Author Topic: Rosenstein not smiling anymore after House Republican’s spotted with his impeachment docs  (Read 1550 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
BPR
Vivek Saxena
July 14, 2018

Two House Republicans are seeking to file impeachment documents against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein as early as Monday, according to Capitol Hill sources who spoke with Politico.

Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, both members of the House Freedom Caucus, take issue with both the deputy attorney general’s poor handling of the Russia investigation and his lack of transparency.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/07/14/rosenstein-not-smiling-anymore-after-house-republicans-spotted-with-his-impeachment-docs-654125

Smiling Smirking little [Nope -- Mod1] looked at Congress in the eye, and he laughed outloud at them. This guy looked at the legislative and judicial branch of the United States Federal Government and said outloud openly with disdain, he said 'F**K You!' While you have to respect that on some level, it sounds like something I would do, but still. Smiling and smirking at Congress is not a good career plan.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:18:46 pm by Mod1 »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Alright. Think about it with me. If Rosenstein gets the boot, and we all know Sessions is an idiot coward who only wants to hide in his closet and count his fingers, does that make Mueller the new AG?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:36:47 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
[/url]

Smiling Smirking little --
looked at Congress in the eye, and he laughed outloud at them.

Seriously?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:19:01 pm by Mod1 »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Mod1

TBR is not a place for bigotry. Don't do it again.

Offline Victoria33

"Sources told the publication that conservatives have been preparing to have Rosenstein impeached for weeks over allegations that he's held up their investigation into FBI agents who some lawmakers say are biased against President Trump."

Thanks to @Mod1 for removing ethnic smear of Rosenstein. According to some here, every person in the FBI hates Trump so they must be all removed.  That is ridiculous - they are doing their job - every person has an attitude about their work, good and bad, but that doesn't mean they are trying to bring down their boss.

Trump would like them all gone, and no one put in their places - he wants to do whatever he wants with no one checking on him, as in Dictator.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, both members of the House Freedom Caucus, take issue with both the deputy attorney general’s poor handling of the Russia investigation and his lack of transparency.

Jordan is wrestling with the idea while Meadows wants to take a close look at his complaint and has a firm grasp on things.  Neither wants to discuss it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump would like them all gone, and no one put in their places - he wants to do whatever he wants with no one checking on him, as in Dictator.

We have direct evidence that people in the FBI at all levels investigating the President despised Trump and discussed making sure he didn't win or was brought down and you have the balls to come in here with that bullshit?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:40:48 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Mesaclone

"Sources told the publication that conservatives have been preparing to have Rosenstein impeached for weeks over allegations that he's held up their investigation into FBI agents who some lawmakers say are biased against President Trump."

Thanks to @Mod1 for removing ethnic smear of Rosenstein. According to some here, every person in the FBI hates Trump so they must be all removed.  That is ridiculous - they are doing their job - every person has an attitude about their work, good and bad, but that doesn't mean they are trying to bring down their boss.

So many fallacies in this...the only thing you got right was condemning the ethnic slur.

No one here thinks "every person in the FBI hates Trump and must be removed"...on the contrary, most in the FBI rank and file likely support Trump. Regardless, no one on this board...nor in politics generally to my knowledge...has made such a broad and ridiculous allegation.

What IS true and what actually IS being claimed on this board and elsewhere is that a cabal of deeply anti-Trump Deep Staters ruled over the senior echelons of that agency and were steering investigations FROM Hillary and the Left while fabricating investigation TOWARDS President Trump. That claim is not only credible, it borders on being a simple statement of fact.

So its not true that Trump wants "them" all gone, he actually wants to clear the Lefty Deep Staters from the Senior ranks so the many honest and decent FBI officers on the ground can do their job without political and/or personal bias tainting their work. As for these Senior scumbags "doing their job", again, the Senior echelon of the FBI was most explicitly FAILING to do its job...and was, in fact, engaged in an effort to use the agency for the nefarious purpose of undermining and...indeed...overthrowing an elected President of the United States. Some might call it a coup de etat and they would not be far off the mark.

What kind of conservative could EVER support such corruption and bias in our most prominent law enforcement agency?

