Author Topic: Tomi Lahren: Conservatives Who Go After Roe “Might as Well Spit on the Constitution”  (Read 12181 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh for Christs sakes. Don't get hurt falling off your high horse.

Hit a nerve, haven't I.   :smokin:

Offline roamer_1

And at least until it’s viable [...]

The baby is entirely viable all the way along if you leave it alone.

Offline Axeslinger

Never in a million years thought I’d see so many “conservatives” arguing in favor of abortion. 
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline GrouchoTex

Never in a million years thought I’d see so many “conservatives” arguing in favor of abortion.

Ain't it the damnedest thing?

Oceander

The baby is entirely viable all the way along if you leave it alone.

Not necessarily.  And also irrelevant.  What matters is whether it is viable at the point in time in which the woman decides to abort it, not what it might become, if at all, at some later date. 

And wrong as a matter of fact because some fetuses spontaneously abort or miscarry, and some simply fail to thrive and are reabsorbed.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yeah, whatever.  I'd be pissed if somebody exposed my hypocrisy too.  I'd throw all kinds of dirt in the air as well.

How did you "expose my hypocrisy" when you just threw out a word without any explanation of what you deemed hypocritical and why?   

This is a discussion board, and name-calling is not discussion.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Seeing people arguing for the freedom and liberty of the individual is a new thing for you, then.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ain't it the damnedest thing?

Nobody is "in favor" of it.   Some of us just recognize the established right of the woman to carry a pregnancy to term.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Makes me want to cry..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

No, the horse isn’t out of the barn.  Only someone who thinks that women are subservient to men and can be turned into involuntary incubators for nonviable fetuses would take that position.  Her right to change her mind cannot be overborne until the fetus is viable in a meaningful way.

She VOLUNTEERED when she elected to have sex, just like he did.  If he’s willing to take on a lifetime of responsibility and heartbreak, her 9months...that she volunteered for... should not .trump that.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Seeing people arguing for the freedom and liberty of the individual is a new thing for you, then.

:amen:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

The female has the freedom and the liberty, yet the male and the child are denied theirs by virtue of this process.
I find it interesting that this would be argued as conservatism.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

*freedom and liberty of the individual*...that should apply to the baby too!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Human life, Oceander.  Human Life.  Stop being a science-denier.

Look who loves science!  Yeah!  Here's some science for you to learn to love @musiclady :  "Viable Human Life."

Offline GrouchoTex

Exactly, see my post above yours.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The female has the freedom and the liberty, yet the male and the child are denied theirs by virtue of this process.
I find it interesting that this would be argued as conservatism.

Good point
Support the USO

A viable baby ... who no longer needs the womb to live.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the man can convince a court that he would be a better parent than the woman, then he can probably get sole custody and she will be required to pay child support.  It’s already there, so if that’s your only objection, it’s not a valid one.

I did that, In Pro Per.  I had the boy for over nine years.  I had to file for contempt multiple times to get her to pay the Child Support.  Fortunately, she was a supreme eff-up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Why don't you just throw a choke collar around your woman and tie her up in the backyard till you're needing her.   After all, it's the Lord's design that she be good for only two things in this whole damn world.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A viable baby ... who no longer needs the womb to live.

Like someone said earlier..the baby is viable if you leave it alone.

Some here claim it's a baby when you hear a heartbeat...I believe it's a baby upon conception...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why don't you just throw a choke collar around your woman and tie her up in the backyard till you're needing her.   After all, it's the Lord's design that she be good for only two things in this whole damn world.

Or the woman can keep her legs together or try some contraceptives to avoid the pregnancy
Support the USO

Oceander

She VOLUNTEERED when she elected to have sex, just like he did.  If he’s willing to take on a lifetime of responsibility and heartbreak, her 9months...that she volunteered for... should not .trump that.

She can change her mind.  Just as you can with whether to invite someone into your house or not.   Just because you invite someone in for a few minutes does not give them the right forever after to live in your house at your expense.  You can change your mind.

So can a woman. 

What you want to do is to give the man greater rights than the woman, so that he can take over her body and use it for his own purposes, no matter what she wants to do. 

That is ante diluvian. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I did that, In Pro Per.  I had the boy for over nine years.  I had to file for contempt multiple times to get her to pay the Child Support.  Fortunately, she was a supreme eff-up.

This debate often veers into this territory here. I'm surprise, tearing another human being from limb to limb is totally avoided, at least by some. Some pro-choicers laud smears upon Christianity, again, talk about some rights and not others. Some pro-choicers really do seem reminiscent of a regime that didn't see some as humans back in the 1930s. Add to that, vulgarly addressing others, I think we now see who the real bigots are, who the real fascists are, despite some picture of Woody Guthrie, everything is this tidy little argument about a Supreme Court decision that is roundly called false. These are the followers of Margaret Sanger, eugenics. All pretty scary stuff.  Total left-wing-ism, showing again, the sacrament of the American left, really is abortion. The Democrats are the home of the Klan and it really continues.

Oceander

Or the woman can keep her legs together or try some contraceptives to avoid the pregnancy

But otherwise, she’s just an object to be used by the man, or the government, without any consideration for her individual rights or interests.

Oceander

It does.  However, until the fetus is viable in a meaningful sense, the woman’s rights are paramount.  There is always a balancing of competing interests in cases like this. 

Otherwise, you are turning a woman into a slave for the sake of something that cannot exist except as an appendage to her own body.