Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8120 times)

Offline bilo

I sure don't want him @ss kissing America's enemies like he's been doing as of late.

It's easy to be critical, take the tough road. What would you do that Trump isn't doing to change how China does business? What would you do that Trump isn't already doing to get North Korea to denuclearize. What would you do that Trump isn't doing to get Russia to be cooperative on Iran?

I watched the news conference and didn't see any "@ss kissing". I saw Trump being more diplomatic than usual, but still strong.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I trust that she is giving the president the best information she has but not the people that compile it!  She, probably more than most,  has a good handle on what to believe and what not to but she is not immune to being baffled with BS either!

The pretzels the Putin defenders like yourself are twisting yourself into in order to defend Trump's kissy kissy session with Vlad is nothing short of amazing.

That's twice now in the lasts two months he's thrown his own country under the bus in front of countries who are not our friends and people here are just lapping it up and talking about how wonderful it is that our President does that.

Funny thing is...it's the same people that bitched and complained...rightfully so...when Obama went on his world apology tour.

Different president...different set of rules I guess.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I trust that she is giving the president the best information she has but not the people that compile it!  She, probably more than most,  has a good handle on what to believe and what not to but she is not immune to being baffled with BS either!

She's been in the CIA for 33 years.  She's painfully aware in intra-agency politics and likely has a very clear understanding of who she can trust and who she cannot.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's easy to be critical, take the tough road. What would you do that Trump isn't doing to change how China does business? What would you do that Trump isn't already doing to get North Korea to denuclearize. What would you do that Trump isn't doing to get Russia to be cooperative on Iran?

Everything he's done so far to give them what they want in the way of concessions with nothing in return for starters.

I watched the news conference and didn't see any "@ss kissing". I saw Trump being more diplomatic than usual, but still strong.

Please he threw the U.S. under the bus...again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The pretzels the Putin defenders like yourself are twisting yourself into in order to defend Trump's kissy kissy session with Vlad is nothing short of amazing.

That's twice now in the lasts two months he's thrown his own country under the bus in front of countries who are not our friends and people here are just lapping it up and talking about how wonderful it is that our President does that.

Funny thing is...it's the same people that bitched and complained...rightfully so...when Obama went on his world apology tour.

Different president...different set of rules I guess.

I live in Realville! I do not twist myself into pretzels for any reason on any subject! You can continue to live in your fairytale world all you want but doing that isn't going to change a damned thing!

And BTW: Obama was doing his damnedist to destroy what little remains of the once great Republic while Trump is doing what he can to restore it. BIG difference IMHO!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:34:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I live in Realville! I do not twist myself into pretzels for any reason on any subject! You can continue to live in your fairytale world all you want but doing that isn't going to change a damned thing!

Your own words that you trust Vladimir Putin's word...that you believe the former head of the KGB more than you do the former and the current DCI (Director of Central Intelligence...Pompeo and Haspel) and the DNI (Director of National Intelligence- Dan Coats) people who work for and at the direction of the President of your own country...shows you live somewhere south of "Realville".
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:35:04 pm by txradioguy »

Offline bilo

Nope saw that.  Actually started the live thread on that...guess you missed that.   :whistle:

Just mind boggling that people will more readily believe the former head of the KGB than the people of their own country.  Not the political hacks like Comey and Strozk...but the hard working field agents and station chiefs putting their @ss on the line to get the intel that is sent back to Langley.

See it's not just the upper management/political appointees Trump craps on when he does what he did today in Helsinki.

It's not a binary choice.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And BTW: Obama was doing his damnedist to destroy what little remains of the once great Republic while Trump is doing what he can to restore it. BIG difference IMHO!

And by the way...when Trump blames the U.S. for problems with North Korea keeping it's word and for the crappy state of U.S./Russia relations...he's no better than Obama...IMHO!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not a binary choice.

No...according to you and a few other fans of Russia it's a singular choice.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Your own words that you trust Vladimir Putin's word...that you believe the former head of the KGB more than you do the former and the current DCI (Director of Central Intelligence...Pompeo and Haspel) and the DNI (Director of National Intelligence- Dan Coats) people who work for and at the direction of the President of your own country...shows you live somewhere south of "Realville".

My own words were "I would trust Putin more that John Brennan" and I still stand by what I said!  Your press credentials are showing!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And by the way...when Trump blames the U.S. for problems with North Korea keeping it's word and for the crappy state of U.S./Russia relations...he's no better than Obama...IMHO!

And YOU don't know where or not he is right about any of that and I'm not at all surprised that you would hold that opinion!  Not in the slightest!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

Everything he's done so far to give them what they want in the way of concessions with nothing in return for starters.

