Russia cooperation.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

It seems the media and the Rats want to turn a lack of criticizing of Putin into "treason". I thought Trump was surprisingly diplomatic. I do give him credit for not allowing the media to box him into a corner, especially with his responses about the missing DNC servers. All in all, I though it was a good press conference. If we can get greater cooperation from Russia it will also serve as a firewall to China/Russia cooperation.

You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

Recall the handwritten letter Reagan sent to Leonid Brezhnev in April 1981, shortly after Reagan was shot, in which Reagan said:

“When we met [at Nixon’s San Clemente home in 1973] I asked you if you were aware that the hopes and aspirations of millions and millions of people throughout the world were dependent on the decisions that would be reached in your meetings.  You took my hand in both of yours and assured me that you were aware of that and that you were dedicated with all your heart and mind to fulfilling those hopes and dreams.

“Is it possible that we have permitted ideology, political and economic philosophies, and governmental policies to keep us from considering the very real, everyday problems of our peoples? . . . Mr. President, should we not be concerned with eliminating the obstacles which prevent our people from achieving their most cherished goals?  And isn’t it possible some of these obstacles are born of government objectives which have little to do with the real need and desires of our people?”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/trump-in-helsinki.php

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Recall the handwritten letter Reagan sent to Leonid Brezhnev in April 1981, shortly after Reagan was shot, in which Reagan said:

“When we met [at Nixon’s San Clemente home in 1973] I asked you if you were aware that the hopes and aspirations of millions and millions of people throughout the world were dependent on the decisions that would be reached in your meetings.  You took my hand in both of yours and assured me that you were aware of that and that you were dedicated with all your heart and mind to fulfilling those hopes and dreams.

“Is it possible that we have permitted ideology, political and economic philosophies, and governmental policies to keep us from considering the very real, everyday problems of our peoples? . . . Mr. President, should we not be concerned with eliminating the obstacles which prevent our people from achieving their most cherished goals?  And isn’t it possible some of these obstacles are born of government objectives which have little to do with the real need and desires of our people?”

@endicom

Thanks for posting that.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And yet he still after that referred to the Soviet Union as "The Evil Empire" made his infamous "we launched the missiles" comment before his Saturday address...told Gorby to "tear down this wall" and with the help of a very shrewd analyst at the CIA spent the Soviet Union into oblivion.

Every chance he had he took the USSR to task over their  totalitarian regime and it's brutal treatment of dissidents.

He got up to walk away from the negotiating table when Gorby tried to change the deal they were working out in Iceland.

At no time did he publicly throw the U.S. or anyone that worked in the Intelligence agencies of the U.S. under the bus...call them liars or blame the U.S. for the sad state of relations between the U.S. and the USSR.

In short...he did and said everything Trump either couldn't or wouldn't say toady in public or in private.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

If we're expecting a firewall between China and Russia, it's a bit late.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-military-tells-russia-weve-come-support-you-against-us-870070

I think the Russians are well aware that they are holding a tiger by the tail when dealing with China. The Russian economy is about 1/10th the size of the Chinese economy and the Russian population is about 1/8th that of China. Siberia is a huge land mass that is sparsely populated and is abundant in resources. The Chinese economy is diversified and other than natural resources the other big export for the Russian economy is military weaponry. IOW, if the Russians don't want to ultimately become a satellite in China's sphere of influence they need to develop new relationships.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DB

And yet he still after that referred to the Soviet Union as "The Evil Empire" made his infamous "we launched the missiles" comment before his Saturday address...told Gorby to "tear down this wall" and with the help of a very shrewd analyst at the CIA spent the Soviet Union into oblivion.

Every chance he had he took the USSR to task over their  totalitarian regime and it's brutal treatment of dissidents.

He got up to walk away from the negotiating table when Gorby tried to change the deal they were working out in Iceland.

At no time did he publicly throw the U.S. or anyone that worked in the Intelligence agencies of the U.S. under the bus...call them liars or blame the U.S. for the sad state of relations between the U.S. and the USSR.

In short...he did and said everything Trump either couldn't or wouldn't say toady in public or in private.

That's because it is all about Trump. Not the office he holds.

Offline endicom

And the U.S. Marines training with Ukrainian troops? And our selling(?) the Ukraine weapons heretofore withheld?

We'd do well to not follow the prestidigitation and wait to see which rabbit comes from the hat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've seen a lot of people jumping into panic rooms today, and off cliffs.  Knowing what I do about the press, I've been waiting to see what the actual facts are before I start building my bomb shelter.

I refuse to be pushed by either side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've seen a lot of people jumping into panic rooms today, and off cliffs.  Knowing what I do about the press, I've been waiting to see what the actual facts are before I start building my bomb shelter.

I refuse to be pushed by either side.

888high58888

But, then I'm acrophobic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fact is, that the Deep State DEMS and MSM...after the election, put all their marbles into 'Russia, Russia, Russia'.

When viewed through that lens, it's logical to see them overreact today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy
@Cyber Liberty

As of this evening, John Kasich is running for president in 2020.  He will be on CNN shortly.  I will give him money and vote for him.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As of this evening, John Kasich is running for president in 2020.  He will be on CNN shortly.  I will give him money and vote for him.

Please don’t.  He thinks the role of government is to use taxation and function like a faith based charity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

Please don’t.  He thinks the role of government is to use taxation and function like a faith based charity.
@edpc

I know him. Honest, Christian, balanced the US budget two times and it hasn't been balanced since he left congress.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@edpc

I know him. Honest, Christian, balanced the US budget two times and it hasn't been balanced since he left congress.

@Victoria33, I love you, but Kasich is an power-hungry, egomaniacal nitwit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

But his daddy was a postman!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@Sanguine

I love you too.  I know Kasich, too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd just as soon see the entire CIA resign.

Perhaps then we could contract with Mossad for intelligence services.

Then perhaps we'd start getting GOOD information again...  ;)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
2016 will vote for Hillary Clinton
2020 Will vote for John Kasich

as seen, and documented, at the "Conservative Hub"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

To what end?

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
But as Trump has shown with other world Dictators he won't do that...we already know this.  He'll speak in glowing terms just like he did with Xi of China and Kim of North Korea.

As my dear old mama used to say "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

This is not a glowing report of the fly, btw....

Offline corbe

There you go again @truth_seeker as far as I know only one person here voted for hellary in 2016 and it's not who you think it is as and as much as I respect my Dear Friends Kasich push. it does not make a Conservative movement.  Most the Never's that I'm acquainted with here drew the line in the sand not with Trump, per say, but with NY Liberals in general.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.