Author Topic: Trump no longer talks a lot about the stock market. Here’s why (Pravda)  (Read 896 times)

Online corbe

Trump no longer talks a lot about the stock market. Here’s why

By Niv Elis - 07/01/18 07:34 PM EDT

President Trump spent the first year of his presidency singing the praises of the stock market, which rose precipitously in anticipation of GOP tax cuts and business-friendly deregulation.

Nearly seven months into 2018, Trump barely mentions the markets anymore. The S&P still at 2,718.

Even as good economic news continues to make headlines, the stock markets have become volatile. The S&P 500, considered one of the best representations of the U.S. stock market, is hovering at the same level it was in late December and early January.

During his first full year in office, Trump tweeted the phrase “stock market” 46 times, almost once a week.

Since January 26th, when the market topped out at 2,872, and headed into a correction, Trump has only Tweeted about it twice.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/394898-trump-no-longer-talks-a-lot-about-the-stock-market-heres-why
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sure this trade war that Trump is getting us into with the rest of the world has traders on edge.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'm sure this trade war that Trump is getting us into with the rest of the world has traders on edge.

I'm sure this trade war that Trump is getting us into with the rest of the world has been factored into share prices for months.

I worry more about rising interest rates (which likewise are factored into share prices.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sure this trade war that Trump is getting us into with the rest of the world has been factored into share prices for months.

I worry more about rising interest rates (which likewise are factored into share prices.)

Yeah that's going to be a problem thanks to the Fed keeping them artificially low during the Obama years.  That and at some point the whole QE boondoggle will come back to bite us as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!