Author Topic: Weird true Amazon Story  (Read 1886 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Weird true Amazon Story
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:32:22 pm »
I ordered a clock on Amazon. The clock was supposed to be delivered on a Friday. I was watching my order status, and soon on Friday it showed the clock as delivered. It said that it was delivered to the front office. OK.

So I went to the front office to pick it up, but the front office was closed. There was a note on the door saying that the office would be closed that day for some unspecified reason. So....where is my clock? I called Amazon and they said that since it was a third party seller, I would have to contact the manufacturer in China. And they gave me an email address. I explained to Amazon that I did not buy the clock from the seller. I bought the clock from Amazon.com. They assured me not to worry. They would make good on a refund no matter what the seller does.

So I sent an email to the seller explaining that I never received the clock. They said that it had been delivered to the front office, and they claimed to have a signature that someone actually signed for the package. No. I told them that this is impossible because the office was closed. There was no one there to sign for anything. I demanded a refund. They balked an asked if I would accept a replacement instead. So I agreed.

I sent the emails to Amazon but they said they already had them and were processing a refund. Good. That will be fine. Then I got another email from someone at the manufacturer asking me if I would accept a refund. I said sure, thinking that this was the refund Amazon was referring to. It was not.

I checked my bank account and Amazon had indeed issued a refund. OK. Case closed. Not so fast. The next day there was another refund for the same amount from the seller. Eek. Like Monopoly I just looked at it as 'bank errs in your favor' and forgot about it. Two days after that a package shows up at my door. It is the clock I ordered. So now, I have a double refund and the clock. Great!

However, the clock I received was the one I ordered, but it was nothing like the way it was advertised and displayed on the Amazon website. In fact it was worthless. It turned out to be a real piece of cheap Chinese junk. It was so bad that even though I got it for free, I still didn't want it. It was garbage. Thought about giving to someone, but didn't want to inflict this thing on anyone. Especially with my name on it. It was that bad.

So, I went to the website and requested a return. Amazon approved the return and gave me a item return code. OK. I returned it in accordance with Amazon return procedures and they promptly gave me a refund for the clock. This would be the third refund on this clock that I received. I used this money to buy a better and more expensive clock which just came a few days ago, and it is wonderful. I enjoy it very much.

Life is weird place. You just never know what is going to happen from one day to the next.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:46:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Weird true Amazon Story
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:25:11 pm »
Why didn't you contact those who gave you the extra refunds so it could be corrected honestly?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:34:52 pm »
Why didn't you contact those who gave you the extra refunds so it could be corrected honestly?

You've never tried to get a refund from an Amazon third-party seller, have you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 08:39:49 pm »

Yes, but some of the duplicate refunds were from Amazon.

Offline darroll

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 08:45:40 pm »
They ripped me off.
Billed me for items that I did not receive.
My complaints were ignored.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 09:09:01 pm »
Yes, but some of the duplicate refunds were from Amazon.

Yeah, that's a bit odd.  You'd think somebody's computer would notify them, wouldn't you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 10:22:52 pm »
Yeah, that's a bit odd.  You'd think somebody's computer would notify them, wouldn't you?
@Cyber Liberty

I have returned only one item to Amazon.  Took the package to UPS store less than 4 miles from me.  Then went straight home.  There was already an email from Amazon recognizing I had mailed it and they credited my account.  I thought it was amazing they did that so fast.  How did the info. go from UPS immediately to Amazon?  Angels?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »
@Suppressed
Everything I did was done honestly. I had nothing to do with any of this. This is an example of corporate departments which do not communicate with each other.  The seller had one department dealing with this which wanted to replace the item, and another department which granted the refund. And neither department was coordinating with Amazon.

Amazon apparently is not sophisticated enough to link a return with a refund. When I returned the item, I fully expected Amazon to discover what happened. I was returning an item which, as far as they know, I never received. And I was ready to pay up and make the situation right. But they don't yet have that level of auditing and it is not my job to fix their system.

Furthermore, for me to get myself involved in this and to try to "fix" the Chinese seller's accounting would be a huge headache for me. There was already a communication problem, and I'm sure they are not going to miss one errant clock that went astray. By pointing out the mistake to the Chinese company, I could cost someone their job. Didn't want to do that.

This time it wound up in my favor. But just as easily, the whole thing could have been the opposite. They could potentially have paid themselves multiple times for the item, and then I would be screwed. Their return system is messed up and I have no desire to try to set them straight. It is none of my business.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:29:56 pm »
It is none of my business.

@240B

You took a lot of words to try to justify keeping something that wasn't yours.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:30:40 pm »

Amazon sent him money that he kept.
+++++++++

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 10:39:21 pm »
@240B

You took a lot of words to try to justify keeping something that wasn't yours.

Ok. I get it. You are the virtuous White Knight in shining armor who wants to make everything right. Reality doesn't work that way. By getting myself involved in this, all it would do make trouble for myself and for all of the people involved in the screw up. Trust me my friend, those people want me to keep my mouth shut and just take what I was given and leave it alone. Trying to 'fix' this would just make a big mess for everyone involved, including me.

