Author Topic: Bush CIA director says agency leaders should consider resigning over Trump-Putin press conference  (Read 8121 times)

Offline bilo

But as Trump has shown with other world Dictators he won't do that...we already know this.  He'll speak in glowing terms just like he did with Xi of China and Kim of North Korea.

He's doing this at the same time as he's raising tariffs and tightening sanctions. He's giving them a face saving opportunity to negotiate a settlement.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

"I get 150 miles from Northern Virginia and I'm in a whole different world!"  Peter Strzok

Where is it written that the CIA and the NSA cannot be poeticized just like the IRS, FBI, DOJ, EPA, … have been?

That cannot be quoted enough when the DC crowd is discussed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's doing this at the same time as he's raising tariffs and tightening sanctions. He's giving them a face saving opportunity to negotiate a settlement.

So punishing hard working Americans with a direct tax and putting on sanctions that don't mean squat is good foreign policy?

They aren't going to negotiate squat.

China continues to steal our intellectual property to the tune of billions of lost revenue every year...they saber rattle and claim islands that aren't theirs for military purposes and the Norks are continuing to expand their nuke program.

How's that leading to any chance for a settlement?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

@bilo

Trump has no more reason to trust the intelligence agencies than he does the FBI or DOJ IMHO.  I don't trust any of them now!

I'm with you!

All these agencies have been infected with people like Strzok. It is these same people who promote people. I think it's highly likely that they promote like minded statists rather than people who might be more objective.

What exactly have these agencies done to encourage Trump's support?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:58:50 pm by bilo »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

What exactly have these agencies done to encourage Trump's support?

At least they haven't savaged him on twitter.

He just threw his hand picked DNI under the buss as well as his former CIA director turned SecState.

Why should they trust him?

Y'all are to have us to believe that the CIA under Pompeo who gave Trump intel about the Russians can't be trusted...but now that Pompeo is the SecState he's the goods?

:nometalk:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:52:47 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It sounds like Hayden and some of the other higher-ups in Intelligence didn't want Trump in office.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It sounds like Hayden and some of the other higher-ups in Intelligence didn't want Trump in office.

Ahhh yes here comes the conspiracy.

Amazing how people will so willfully believe a conspiracy from within...but not believe their own lying eyes about Russia... **nononono*

Offline bilo

So punishing hard working Americans with a direct tax and putting on sanctions that don't mean squat is good foreign policy?

They aren't going to negotiate squat.

China continues to steal our intellectual property to the tune of billions of lost revenue every year...they saber rattle and claim islands that aren't theirs for military purposes and the Norks are continuing to expand their nuke program.

How's that leading to any chance for a settlement?

I don't want to assume anything, but I'm hoping you realize Trump can't get these leaders to just reverse their policies by telling them he wants them to. The tariffs are being increased step by step. China can stop them at any time by lowering their tariffs and stopping the theft of our intellectual property. North Korea has been a liar and cheat for decades. The sanctions haven't been lifted. What else would you have Trump do?

Offline corbe

I'm reserving judgment until I watch Hannity's one hour special tonight on Uranium One.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What else would you have Trump do?

I sure don't want him @ss kissing America's enemies like he's been doing as of late.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
H/t @edpc

Since taking office, Trump has rearranged advisors and personnel.  The people he had leading up to this, Pompeo, Haspel, and Bolton, were his own personal choices.  Pompeo, as CIA Director, had his eyes opened to who Assange, Wikileaks, and Russian intelligence services were.  Bolton was very vocal about Russian interference and what should happen because of it, prior to becoming national security advisor.  Before 9/11, Haspel was deputy chief of Russian operations in Europe.  She has to be very aware of who and what Putin is, since she had a front row seat to his rise after Yeltsin.  Despite these people being in his close orbit, he pulls this stunt?  Inexplicable.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
At least they haven't savaged him on twitter.

He just threw his hand picked DNI under the buss as well as his former CIA director turned SecState.

Why should they trust him?

Y'all are to have us to believe that the CIA under Pompeo who gave Trump intel about the Russians can't be trusted...but now that Pompeo is the SecState he's the goods?

:nometalk:

@txradioguy

All of them only know what the career staff below them tells them!  I trust Pompeo completely but none of the career people that work for him.  Same is true for ANY of the other agencies in Washington.  Trump has named some good people to run them but the career staff is all still in place and it's damned near impossible to get rid of any of them.

You clearly don't understand how the deep state functions!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:07:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Amazing how people will so willfully believe a conspiracy from within...but not believe their own lying eyes about Russia... **nononono*

Do you realize how comical you appear right now....sprinting around the forum posting like a mad-hatter?   Like Chicken Little?

The point is that our esteemed, politicized CIA and NSA have the capability to forge email addresses, contaminating evidence, etc..
We're supposed to believe Clapper's CIA, McCabe's FBI? Even Rogers' NSA?   All agency directors under Obama.

