Author Topic: Tomi Lahren: Conservatives Who Go After Roe “Might as Well Spit on the Constitution”  (Read 12210 times)

Offline goodwithagun

And until that birth takes place, you have stripped an unwilling woman of her humanity and turned her into an incubator gestating someone else’s kid. 

You don’t have any respect for those women; you see them only as things, to be used and controlled for someone else’s desires and goals.

So now the baby can be aborted up to birth? Wow, you devolved quickly.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And there you have it!!!!!.....that's exactly what it is.....I think I am done with this thread...Those proclaiming to be conservatives and support abortion are fooling themselves..you are NOT a conservative.

Again, no one supports abortion.  I personally have written near volumes on how we on the pro-life side have made a dreadful mistake by focusing on the government to end the legality of abortion instead of focusing on the individual souls involved.  We've been vocal, we have stood and quoted Scripture, bumper stickers; we have advised women how to behave---with little room for error and less room for compassion.  We have spent decades of political capital.  And still 50 million babies slipped through our fingers since 1973.  And it makes us heartsick.

I have long pleaded that we come up with a Plan B to actually affect change and render abortion unnecessary and obsolete---regardless of what the law says.

But this is not what the discussion is about.  And this discussion is not about the immorality of 50 millions babies never seeing the light of day. It's not even about how to come up with a Plan B.

This is a discussion on whether or not we are the Constitutional Republic we claim to be.  As Conservatives do we, or do we not, agree that all viable life stands equal before the law?

This is a political discussion on just how deep Conservative Constitutional principles run.

@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:54:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline goodwithagun

Offline for a while. Going to cuddle up and watch TV with hubby. Maybe we’ll have another blob of cells in nine months. :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What you want to do is to force motherhood on women who otherwise do not wish to be mothers. 

Then they shouldn't have sex with a man. 

Period.

End of sentence.

If they do not want to be a mother - they should not engage in the activity that makes babies.

But if they want to play house - and have sex, then the natural consequence BY DESIGN - is pregnancy, which is a human life in the eyes of God.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

Nope.  But that is the necessary implication of the post to which I responded. 

If you feel compelled to simply lie about my position, notwithstanding that i restated it not too long ago, you are pretty desperate. 

Oceander

Then they shouldn't have sex with a man. 

Period.

End of sentence.

If they do not want to be a mother - they should not engage in the activity that makes babies.

But if they want to play house - and have sex, then the natural consequence BY DESIGN - is pregnancy, which is a human life in the eyes of God.

Yeah, because they don’t own their own bodies; those belong to their fathers, or husbands, or the government, but not to them. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I think I read on the Daily Kos that it is legal to abort up to the 15th trimester.

Online roamer_1

As Conservatives do we, or do we not, agree that all viable life stands equal before the law?

@mystery-ak

That hook is disgusting. God, that such evil exists among men.
I am done with this crap.
Myst was right. This is not Conservatism.

Online roamer_1

Offline for a while. Going to cuddle up and watch TV with hubby. Maybe we’ll have another blob of cells in nine months. :silly: :silly: :silly:

GWAG, You ROCK!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's not a hook @roamer_1 it's a legal red line in a woman's pregnancy.

While I understand your religious roots regarding this, and I DO, we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Theocracy.

This means we have the responsibility to do more than argue.  We have the responsibility as citizens and as Christians to directly help save even one life.  Gotta get out there and make a tangible difference.   

How many times have we as conservatives proclaimed "government cannot do it for you".  This is most assuredly true here.

Offline musiclady

And until that birth takes place, you have stripped an unwilling woman of her humanity and turned her into an incubator gestating someone else’s kid. 

You don’t have any respect for those women; you see them only as things, to be used and controlled for someone else’s desires and goals.

My only hope is that you're playing devil's advocate and don't mean a word you've said here.

Now why don't you go cut and paste this leftist propaganda someplace else?

You're not fooling anyone here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

You're right.  There have been many fierce arguments here, but this is the first time I have literally been repulsed by the total disregard for life, for right and wrong, and for the dignity and worth of women.

Time to let this one go before I get physically ill........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

It's not a hook @roamer_1 it's a legal red line in a woman's pregnancy.

@Right_in_Virginia
It is not. It is an arbitrary and moving magic line that ENDS the viability of a baby... As I said earlier, if the child is not viable, the abortion would not be necessary. So save me your damnable reasoning.   

While I understand your religious roots regarding this, and I DO, we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Theocracy.

In fact, my defense has not been one from religion, or we would be speaking of the horror of nearly 70m sacrificed children and the blood curse that lays on this nation. My defense is one from the Constitution, history, and common decency. So away with your fetid 'theocracy' nonsense.

This means we have the responsibility to do more than argue.  We have the responsibility as citizens and as Christians to directly help save even one life.  Gotta get out there and make a tangible difference.   

Bullshit. Government made this legal and government can damn well shut it off.  It is a moronic exercise to try to keep murder legal out of one side of your mouth and then appeal to Christian duty. *nothing* will stop it if it remains legal and defended at the federal level.

How many times have we as conservatives proclaimed "government cannot do it for you".  This is most assuredly true here.

More bullshit. As I said previously, the only exceptions to protecting the very first enumerated right to life government can sanction at ANY level are by Just Cause, or by Due Process. Otherwise, the government of this nation and every respective state and county must necessarily PROTECT LIFE. That is what this government was formed for. To protect rights as endowed by our Creator. NOBODY has the right to end that child's life.

END of Story.

Offline Mod1

And on that note, I think I'll lock this for a little while.  Enough blood has been shed for a day...