Author Topic: Women are hard-wired to find well-meaning sexist men MORE attractive because they think they will be  (Read 772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Women are hard-wired to find well-meaning sexist men MORE attractive because they think they will be protected and provided for, finds study

In a study women preferred men who were chivalrous or protective
    Those men were rated more attractive then those who treated women as equals
    Scientists say it may be hard-wired to prefer a mate who is willing to provide
    Even staunch feminists showed the same pattern of attraction

By Sam Blanchard For Mailonline

Published: 09:42 EDT, 2 July 2018 | Updated: 10:16 EDT, 2 July 2018

Women are more attracted to men who are sexist because they think they are more willing to protect them, provide for them and commit to a relationship, scientists say.

Men who are considered to be sexist in a well-meaning way – for example if they are chivalrous or think women need a man to protect them – may be more attractive.

Even though women find these men patronising and can feel undermined by them, they are more likely to want to couple up with them than with men who don't give them special treatment.

Researchers say women may be hard-wired to think the benefits of being with a kind but sexist man outweigh the downsides.

The scientists maintain that, despite romantic and flattering elements of the relationship, even well-meaning sexism reinforces the idea women are inferior.

And even women who consider themselves strong feminists showed the same preferences in the study by British and US researchers.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5908839/Women-hard-wired-meaning-sexist-men-attractive.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The scientists maintain that, despite romantic and flattering elements of the relationship, even well-meaning sexism reinforces the idea women are inferior.

Only to the hyper-self conscious.

Other, better adjusted persons might see 'well meaning sexism' as men acting differently than women because they are different.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They love the "Bad Boys"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Women are far from inferior. Some times I think I would rather be a homosexual, even though that could never happen, because I would much rather deal with men than with women. Men I can deal with and defeat, in deals, in a job, in a competition. Women always wind up kicking my butt.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.