Please he threw the U.S. under the bus...again.

Oh come on, it's not an unfair question. You're saying Trump is doing a terrible job. I'm saying he's really not. What I'm asking is what would you do that Trump isn't doing on China, North Korea, Iran and Russia?

You just said he's giving concessions, but he's raising tariffs on China because of their trade and theft policies. He's kept the sanctions on North Korea. He's armed the Ukraine and pushed back on Germany's pipeline deal with Russia.

Let's sit and reason together. Tell me what you would do that Trump isn't doing.

Offline bilo

No...according to you and a few other fans of Russia it's a singular choice.

Do you have anything of substance to say on the issue of foreign policy?

If not I'll stop asking you for details.

As I said from the beginning, I didn't see anything meaningful that would be accomplished by accusing Putin of lying. Maybe you don't understand that saying this doesn't mean I trust Putin. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I fully democrats, the Fakestream media, #nevertrumps of all stripes, to side with Hayden, Mueller, Comey, Brennan, Strrzok,, etc.

Brennan, after all, only voted for a communist, which is pretty mainstream among the aforementioned folks.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

Oh come on, it's not an unfair question. You're saying Trump is doing a terrible job. I'm saying he's really not. What I'm asking is what would you do that Trump isn't doing on China, North Korea, Iran and Russia?

You just said he's giving concessions, but he's raising tariffs on China because of their trade and theft policies. He's kept the sanctions on North Korea. He's armed the Ukraine and pushed back on Germany's pipeline deal with Russia.

Let's sit and reason together. Tell me what you would do that Trump isn't doing.

Can I take a bite of this apple @bilo?

Just last week I was tempted to ask @txradioguy if he'd gone over to the Dark Side in his praise for something Trump has done, out of respect for him I refrained.  Needless to say he got no kudos from the Trumpers for his honest stand.

Back to your very thoughtful hypothetical question.

China has always been the key to NK and Trump was on the right track until he met with that little despot and made him somewhat credible and then immediately ramped up tariffs on China negating his hold card with KJU.
   Best thing he's finally done negating the Iran deal, too bad it took 18 months from Day 1. 

On Ukraine, his since indicted Campaign Manager, Manafort, pushed hard to remove weapon sales to Ukraine in the GOP platform, now we realize he was an 'unpaid' lobbyist for the Russian interests there.   Admittedly, there are no easy answers for the Russian dilemma and Trump may indeed prove successful here but somehow I'm still skeptical. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I fully democrats, the Fakestream media, #nevertrumps of all stripes, to side with Hayden, Mueller, Comey, Brennan, Strrzok,, etc.

Brennan, after all, only voted for a communist, which is pretty mainstream among the aforementioned folks.

NeverTrumpers (whatever that is) are no more for those azzholes you listed than we were for bernie or hellary in 2016 @truth_seeker   
    Hyperbole much?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

On Ukraine, his since indicted Campaign Manager, Manafort, pushed hard to remove weapon sales to Ukraine in the GOP platform, now we realize he was an 'unpaid' lobbyist for the Russian interests there.   Admittedly, there are no easy answers for the Russian dilemma and Trump may indeed prove successful here but somehow I'm still skeptical.

Well Sen McCain, we have no business in the Ukraine. It is a corrupt mess. That is why Putin rolled in there so easily. Half the country is with him. The other half is easily bought off.

Offline corbe

If it was that EASY Trump would have Hotels there, @Frank Cannon

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   I'm reserving judgment until I watch Hannity's one hour special tonight on Uranium One.

When you do, let me know so I'll know what to think too.

Offline bilo

Can I take a bite of this apple @bilo?

Just last week I was tempted to ask @txradioguy if he'd gone over to the Dark Side in his praise for something Trump has done, out of respect for him I refrained.  Needless to say he got no kudos from the Trumpers for his honest stand.

Back to your very thoughtful hypothetical question.

China has always been the key to NK and Trump was on the right track until he met with that little despot and made him somewhat credible and then immediately ramped up tariffs on China negating his hold card with KJU.
   Best thing he's finally done negating the Iran deal, too bad it took 18 months from Day 1. 

I agree that China is key to denuclearizing North Korea. I think the tariffs are only a small part of the North Korean strategy. The big hold card is the Chinese Banks that are doing business with North Korea. If Trump pushes sanctions on them the Chinese economy will fall into recession. So far I'm seeing a gradual "tightening of the screws". I believe the hope is as things get tighter the willingness to resolve the issues will improve.

I don't fault Trump for meeting with the NK dictator. It was a long shot at best that a deal could be struck then and there, but if you don't try and it comes to going to war there will always be that question if it could have been avoided. As it is, Pompeo is talking with them and we are firm in our demands. Lets see if we can avoid a war.