I did the right thing. And I saved someone's job. The fact that I benefited from it is just a happy accident. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »
I ordered a clock on Amazon. The clock was supposed to be delivered on a Friday. I was watching my order status, and soon on Friday it showed the clock as delivered. It said that it was delivered to the front office. OK.

So I went to the front office to pick it up, but the front office was closed. There was a note on the door saying that the office would be closed that day for some unspecified reason. So....where is my clock? I called Amazon and they said that since it was a third party seller, I would have to contact the manufacturer in China. And they gave me an email address. I explained to Amazon that I did not buy the clock from the seller. I bought the clock from Amazon.com. They assured me not to worry. They would make good on a refund no matter what the seller does.

So I sent an email to the seller explaining that I never received the clock. They said that it had been delivered to the front office, and they claimed to have a signature that someone actually signed for the package. No. I told them that this is impossible because the office was closed. There was no one there to sign for anything. I demanded a refund. They balked an asked if I would accept a replacement instead. So I agreed.

I sent the emails to Amazon but they said they already had them and were processing a refund. Good. That will be fine. Then I got another email from someone at the manufacturer asking me if I would accept a refund. I said sure, thinking that this was the refund Amazon was referring to. It was not.

I checked my bank account and Amazon had indeed issued a refund. OK. Case closed. Not so fast. The next day there was another refund for the same amount from the seller. Eek. Like Monopoly I just looked at it as 'bank errs in your favor' and forgot about it. Two days after that a package shows up at my door. It is the clock I ordered. So now, I have a double refund and the clock. Great!

However, the clock I received was the one I ordered, but it was nothing like the way it was advertised and displayed on the Amazon website. In fact it was worthless. It turned out to be a real piece of cheap Chinese junk. It was so bad that even though I got it for free, I still didn't want it. It was garbage. Thought about giving to someone, but didn't want to inflict this thing on anyone. Especially with my name on it. It was that bad.

So, I went to the website and requested a return. Amazon approved the return and gave me a item return code. OK. I returned it in accordance with Amazon return procedures and they promptly gave me a refund for the clock. This would be the third refund on this clock that I received. I used this money to buy a better and more expensive clock which just came a few days ago, and it is wonderful. I enjoy it very much.

Life is weird place. You just never know what is going to happen from one day to the next.

Hey Guys! Found a USPS package outside my door today. It came from the clear blue sky. I had no idea at all what it could be. When I opened *GASP* it was the clock. It was another replacement for the clock I returned. Couldn't freakin' believe it!

I checked on my order status on Amazon and the return was processed and the order was finalized a month ago. There is no new activity on this item. It simply fell out of the sky? Now what? I can't return it because according to my account, I never ordered it. What the hell man? What is going on?

I'm starting to get suspicious. Why in the hell does Amazon want me to have this clock so badly, even if they have to give it to me for free? Is the company really this messed up? I'll call them on Monday and try to figure out what this is all about?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 06:45:26 pm »
It's USPS.  They move in mysterious ways. :shrug:

If you don't return the item you didn't order, you will probably be thrown in stocks in the town square.  This is what you get for teasing the Federal gods.

(How you are supposed to return something you didn't order is beyond me.  Amazon isn't about to issue you a return postage label.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 06:57:56 pm »
   Maybe @240B you inadvertently enrolled in the Clock of the Month Club.

Next time you piss me off I'm emailing Amazon about your scam!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 07:28:48 pm »
Without knowing anything and speaking completely blind on this, I have no doubt that when I call Amazon or the manufacturer they will say they have no record of sending me this package.

I can't get rid of this thing. It is the clock version of Talking Tina.
I'm going to have to burn the damn thing to get rid of this evil.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 07:55:33 pm »
Was it one of these Clock Boy Models. 

! No longer available

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 08:01:36 pm »
Was it one of these Clock Boy Models. 

! No longer available

Hey, @240B, post a pic of the ricochet clock for us....
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »
I know from experience it is next to impossible to return money to Amazon or Walmart when they credit it back to you in error.    I tried for nine months to do so.  When I refused to use the credit they sent me a check.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 08:13:11 pm »

$25

Looks great doesn't it. But, when you get it you have to put it together. It comes disassembled.
And the hands of the clock are not what you see here. They are as thin as paper and frequently get stuck on each other.
It is advertised as a 'silent' clock. But in actuality it has a rather loud ticking, which is annoying to me when I'm trying to work or sleep.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 08:23:04 pm »

$25

Looks great doesn't it. But, when you get it you have to put it together. It comes disassembled.
And the hands of the clock are not what you see here. They are as thin as paper and frequently get stuck on each other.
It is advertised as a 'silent' clock. But in actuality it has a rather loud ticking, which is annoying to me when I'm trying to work or sleep.

What a shit clock.  No wonder they shipped you so many, they're trying to free up some space on the floor of the Fulfillment Center.

Did you lose a bet or something?
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 08:28:07 pm »
What a shit clock.  No wonder they shipped you so many, they're trying to free up some space on the floor of the Fulfillment Center.

You are not far off. That thought did cross my mind. That they were discontinuing the item and just sent another one out to anyone who expressed interest in it. Maybe? I'm only saying that the thought did cross my mind.