Secondly, appointing somebody as the head of an agency doesn't mean embedded individuals like Peter Strzok are 'castrated' in being able to ....do what they do/did.   

It is my understanding they cannot be fired 'just like that'.

The Federal alphabet agencies are filled with these people...making up the "Deep State".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

All of them only know what the career staff below them tells them!  I trust Pompeo completely but none of the career people that work for him.  Same is true for ANY of the other agencies in Washington.  Trump has named some good people to run them but the career staff is all still in place and it's damned near impossible to get rid of any of them.

You can't have it both ways.  Either you trust what Pompeo was saying to the President as the DCI or you don't.

He just threw his new "only the best people" person...the current DCI...Gina Haspel under the bus too and she's a career expert on Russia.

The attempted split personality rationalization of this and defense of Putin is sickening.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:10:02 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

You just missed the FBI hearing where we heard about people in the agency opposing Trump.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You just missed the FBI hearing where we heard about people in the agency opposing Trump.

The hatred toward President Trump is so great in some,  clouds the mind erasing all common sense.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope saw that.  Actually started the live thread on that...guess you missed that.   :whistle:

Just mind boggling that people will more readily believe the former head of the KGB than the people of their own country.  Not the political hacks like Comey and Strozk...but the hard working field agents and station chiefs putting their @ss on the line to get the intel that is sent back to Langley.

See it's not just the upper management/political appointees Trump craps on when he does what he did today in Helsinki.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I think they were crapping on Trump.

I still don't see that Trump gave anything to Putin.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You can't have it both ways.  Either you trust what Pompeo was saying to the President as the DCI or you don't.

He just threw his new "only the best people" person...the current DCI...Gina Haspel under the bus too and she's a career expert on Russia.

The attempted split personality rationalization of this and defense of Putin is sickening.

Gina Haspel has been on the job for what two months now?  I think she is great but if you think two months is enough time for her to undo what has been done to that agency since the Clinton presidency you are truly NUTS!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The hatred toward President Trump is so great in some,  clouds the mind erasing all common sense.

And people who have their lips so firmly planted on Trumps posterior have lost common sense too.

Amazing how you show up now...but were completely absent last week when some of us criticizing what was being done to Trump with Strozk and company.

You continually prove a much known point about yourself here and what your motivations are.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gina Haspel has been on the job for what two months now?  I think she is great but if you think two months is enough time for her to undo what has been done to that agency since the Clinton presidency you are truly NUTS!

Either you trust the intel she's giving you in the PDB or you don't.  Because the intel in that brief doesn't go out without her review.

And Trump just made it very clear today he trusts what the former head of the KGB says to him than he does what his his former DCI now the SecState and his current DCI whom he had previously praised to the high heavens as being immensely qualified for the job...tell him is the ground truth.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nope saw that.  Actually started the live thread on that...guess you missed that.   :whistle:

Just mind boggling that people will more readily believe the former head of the KGB than the people of their own country.  Not the political hacks like Comey and Strozk...but the hard working field agents and station chiefs putting their @ss on the line to get the intel that is sent back to Langley.

See it's not just the upper management/political appointees Trump craps on when he does what he did today in Helsinki.

Do you understand that every agency of the federal government has been being filled with subversives since the days of FDR?  Do you have even the most remote clue as to what it's going to take t reverse that?  I think not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Either you trust the intel she's giving you in the PDB or you don't.  Because the intel in that brief doesn't go out without her review.

And Trump just made it very clear today he trusts what the former head of the KGB says to him than he does what his his former DCI now the SecState and his current DCI whom he had previously praised to the high heavens as being immensely qualified for the job...tell him is the ground truth.

I trust that she is giving the president the best information she has but not the people that compile it!  She, probably more than most,  has a good handle on what to believe and what not to but she is not immune to being baffled with BS either!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Do you realize how comical you appear right now....sprinting around the forum posting like a mad-hatter?   Like Chicken Little?

The point is that our esteemed, politicized CIA and NSA have the capability to forge email addresses, contaminating evidence, etc..
We're supposed to believe Clapper's CIA, McCabe's FBI? Even Rogers' NSA?   All agency directors under Obama.

Secondly, appointing somebody as the head of an agency doesn't mean embedded individuals like Peter Strzok are 'castrated' in being able to ....do what they do/did.   

It is my understanding they cannot be fired 'just like that'.

The Federal alphabet agencies are filled with these people...making up the "Deep State".

You know I like it better when you're conspicuously absent from threads I post on...especially when you start sounding like a 9/11 Truther with your deep state tinfoil hat BS.

Sadly that (your silence on what I post) only happens when I defend Trump when he's actually in the right.

Oh well...