As far as Ukraine and Crimea, I really don't see a lot of good options other than arming Ukraine so they can at least defend themselves. Crimea is gone. We aren't going to risk a nuclear confrontation with Russia over Crimea.

The most interesting thing I've seen on Iran is Trump is working on getting our "allies" to stop all oil imports from Iran. If that happens he might get Russia to cooperate because what they lose in defense industry sales to Iran they can make up for in oil sales to Europe. We will see.

Do you believe Trump would have accomplished anything by publicly criticizing Putin?

I'm not always a Trump supporter. I didn't even vote for him, because I figured he would swing left. However, I am finding I agree with him more than I disagree.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Do you have anything of substance to say on the issue of foreign policy?

If not I'll stop asking you for details.

I've said a lot with a lot of substance.

Problem is it falls on deaf ears where the Russian fan boi's are concerned.

I've given details...but when it falls on deaf ears... :shrug:

As I said from the beginning, I didn't see anything meaningful that would be accomplished by accusing Putin of lying. Maybe you don't understand that saying this doesn't mean I trust Putin.

There are other ways to get the point across to Putin without using the word liar.  The statement from DNI Coats that @edpc posted would have been far better than what we saw take place on TV in Helsinki today.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And people who have their lips so firmly planted on Trumps posterior have lost common sense too.

Amazing how you show up now...but were completely absent last week when some of us criticizing what was being done to Trump with Strozk and company.

You continually prove a much known point about yourself here and what your motivations are.

Thanks for not disappointing.

I've got a right to any GD thing I want.  And so do you.

I say you lack common sense on this particular issue/topic.  People who ordinarily agree with you are also in your face here.

To most, that would call for a bit of reflection. 

So...smarten up.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

I agree that China is key to denuclearizing North Korea. I think the tariffs are only a small part of the North Korean strategy. The big hold card is the Chinese Banks that are doing business with North Korea. If Trump pushes sanctions on them the Chinese economy will fall into recession. So far I'm seeing a gradual "tightening of the screws". I believe the hope is as things get tighter the willingness to resolve the issues will improve.

I don't fault Trump for meeting with the NK dictator. It was a long shot at best that a deal could be struck then and there, but if you don't try and it comes to going to war there will always be that question if it could have been avoided. As it is, Pompeo is talking with them and we are firm in our demands. Lets see if we can avoid a war.

As far as Ukraine and Crimea, I really don't see a lot of good options other than arming Ukraine so they can at least defend themselves. Crimea is gone. We aren't going to risk a nuclear confrontation with Russia over Crimea.

The most interesting thing I've seen on Iran is Trump is working on getting our "allies" to stop all oil imports from Iran. If that happens he might get Russia to cooperate because what they lose in defense industry sales to Iran they can make up for in oil sales to Europe. We will see.

Very good points all, @bilo

Do you believe Trump would have accomplished anything by publicly criticizing Putin?

Emphatically, NO, I was hoping for a little more middle of the road here, no kissing, no cussing, so to speak.

I'm not always a Trump supporter. I didn't even vote for him, because I figured he would swing left. However, I am finding I agree with him more than I disagree.

As I also, My friend.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I've got a right to any GD thing I want.  And so do you.

Glad to see you finally admit that. Even if I had to piss you off to get you to make that statement.

Because for the longest time you've only advocated and approved only certain people saying certain things at certain times.

I was beginning to worry about you.

I say you lack common sense on this particular issue/topic.

And you lack perspective on anything related to Trump.  That's what I say. 

People who ordinarily agree with you are also in your face here.

Ok...and?  That's called life.  Imagine how boring it would be if we were like you and some others here and just spouted the same thing all the time without any thought s to what we were saying.

To most, that would call for a bit of reflection.

Actually to most...that's called independent thought and having a brain.  I don't need some bubble headed sycophant at 9pm on the east coast to tell me what to think and what to say...or some sellout from noon to 3 to tell me how I should feel about a particular issue after listening to him say the exact opposite for 20 years.

I can think...research and come to conclusions all on my own.

You should try it sometime.  It's very liberating.

So...smarten up.

On my worst day on this forum I'm a hell of a lot smarter about stuff than you cupcake...jsut sayin

Offline bilo

I've said a lot with a lot of substance.

Problem is it falls on deaf ears where the Russian fan boi's are concerned.

I've given details...but when it falls on deaf ears... :shrug:

There are other ways to get the point across to Putin without using the word liar.  The statement from DNI Coats that @edpc posted would have been far better than what we saw take place on TV in Helsinki today.

I don't see any point in posting to me anymore. I asked several times and all you post are bumper sticker criticisms.