Author Topic: A long-duration heat wave is beginning in Washington when it will frequently feel as if it’s 100  (Read 14713 times)

Offline mountaineer

It's around 90 here. I did a little work in the garden for barely a half hour and am completely drenched. It's brutal.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

I hate this town in the summer ... won't see another good hair day until Halloween.   :laugh:
@CatherineofAragon

@Right_in_Virginia

That's a given....I can feel mine kink up when I sweat.

Offline corbe

Texas has 3 more months of this $hit, humidity a little lighter in the hill country than on the gulf coast but being a skinny ol fart the cold bothers me much more.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Was he a food tester at McDonald's.

@Frank Cannon

Nah, he owns a successful business.  His father died of heart disease in his early fifties.  Since that bypass, FIL is in his weight room at four every morning working out. 

Offline Victoria33

Looks lIke a lot of us are going to be under this heat wave.   In my corner of the world, the weather soothsayers originally predicted 90+ degrees till Monday. Now they are saying all next week.  I'm really ticked because I have heart problems.  All last winter I stayed home because being out in the cold for more than a minute would have killed me.  So I was looking forward  to more moderate temperatures in spring and summer. But now it's too hot for me to go out.  Anyway -- everyone under this heat wave:  stay safe.  Even if you don't have health issues, this heat can kill you if you aren't careful.  Stay well hydrated.  Dont overdo.  .

@Applewood
It is 100 here at 3:36 pm central time, and with heat index feels like 109.  Tomorrow will be 101 so it will feel hotter than 109 tomorrow.

Offline corbe

ol Texas Remedy for this excruciating heat:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Nah, he owns a successful business.  His father died of heart disease in his early fifties.  Since that bypass, FIL is in his weight room at four every morning working out.

Well @CatherineofAragon since I have a short week I mowed two of my properties and helped one of my guys lug a new hot water heater into a 3rd floor walk up in 95 degree heat and then washed the station wagon when I got home because it looked slightly dusty........AND I AM STILL ALIVE TO TELL THE TALE!!!!!!!

Offline goodwithagun

It's around 90 here. I did a little work in the garden for barely a half hour and am completely drenched. It's brutal.

We did an our on the Pioneer Trail that we picked up in Follansbee. Yep, dripping in sweat minutes in.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood
It is 100 here at 3:36 pm central time, and with heat index feels like 109.  Tomorrow will be 101 so it will feel hotter than 109 tomorrow.

Ugh!  We are at 91 right now with a heat index of 98  100 is a rarity here, but it has happened. 

I remember once it was over 100.  My brother was out in the garden watering his tomato plants and pulling off dead leaves when he found a bunny trying to nap under one of the plants.  Now rabbits usually run off when they encounter humans, but this poor little thing was just too hot to run away.  My brother arranged the plant over the rabbit to give him shade and let the poor fella go back to sleep. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:08:28 pm by Applewood »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well @CatherineofAragon since I have a short week I mowed two of my properties and helped one of my guys lug a new hot water heater into a 3rd floor walk up in 95 degree heat and then washed the station wagon when I got home because it looked slightly dusty........AND I AM STILL ALIVE TO TELL THE TALE!!!!!!!

You drive a station wagon?  How old are you?

Offline Frank Cannon

You drive a station wagon?  How old are you?

I'm a Gen X'er. We find that stuff ironically cool just like you probably find buck boards and butter churns cool.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm a Gen X'er. We find that stuff ironically cool just like you probably find buck boards and butter churns cool.

LOL.   No, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what a buckboard was if I tripped over one.  But, I know who to go to for information.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL.   No, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what a buckboard was if I tripped over one.  But, I know who to go to for information.

I do too. @corbe seems really old.

Offline corbe

Beautiful Wagon, @Frank Cannon does it have the 455 Rocket under the hood? 
   Looks like someone splurged and got the UNDERCOAT.

Offline RoosGirl

Buckboard

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline corbe

I'm pushing 70 with a short stick but I'm stuck in a time warp and still feel like I'm 50.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hit 100 feels like 104. I just took a nap on the couch with the AC set to 78. I'll have to pay, but it's worth it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Beautiful Wagon, @Frank Cannon does it have the 455 Rocket under the hood? 
   Looks like someone splurged and got the UNDERCOAT.

Mine is exactly like that including the vent shades except mine is a much higher quality with the CB whip antenna on the rear bumper. I pulled the detuned stock 455 out and dropped a high compression 455 out of a '70 98 that was rusty but had 45k miles. I also have dual exhaust, Pertronix electronic ignition and I'm thinking about pulling the Quadrajet this summer and bolting on fuel injection.

Offline Frank Cannon

Online Hoodat

Makes me glad I work in the Gulf.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

Always a nice southeasterly breeze, @Hoodat?

Offline Frank Cannon

Bit of an under achiever, eh?