Author Topic: Booker: Supreme Court Nomination Should Be Halted Because Trump Is ‘Subject of a Criminal Investiga  (Read 698 times)

rangerrebew

Booker: Supreme Court Nomination Should Be Halted Because Trump Is ‘Subject of a Criminal Investigation’

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
June 28, 2018 10:13 pm

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (D.) suggested blocking President Donald Trump's upcoming Supreme Court nomination on Thursday, saying it should be halted because the president is under "criminal investigation."

In the wake of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy's announced retirement, MSNBC's Ari Melber asked Booker how he can take a position on Trump's future nominee without knowing who it is.

"This president is the subject of a criminal investigation," Booker said. "Here you have a president that's making a whole lot of loyalty tests and other things from people."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/booker-supreme-court-nomination-should-be-halted-because-trump-is-subject-of-a-criminal-investigation/

rangerrebew

He really is just another stupid democrat sychophant! :3:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's nonsense. First off, because the DOJ is an executive branch, it is subservient to the chief executive. To directly investigate him would be insubordination. Trump is not "under investigation" because the investigation is under him! Second, the Supreme Court does not preside over these cases. The Chief Justice may preside over an impeachment trial, but that is John Roberts's role. Even a criminal case would not reach SCOTUS until after years of appeals.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Politics aside,  Broker's the stupidest member of the Senate.   Really thick as a post .   Makes even Bob Casey appear erudite.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Politics aside,  Broker's the stupidest member of the Senate.   Really thick as a post .   Makes even Bob Casey appear erudite.

Even as compared to Maxine Waters?

Offline DB

Rep. Hank Johnson holds that title.

You just can't beat this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Offline the_doc

Even as compared to Maxine Waters?

She's not a Senator.  Maybe you're confusing her with Barbara Boxer, a fellow stupid Californian, now retired.

Oceander

She's not a Senator.  Maybe you're confusing her with Barbara Boxer, a fellow stupid Californian, now retired.

You’re right.  My bad.  I was thinking of Congress generally.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Applewood

Allegedly, Booker attended Yale Law School, although I can't be certain he obtained a degree.  If he did, Yale should ask for it back. 

Whatever legal troubles Trump has, he is still the president and he has the  power and the right to nominate a justice for SCOTUS. 

Seems to me, Booker is talking out of his backside again. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What an embarrassment he became.   I remember when Booker had promise of being a rational voice.  Instead he just degenerated into ass-kissing idiocy.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

That's nonsense. First off, because the DOJ is an executive branch, it is subservient to the chief executive. To directly investigate him would be insubordination. Trump is not "under investigation" because the investigation is under him! Second, the Supreme Court does not preside over these cases. The Chief Justice may preside over an impeachment trial, but that is John Roberts's role. Even a criminal case would not reach SCOTUS until after years of appeals.

Let alone under 'criminal investigation', which he's not.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How many times have they said that Trump is not the target of their investigation. (they have said this, even though it is a lie)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nobody is as dumb as Boob. His staff writes him cue cards to remember to breath while he is awake.