Author Topic: The 80s Cat Box, one never knows what I'll dig up ! Music Thread !  (Read 89815 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: The 80s Cat Box, one never knows what I'll dig up ! Music Thread !
« Reply #700 on: January 20, 2020, 09:05:38 am »
700 Posts, I would say that was a pretty good run... looks like it is about time to wrap up the thread now... thanks for those that took time to respond with a share or a comment....

I will leave it with a few songs for farewell.

That's All Folks.mp3
https://mab.to/WBdUerHKa

3 Days Only.... Thanks for having me...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #701 on: January 20, 2020, 10:25:56 am »
Nooo!

80’s music ruled!

I wish I could go back to the 80s.

Oh well. Thank you for all the lovely memories @Sighlass
I really liked this thread.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #702 on: January 20, 2020, 11:01:19 am »
Thanks, @Sighlass !

I wish this could keep going. I missed out on a  lot of 80s music at the time, and have been stuck in the 60s and 70s (not that that is a bad place to be, musically).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #703 on: January 21, 2020, 12:41:35 pm »
@TomSea ... How do I send a thread to the music archive? May be a moderator thing, not sure, but thought I saw at one time the option to do it somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:44:47 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #704 on: January 21, 2020, 01:16:19 pm »
Thanks, @Sighlass !

I wish this could keep going. I missed out on a  lot of 80s music at the time, and have been stuck in the 60s and 70s (not that that is a bad place to be, musically).

I get you @Smokin Joe I missed the end of the 80s from 86 on because of graduate school. Didn’t listen to the radio so much....
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #705 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
@TomSea ... How do I send a thread to the music archive? May be a moderator thing, not sure, but thought I saw at one time the option to do it somewhere.

If  you are unable too, then, I will gladly do it for you if you point out the thread...  @Sighlass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #706 on: January 21, 2020, 10:20:30 pm »
I get you @Smokin Joe I missed the end of the 80s from 86 on because of graduate school. Didn’t listen to the radio so much....
From '82 to 89, from reversals of fortune, time spent on motorcycles and oil rigs in places where options for music were limited or nonexistent, I didn't catch much, either. Radio was nearly nonexistent (remote areas, maybe one station!), and although the County music of that era wasn't bad, I didn't even get to hear a lot of that.

It's nice to catch up, even at this late date.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #707 on: January 21, 2020, 11:18:00 pm »
If  you are unable too, then, I will gladly do it for you if you point out the thread...  @Sighlass

Thanks @TomSea .... This thread is the one in question... I have let it get sorta shabby due to the image host I use slowly timing out my pictures due to them not being viewed over time. I would go back on occasion and renew (view) each page but it gets to be a hassle over time to do that (too many pages).

If someone wants to make another 80s thread ... please do so... I just don't have time to maintain this one like it deserves without it getting ratty looking over time. I wish I had a place where I could host songs longer so the thread wasn't all dead links.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #708 on: January 21, 2020, 11:20:52 pm »
@Sighlass

Sure, someone, me, I'm sure, will take care of it in a few hours.  And maybe start up this other '80s thread, though, to be honest, this one looks okay, maybe I should read it more closely. I will go through it. Thanks for telling us.

It's hard to think you would let a thread get in disrepair, your threads have been very good.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:21:38 pm by TomSea »