Author Topic: A long-duration heat wave is beginning in Washington when it will frequently feel as if it’s 100  (Read 14720 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My thermometer goes to at least 150  :whistle:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My thermometer goes to at least 150  :whistle:

Mine does, too, but I've only seen the actual temperature go over 120 (in the shade) a couple of times.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Mine does, too, but I've only seen the actual temperature go over 120 (in the shade) a couple of times.   :shrug:
@Cyber Liberty

Weather extremes: 122? Memories of the hottest day in metro Phoenix
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2015/06/24/phoenix-hottest-day-extreme-weather-arizona/29166901/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:41:51 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:49:36 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Aw, I had to go look up the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit.  134 degrees F.

Offline WingNot

Aw, I had to go look up the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit.  134 degrees F.

Celsius!  Another Canadian evil they tried to foist upon America. That and their metric system! 

Offline Applewood

Celsius!  Another Canadian evil they tried to foist upon America. That and their metric system!

I'm an old lady. I can't convert American standards to metric because my generation never learned how.  Makes me nuts when I get, say, a package of crackers and the serving size is X grams.  What the H is that?    LOL

I guess if I had children or grandchildren, they would be useful for that purpose.

Offline WingNot

I'm an old lady. I can't convert American standards to metric because my generation never learned how.  Makes me nuts when I get, say, a package of crackers and the serving size is X grams.  What the H is that?    LOL

I guess if I had children or grandchildren, they would be useful for that purpose.

Then you Remember when asshat Jimmmah "the Peanut" CArter tried to get us to convert.  Speed limit signs with the Double Nickle posted in big letters and under it the stupid metric number. equivalent! Then  that commie bitch Joan Claybrook the queen of the third tail lamp made car manufactures install Speedometers that only went to 85 MPH and they included speed in Meters!!!

Good God the horror of those days.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then you Remember when asshat Jimmmah "the Peanut" CArter tried to get us to convert.  Speed limit signs with the Double Nickle posted in big letters and under it the stupid metric number. equivalent! Then  that commie bitch Joan Claybrook the queen of the third tail lamp made car manufactures install Speedometers that only went to 85 MPH and they included speed in Meters!!!

Only the countries using the Imperial measurements went to the moon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Anyone who has done drugs or been involved with drugs knows what a gram and kilogram is. All drug dealers and alcoholics know the metric system. Today alcohol is only sold by the liter, except beer.

Offline Frank Cannon

She is a genuine piece of garbage and worse than that, a lawyer. She can burn in hell.

Offline thackney

Only the countries using the Imperial measurements went to the moon.

I thought the Soviet Union went Metric in 1925.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

...and did they land a man on the moon? :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I'm confused.  I know Mensa member Shirley Jackson Lee once asked if the Pathfinder succeeded in taking pictures of the American flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong.    But when did Russia?

Offline thackney

...and did they land a man on the moon? :smokin:

Whoops, my mistake.  Don't know why I didn't remember they canceled before they got there.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm confused.  I know Mensa member Shirley Jackson Lee once asked if the Pathfinder succeeded in taking pictures of the American flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong.    But when did Russia?

Russia once crashed some of the debris they call "a spacecraft" on the moon...
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whoops, my mistake.  Don't know why I didn't remember they canceled before they got there.

Maybe you've been reading Pravda and RT lately? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

That's one of the troubles with liberal Democrats.  They don't believe in American exceptionalism and uniqueness.  Always trying to make the US into Europe.  If the Founding Fathers wanted us to be like Europe, they would have never lfought the Revolutionary War to get us out from under English tyranny.

Unfortunately, Democrats are still trying to make us a part of Europe.  As Cyber pointed out, liquor is mostly measured in metric.  And I'm seeing it more and more on groceries and other products.    Obama always wanted the US to knuckle under to the UN.  If Trump doesn't do anything else right, at least he is making the effort to reverse Obama's efforts to turn us into Euroweenies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

One mile from the ocean in the OC  3:30 pm = 70 F

It is brutal, I tell you. Ocean breeze picks up about this time, to keep it cool.

I have never lived in a house with AC.

I can vouch for that. I would have noticed you at the dinner table. And you would have noticed me. I would be the one with the orange toupee and “Trump is God” tattooed across my chest.

Offline WingNot

Russia once crashed some of the debris they call "a spacecraft" on the moon...

Glad we got that settled!. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
One mile from the ocean in the OC  3:30 pm = 70 F

It is brutal, I tell you. Ocean breeze picks up about this time, to keep it cool.

I have never lived in a house with AC.

No Alternating Current? Does everything run on batteries? Or solar cells?

Offline Victoria33

I got a great deal of satisfaction out of writing good tight code that got the job done and done well. But is fun to drive around Texas City, League City and Bacliff and see the building I built/helped to build.
@jpsb

It is Tuesday, 1:27 pm, 20 miles north of Dallas and it is 100 degrees.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

That is so disparaging to all them Mensonites, alluding that No Count Sheila is a Mensan.