Author Topic: Did you know that every piece of mail you receive is digitally imaged and stored in the cloud?  (Read 1018 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Got a postcard in the mail from the postal service that said I could sign up for a service that would show me my mail online day by day. I found this hard to believe. But it made me curious. I signed up and sure enough they have an image of every piece of mail I get, including junk mail. This is fascinating because with the intrusive nature of our current government with the NSA and other departments, it seems like this would be very valuable to them. They don't need to spy on you to know with whom you are corresponding. They can simply go to the postal website, look up your name and address, and they can physically see what is and has been in your mailbox. Fascinating. There is no such thing as privacy anymore in any thing you do.

I signed up for the service because there is nothing to lose. The images will exist whether I see them or not. The cat is already out of the bag. So why not?

Here is the link if you want to check your mail online.

https://reg.usps.com/login
https://www.usps.com/informeddelivery/

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:34:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Been that way since the late '70's/early '80's....(Zip Code scanners) the public just didn't have access to the "photos".

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-history/images/equipment/1974lettersorters.jpg

https://about.usps.com/news/photos/gallery/hr/043-03076-04-30-03.jpg

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Drago

Do they photo my outgoing mail or just incoming mail? I had no idea they did that. Always thought of my mailbox as personal property. Obviously, I was wrong. My mail seems to be government domain.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Drago

Do they photo my outgoing mail or just incoming mail? I had no idea they did that. Always thought of my mailbox as personal property. Obviously, I was wrong. My mail seems to be government domain.

Mail is mail.  The instant your Outgoing mail hits the first processing center it becomes Incoming mail to somebody else, and is imaged.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

I literally have not received or sent anything of importance through USPS in nearly a decade... certainly not since I have been in this house, which is since '12. I really can't recall the last time I went out to the box - easy a month or more.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Images are only provided for letter-sized mailpieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment

Mail great big letters so they won't be scanned.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Images are only provided for letter-sized mailpieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment

Mail great big letters so they won't be scanned.

Then the passive-aggressive freaks will shred your letter (that you paid extra postage for because it's "oversize").  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

Even mail in a  'plain brown wrapper'?

Offline berdie

@Drago

Actually, your mailbox is the property of the USPS if there is mail in it.  Crazy.