Author Topic: Victor Davis Hanson: Never Trumpers Told Us Trump Would Be Liberal, He Wasn't; No Alternative Agenda  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And it would have been better than Justice Loretta Lynch.

To say Suiter and Breyer were better than Lynch would have been is weak sauce.  I don't want any of those, I want a Scalia or a Thomas.  Half-measures are for losers.  So far, Gorsuch has been good, but I still have to wait and see.  I'm wishy-washy. :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
To say Suiter and Breyer were better than Lynch would have been is weak sauce.  I don't want any of those, I want a Scalia or a Thomas.  Half-measures are for losers.  So far, Gorsuch has been good, but I still have to wait and see.  I'm wishy-washy. :tongue2:

@Cyber Liberty

I'll go so far as to say that I seriously doubt anyone could have made a better choice at that juncture.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I'll go so far as to say that I seriously doubt anyone could have made a better choice at that juncture.

Which juncture?  I'm sorry, but I was a bit vague, and listed more than one....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Which juncture?  I'm sorry, but I was a bit vague, and listed more than one....

At the juncture where Trump picked Gorsuch.  Sorry if I was unclear.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And it would have been better than Justice Loretta Lynch.
.    I ain't sweating it. Gorsuch record has been one of hostility to Chevron deference. Enough of a bell ringer for me to sleep well at night. Chevron allowed the Courts to over ride the actual law by granting regulatory agencies authority to impose their will over that of Congress. I can't see him doing a 180 on that. Chevron deference is no different from pulling out a gun, blowing out the lights, kicking the poker table over and stealing the pot.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
At the juncture where Trump picked Gorsuch.  Sorry if I was unclear.

Then I agree, yes.  Best pick.  'twas I who was unclear.... :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
As time goes on Pres. Trump has leaned more to the right than to the left.  I think it's still too early to make judgement, though it is still very apparent that Congress is filled with RINO's who have tried bigly to impede his progress and success. So far President Trump has surprised me. The mid terms should prove interesting, especially if the GOP loses ... then I fear we may see a whole different side of Trump.  Time will tell of course.

He seems to be more Conservative than President Bush?  But he isn't Conservative.  I appreciate his effort to control immigration.  I even posted a thread on President Trump sticking up for his base.  His base is Americans.  Working ones who believe in him.  I want to, honestly I do, but he needs to stand firm.  Its hard when you have your liberal daughter and son in law as advisors.  I would like to like Trump.  Zero tolerance was good but giving in has led to problems for him.  Latest is judge not giving extra time to join children and parents of illegal immigrants.  EO wasn't winning.  And spending bill wasn't either....

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
He seems to be more Conservative than President Bush?  But he isn't Conservative.  I appreciate his effort to control immigration.  I even posted a thread on President Trump sticking up for his base.  His base is Americans.  Working ones who believe in him.  I want to, honestly I do, but he needs to stand firm.  Its hard when you have your liberal daughter and son in law as advisors.  I would like to like Trump.  Zero tolerance was good but giving in has led to problems for him.  Latest is judge not giving extra time to join children and parents of illegal immigrants.  EO wasn't winning.  And spending bill wasn't either....

Most conservative since Reagan and maybe second most since Coolidge.

And no, I don’t agree with him on trade.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Chosen Daughter

Spending Bill.

Spending Bill was purely political designed to strip blue collar Dems from the Party with DJT's Infrastructure Spending. It put paychecks into pockets. Bought support.

The Trade War Tariffs are planned to grow us out of the debt ot helped create.

Porkulous wasn't right but it had a purpose beyond just GP Govt handouts.

Watch the way the economy grows in the next 2 years. I'm thinking it'll grow it's way out of the debt pit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:44:55 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Honestly Never Trumpers were never wrong.  Trump isn't Conservative.  He isn't even a politician.  He didn't even register to vote until 1987. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/07/donald-trumps-got-a-particularly-strange-voting-history/?utm_term=.41481f5cb386

He has supported a wide range of politicians.  He is as mixed as a alcoholic drink.  There was no way to wage what he would do as president.  And the verdict is still out because he starts to do things and then changes course.  He makes a decision and rescinds the decision.  He says he won't sign, then he signs.........

He's been an immoral character with lots of money, and a character that Evangelicals now own.

A man that doesn't vote, to a man who has an opinion on everything and thinks he should be president.  He is now of course.  But mixed bag of tricks he is.  We can hope that he is the Conservative we need.  I hope he is what we need him to be now.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:49:17 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

The same was said of Dubya... Until his second term

Offline Frank Cannon

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The same was said of Dubya... Until his second term

The never tump types used to crow about dubyas character and heart, the guy folded like a warm tortilla in his second term.

Almost pushed through what would have the biggest amnesty in our history.

Offline skeeter

the guy folded like a warm tortilla in his second term.

Excellent!

Offline roamer_1

The never tump types used to crow about dubyas character and heart, the guy folded like a warm tortilla in his second term.

Almost pushed through what would have the biggest amnesty in our history.

And let's not forget printing more dollars than all the dollars ever made in history before him... a fete unrivaled except in Obama... And some defend him still.