Author Topic: Microsoft and RADWIN Partner to Help Bridge Digital Divide (TV white space)  (Read 1560 times)

Offline endicom

Elearning Inside News
Henry Kronk
July 3, 2018

Excerpt:

Ultra high frequencies (UHF) below 700 MHz, known also as TV white space, is a largely vacant range and has the ability to pass through hills, vegetation, and buildings. It is widely viewed as an effective means to connect rural communities to broadband access.

If TV white space internet providers proliferate, furthermore, it should increase competition and drive down costs in regions dominated by just a handful of ISPs.

More... https://news.elearninginside.com/microsoft-and-radwin-partner-to-help-bridge-digital-divide/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The only thing I really dislike about living in the sticks is poor and expensive internet service.  I would love to see some reasonable alternatives.

Offline endicom

The only thing I really dislike about living in the sticks is poor and expensive internet service.  I would love to see some reasonable alternatives.

I've been wanting something like this.

Long ago, in the days of analog TV, PBS was working with some company to use sideband(?) TV signals to deliver content. That died on the vine but I liked the idea of it.