Author Topic: Tomi Lahren: Conservatives Who Go After Roe “Might as Well Spit on the Constitution”  (Read 12201 times)

Oceander

If both consent to have sex with no contraception, then both should have the sames rights/protections/responsibilities as the other.
To have it any other way, would be a violation of equal protection under the law.
If it was a crime (rape, etc) or under false pretenses (saying one can't get pregnant or impregnate one, for whatever reason contraception, etc), now we're talking legal action.

And they both do:   They both have the right to decide what happens to their own body before the fetus becomes viable, without interference from the other or from the government.

Online roamer_1

After all, it's the Lord's design that she be good for only two things in this whole damn world.

If that is how you view a natural woman in her natural role, you're a greater misogynist than anyone here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Like someone said earlier..the baby is viable if you leave it alone.

Isn't this the essential question:  Who has the right to tell a sovereign human being what she must or must not do with/to her own body from week 1 to week 24 of a pregnancy? 

The baby is viable if you leave it alone just isn't so funny or cute any more.

If that is how you view a natural woman in her natural role, you're a greater misogynist than anyone here.

Bullshit.

Although after reading some posts from the women, I can see why you're so confused.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And they both do:   They both have the right to decide what happens to their own body before the fetus becomes viable, without interference from the other or from the government.

Agreed! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Unless it's rape she is a willing partner and if he doesn't use a condom it is up to her to use contraceptives...she knows what the outcome could be....

Wait... last night you were saying abortion shouldn't be permitted for just "the claim of rape".  Have you changed your mind?

Oceander

@Right_in_Virginia  is one of the few here who is not being a misogynist. 

Online roamer_1

Offline musiclady

Then why was it treated as a punishment?

I agree that children are not a punishment.  But saying that a woman should not be allowed to abort a previable fetus because she “knew the consequences” is precisely turning the child into a punishment.

What you are missing in all your arguments is that the child is innocent.

Why do you continue to argue that an admitted human life is being taken because allowing it to live is some form of "punishment?"

Your argument makes absolutely no sense in a rational world.

The woman can carry the baby to term and give him/her up for adoption.

Your problem, as with all leftists making these specious arguments, is that you are denying the reality of the pain and suffering of the baby and saying, go ahead and torture it, because being pregnant is an inconvenience to a woman.

You are arguing that the convenience of a woman whose behavior has been irresponsible is more important that the life of a human child.

btw, your argument about veils and such is really so stupid that it shouldn't be addressed, but I just want it on the record once again, that arguing FOR abortion is arguing AGAINST women, and has nothing to do with your twisted view of people of faith.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Oceander

...and viability has, and always will be, an argument.
The last I've noticed, viability is scientifically being skewed closer and closer towards the time conception, dropping from months to weeks.
I'm reading that heartbeats and brain functions are happening in the womb sooner than previously thought.

And now, for a hypothetical:

Could you foresee a day when a pregnant women, wanting to abort, could, in fact, transfer the baby via "Brave New World" to a test tube type situation, whereby the father, who wanted the child, could bring it to term?

As the Shakespeare quote that Huxley borrowed from says "O, brave new world that has such people in't!”
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:12:11 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wish Tomi and the other fake Trump supporters skiddaddle to support Hillary, Evangelicals voted Trump in, no, not everyone did. There were protests or boycotts at Liberty but in the overall scheme, they are the prime reason he is in the White House, at least one of the top 3 reasons. Evangelicals are largely pro-life.  Any reasonable research shows all of this to be so.

Online roamer_1

Isn't this the essential question:  Who has the right to tell a sovereign human being what she must or must not do with/to her own body from week 1 to week 24 of a pregnancy? 

It isn't what she is doing to her own body that is in question. It is what she is doing to her baby. That is the point.

Oceander

What you are missing in all your arguments is that the child is innocent.

Why do you continue to argue that an admitted human life is being taken because allowing it to live is some form of "punishment?"

Your argument makes absolutely no sense in a rational world.

The woman can carry the baby to term and give him/her up for adoption.

Your problem, as with all leftists making these specious arguments, is that you are denying the reality of the pain and suffering of the baby and saying, go ahead and torture it, because being pregnant is an inconvenience to a woman.

You are arguing that the convenience of a woman whose behavior has been irresponsible is more important that the life of a human child.

btw, your argument about veils and such is really so stupid that it shouldn't be addressed, but I just want it on the record once again, that arguing FOR abortion is arguing AGAINST women, and has nothing to do with your twisted view of people of faith.

I’m not the one who said she willingly had sex and she knew the consequences, so she shouldn’t be allowed to abort the result.  Talk of consequences is talk of punishment, plain and simple, and I’m not the one calling a child a punishment. 

Offline musiclady

@Right_in_Virginia  is one of the few here who is not being a misogynist.

NO.

She is the only female here who has no respect for her own gender.

And I'm sure, like you guys here, is completely and willfully ignorant of the facts of abortion, and the harm it does to women.

YOU are the misogynist.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:10:18 pm by TomSea »

Oceander

It isn't what she is doing to her own body that is in question. It is what she is doing to her baby. That is the point.

Until the fetus is viable, her right to control her own body trumps whatever rights the fetus may have.

Offline endicom

As far as viability goes, the same arguments can be made for some of the infirm and aged.

Online roamer_1

Bullshit.

Although after reading some posts from the women, I can see why you're so confused.

I assure you dear, I am not the one who is confused.

Oceander

NO.

She is the only female here who has no respect for her own gender.

And I'm sure, like you guys here, is completely and willfully ignorant of the facts of abortion, and the harm it does to women.

YOU are the misogynist.

Hardly. 

Offline musiclady

I’m not the one who said she willingly had sex and she knew the consequences, so she shouldn’t be allowed to abort the result.  Talk of consequences is talk of punishment, plain and simple, and I’m not the one calling a child a punishment.

More pretzeling, I see.

Consequences are natural results of behavior.  Punishment is imposed by someone else.

They are not even close to being the same thing.

Upgrade your vocabulary, and perhaps you'll start to understand the ignorance of your arguments, Barack.

Sickening that anyone can argue for the dismemberment, poisoning, torture and death of innocent babies and twist it to call it "liberty."

Oh, for heaven's sake calm down @musiclady   You're referencing late term abortion when no one else is.

Offline musiclady

Hardly.

Absolutely.

Ignorant and anti-woman.

If you respected women, you wouldn't be here arguing against the life and health of women as you are.

Oceander

More pretzeling, I see.

Consequences are natural results of behavior.  Punishment is imposed by someone else.

They are not even close to being the same thing.

Upgrade your vocabulary, and perhaps you'll start to understand the ignorance of your arguments, Barack.

Exactly.  The child is being used as punishment by those who deny a woman the right to control her body at any point after the sex act.  It is they who are using the child as an instrument of punishment to punish the woman for not keeping her knees closed. 

Offline musiclady

As far as viability goes, the same arguments can be made for some of the infirm and aged.

The flip side of the Progressive argument we're getting here.

It's the logical next step to ridding the world of non-viable, unwanted human beings.

Useless human beings are not needed in a leftist perfect world.

Oceander

Absolutely.

Ignorant and anti-woman.

If you respected women, you wouldn't be here arguing against the life and health of women as you are.

Hardly.  You don’t know anything about me, you just know that I don’t subscribe to your own religious convictions, and you hate me for that. 

Your patronizing misogyny is breathtaking, particularly considering that you are a woman.