Author Topic: Trump says he feels 'unwelcome' in London due to protests  (Read 881 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he feels 'unwelcome' in London due to protests
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:34:59 pm »
Trump says he feels 'unwelcome' in London due to protests
By Aris Folley - 07/12/18 06:38 PM EDT

Share to Google+

President Trump on Thursday reportedly said he feels “unwelcome” in London due to expected protests during his visit to the United Kingdom.

Earlier on Thursday, Trump said he believes London citizens “like me a lot,” despite reports of multiple planned protests against him, including a protest involving a 20-foot-tall inflatable baby bearing his face that was scheduled to be flown during his visit.

But after being asked about the blimp, Trump reportedly told The Sun newspaper: “I guess when they put out blimps to make me feel unwelcome, no reason for me to go to London.”

London's mayor approved a request from protesters to fly the blimp during Trump's visit near Parliament.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/396796-trump-says-he-feels-unwelcome-in-london-after-being-told-about-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump says he feels 'unwelcome' in London due to protests
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:07:28 pm »
Gee, I wonder why he's not well liked. 

Trump just can't stand it when not everyone fawns all over him.  It upsets his supporters too.

He thinks the people in London love him?  I hate to tell him they don't.  I'd say most people in Europe view him as an ill-mannered brute with zero class.  They are interested in being sucked into his reality tv presidency.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:17:16 pm »
Mr. Trump is not "well-liked" in London because a substantial part of London's population isn't British any more...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:23:15 pm »
Mr. Trump is not "well-liked" in London because a substantial part of London's population isn't British any more...

London died decades ago.

It's Londonistan today.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:30:57 pm »
It's hard for many Americans to feel welcome in Europe. I know I don't.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 11:36:54 pm »
Son has lived there over twenty years.  He said his British friends could not believe Trump won.  They consider him a "dolt" (stupid person).

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:40:37 pm »
The Muslimification of London and much of Europe in general may be part of it, but most of it is that people in that part of the world don't like some "Ugly American" barging into their countries, criticizing them and their leaders and telling them what to do.  To many, he is an obnoxious, rude, crude bully and they don't like it or him.  I don't care if this is all part of his act and this is how he makes deals.  It's just plain wrong.   

I sure hope he behaved himself with the Queen. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 11:52:38 pm »
Ugly?

Old American guy gets crap at Paris airport. You can't come to France without  a Passport!

Yeah? Didn't need one the last time I was here.

Impossible! When was that?

D day, azzhole.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 12:13:34 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 12:15:58 am »
It's hard for many Americans to feel welcome in Europe. I know I don't.

Haven't been to Europe in a number of years, but I felt welcomed in most places.  Back then though, I think my cash was more welcome than I. 

Only part of England I saw was Gatwick Airport for a layover, but I would love to tour the UK.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 11:11:48 am »
Here's an actual photo of the "giant" Trump balloon dominating the London skyline

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 11:24:52 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Looks smaller because the photo was taken from a distance.  A photo taken directly under the balloon might show a more accurate size.

But Ii will agree.  It doesn't look like, say, a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade float.