Author Topic: Tomi Lahren: Conservatives Who Go After Roe “Might as Well Spit on the Constitution”  (Read 12196 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
She can change her mind.  Just as you can with whether to invite someone into your house or not.   Just because you invite someone in for a few minutes does not give them the right forever after to live in your house at your expense.  You can change your mind.

So can a woman. 

What you want to do is to give the man greater rights than the woman, so that he can take over her body and use it for his own purposes, no matter what she wants to do. 

That is ante diluvian.

And what's your way? To tear a human being from limb to limb? Really?  Much more civilized.

:bigsilly:

Online roamer_1

*freedom and liberty of the individual*...that should apply to the baby too!

That's right.
The only way the government can sanction the taking of the right to life is by just cause or due process. In every other case, across the whole of government, it exists to protect that right to life...

Oceander

The female has the freedom and the liberty, yet the male and the child are denied theirs by virtue of this process.
I find it interesting that this would be argued as conservatism.

They are not denied anything of the sort. 

With respect to the man, your argument is with biology, not the law.  It is a simple fact that the woman is the one to whom the fetus attaches, and therefore her interest in controlling her own body which has the most effect.  The man is not being denied any freedom whatsoever that the woman has: he has the freedom to control what happens to his own body just as much as she does.

With respect to the fetus: until it is viable, the woman’s rights are paramount.  That is the result of the need to balance competing interests, and that is the result because otherwise the woman is turned into a slave for the sake of something that cannot exist without being attached to her body. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
But otherwise, she’s just an object to be used by the man, or the government, without any consideration for her individual rights or interests.

Unless it's rape she is a willing partner and if he doesn't use a condom it is up to her to use contraceptives...she knows what the outcome could be....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Makes me want to cry..

The left has clearly won the culture war if conservatives are actually arguing that killing babies has anything to do with liberty.

I have never seen such a bastardization of a term in my entire nearly 70 years.

It's disgusting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

And what's your way? To tear a human being from limb to limb? Really?  Much more civilized.

I am only arguing for the right to the extent the court did: until viability.  You can be as graphic as you want to be but it doesn’t change the fact that you simply wish to turn a woman into a slave for the sake of something that cannot exist without being attached to her.  You don’t have that right.  You don’t have the right to move into someone else’s house and demand that you be fed and clothed, even if you were initially invited in, any more than a previable fetus does. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Define "their own version of Islam."

Having been a pro-life activist for decades, I have never, ever seen anything remotely close to the brutal, despicable behavior and attitudes of the Taliban.

It is the LEFT who want the butchery.  RoevWade made Mengele-like, Taliban-like butchery against women LEGAL.

NO one who opposes butchering babies comes even close to Islamo-Fascism.

It's a ridiculous argument.

:amen:

Oceander

Unless it's rape she is a willing partner and if he doesn't use a condom it is up to her to use contraceptives...she knows what the outcome could be....

Ahh.  So now this little baby of which you are so solicitous is just a “consequence”, a punishment to be visited on naughty girls who don’t keep their knees together before marriage. 

Doesn’t sound like you’re all that concerned about the child after all.  Just about punishing “loose” women.

Online roamer_1

It's disgusting.

That's right.
And it is not conservative.

Offline musiclady

I swear these people have blinders on when it comes to abortion.

They are absolutely CLUELESS..... IGNORANT....... if at this point in history they don't know what is done to babies for the convenience or financial gain of their mothers.

Sickening that anyone can argue for the dismemberment, poisoning, torture and death of innocent babies and twist it to call it "liberty."

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Oceander

That's right.
The only way the government can sanction the taking of the right to life is by just cause or due process. In every other case, across the whole of government, it exists to protect that right to life...

And until the fetus is viable, due process weighs in favor of the woman’s right to determine what happens to her body. 

Online roamer_1

And until the fetus is viable, due process weighs in favor of the woman’s right to determine what happens to her body.

The baby is viable if you leave it alone.

Offline musiclady

That's right.
And it is not conservative.

Not even close.

It is stone, cold, hard left.   It is early 20th century progressivism.  It is bald faced racism.  It is eugenics, and aiming for a 'perfect' society.

It is as far left as any argument ever made.

Oceander

The baby is viable if you leave it alone.