Trump has done NOTHING indicative of dictatorial intention, nor do any of his actions suggest he wants to eliminate oversight. Your assertion is simply a repeating of Far Left talking points which, as usual, have no basis in reality. So my question to you is this...as an alleged conservative...why would you parrot such imbecilic DNC talking points

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:23:18 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline the_doc

...and we all know Sessions is an idiot coward who only wants to hide in his closet and count his fingers...

I don't like Sessions very much, but I submit that he's neither an idiot nor a coward.  He has overseen 5,000 sealed indictments formed per month since November 1 of 2017.  That rate is reportedly 50 times higher than ever before in American history.  (I suspect that Trump's complaints about "Mr. Magoo" are mainly just strategic political theater.) 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Frank Cannon

I owe you one for the DSM jpg.

Out Standing!

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline the_doc

So many fallacies in this...the only thing you got right was condemning the ethnic slur.

No one here thinks "every person in the FBI hates Trump and must be removed"...on the contrary, most in the FBI rank and file likely support Trump. Regardless, no one on this board...nor in politics generally to my knowledge...has made such a broad and ridiculous allegation.

What IS true and what actually IS being claimed on this board and elsewhere is that a cabal of deeply anti-Trump Deep Staters ruled over the senior echelons of that agency and were steering investigations FROM Hillary and the Left while fabricating investigation TOWARDS President Trump. That claim is not only credible, it borders on being a simple statement of fact.

So its not true that Trump wants "them" all gone, he actually wants to clear the Lefty Deep Staters from the Senior ranks so the many honest and decent FBI officers on the ground can do their job without political and/or personal bias tainting their work. As for these Senior scumbags "doing their job", again, the Senior echelon of the FBI was most explicitly FAILING to do its job...and was, in fact, engaged in an effort to use the agency for the nefarious purpose of undermining and...indeed...overthrowing an elected President of the United States. Some might call it a coup de etat and they would not be far off the mark.

What kind of conservative could EVER support such corruption and bias in our most prominent law enforcement agency?

Trump has done NOTHING indicative of dictatorial intention, nor do any of his actions suggest he wants to eliminate oversight. Your assertion is simply a repeating of Far Left talking points which, as usual, have no basis in reality. So my question to you is this...as an alleged conservative...why would you parrot such imbecilic DNC talking points

Excellent summary. 

Offline WilliamVA

Alright. Think about it with me. If Rosenstein gets the boot, and we all know Sessions is an idiot coward who only wants to hide in his closet and count his fingers, does that make Mueller the new AG?

Surely you jest.    NO!   Mueller has no real position in DOJ, re "Independent Council".   Actually there most likely will be an "acting" appointed
by Trump, since stupid....er I mean Sessions is still recused. 

Offline the_doc

Surely you jest.    NO!   Mueller has no real position in DOJ, re "Independent Council".   Actually there most likely will be an "acting" appointed
by Trump, since stupid....er I mean Sessions is still recused.

I suspect that Trump doesn't even care if Sessions remains recused.  It oddly suits his own posture of a "hands-off" President--i.e., more political theater.  A guy way out in Utah is the one who is going to take down both Rosenstein and Mueller.  (Yeah, Huber's a Trump guy, but he's only a DA, not an Assistant/Acting AG, and not a Special Counsel.  Whoever fills in for Rosenstein will be irrelevant, will play a hands-off role in public.)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

:thumbsup:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Impeachment is a difficult and timely process.  With any luck, Rosenstein will resign.  So ... would Sessions appoint someone or would Trump??  Trump appointed the weasel in the first place; who would he replace him with?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

It's not a matter of even people within the FBI hating Trump or trying to derail his efforts and accomplishments.  It's a matter of the people who are in charge of investigating him ARE corrupt!  Rosenstein and Mueller ARE involved in covering for Hillary (Uranium One) and WERE involved in that corruption.

Rosenstein is basically investigating himself and allowing Mueller his partner in crime to to do the investigation.

So ... should we allow these people to continue in the DOJ?  What about accountability and responsibility?  Heck yes Trump wants them gone, and so should anyone who wants to see a legitimate and credible DOJ and FBI!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.