That is speculation, not 100% guaranteed.  And it’s irrelevant. What matters is what it is at the point in time that the woman wants to get rid of it. 

Oceander

Nice to see that old-school theocracy is alive and well.  Maybe we should bring back the veil, too. 

Online roamer_1

Ahh.  So now this little baby of which you are so solicitous is just a “consequence”, a punishment to be visited on naughty girls who don’t keep their knees together before marriage. 

Doesn’t sound like you’re all that concerned about the child after all.  Just about punishing “loose” women.

A PUNISHMENT? Every woman I know who has entered into motherhood does not consider that child a punishment, but rather, a great blessing.

Offline musiclady

Seeing people arguing for the freedom and liberty of the individual is a new thing for you, then.

And what you are doing here is the POLAR OPPOSITE of arguing for freedom and liberty of the individual.

You are taking the truth and distorting it beyond recognition.

Offline GrouchoTex

Why don't you just throw a choke collar around your woman and tie her up in the backyard till you're needing her.   After all, it's the Lord's design that she be good for only two things in this whole damn world.

I tried that, and damned if she didn't chew through the rope and get away!

Seriously, where is this coming from?
Hyperbole much?

Equal rights and equal protection must apply to all or they are meaningless.

Offline musiclady

Nice to see that old-school theocracy is alive and well.  Maybe we should bring back the veil, too.

I see you don't mind making a complete fool of yourself.

But that's what happens when you argue from the hard left as an anti-conservative.

You just look dumb.

Offline musiclady

A PUNISHMENT? Every woman I know who has entered into motherhood does not consider that child a punishment, but rather, a great blessing.

Echoes of Barack Obama.

Radical leftism.

Online roamer_1

That is speculation, not 100% guaranteed.  And it’s irrelevant. What matters is what it is at the point in time that the woman wants to get rid of it.

Viability is never 100% guaranteed. For all we know, YOU are not viable right now.

As to what it is, it is a baby. An wholly unique individual, complete with every trait it is ever going to have.

Offline musiclady

Thanks for admitting that a baby is only human if a woman happens to FEEL like it is.

More leftist distortion.

Offline GrouchoTex

They are not denied anything of the sort. 

With respect to the man, your argument is with biology, not the law.  It is a simple fact that the woman is the one to whom the fetus attaches, and therefore her interest in controlling her own body which has the most effect.  The man is not being denied any freedom whatsoever that the woman has: he has the freedom to control what happens to his own body just as much as she does.

With respect to the fetus: until it is viable, the woman’s rights are paramount.  That is the result of the need to balance competing interests, and that is the result because otherwise the woman is turned into a slave for the sake of something that cannot exist without being attached to her body.

If both consent to have sex with no contraception, then both should have the sames rights/protections/responsibilities as the other.
To have it any other way, would be a violation of equal protection under the law.
If it was a crime (rape, etc) or under false pretenses (saying one can't get pregnant or impregnate one, for whatever reason, failure to take/use agreed contraception, etc), now we're talking legal action.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:01:04 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This debate often veers into this territory here. I'm surprise, tearing another human being from limb to limb is totally avoided, at least by some. Some pro-choicers laud smears upon Christianity, again, talk about some rights and not others. Some pro-choicers really do seem reminiscent of a regime that didn't see some as humans back in the 1930s. Add to that, vulgarly addressing others, I think we now see who the real bigots are, who the real fascists are, despite some picture of Woody Guthrie, everything is this tidy little argument about a Supreme Court decision that is roundly called false. These are the followers of Margaret Sanger, eugenics. All pretty scary stuff.  Total left-wing-ism, showing again, the sacrament of the American left, really is abortion. The Democrats are the home of the Klan and it really continues.

Don't kid yourself.  She kept the baby with the intent of socking it to me over and over for 18 years.  If she had thought it a financially better deal, she would have hacked that baby right on out, he was just a tool for her to get on some sort of Easy Street.  She failed to appreciate I might just fight back and prove I would be the better parent.

And I did it myself.  No attorney.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:58:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

Then why was it treated as a punishment?

I agree that children are not a punishment.  But saying that a woman should not be allowed to abort a previable fetus because she “knew the consequences” is precisely turning the child into a punishment.