Author Topic: Betty White Turns 97 — and Celebrates with Cake and Poker!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline libertybele

97!!! God Bless Her!  I love her humor and quick wit.  She's amazing @97! Must be the vodka!!!

Betty White Turns 97 — and Celebrates with Cake and Poker!
[/font][/size]

Happy birthday, Betty White!

The television legend turned 97 years old on Thursday and is planning on celebrating in the best (and classiest!) way ever.

“Betty is feeling great,” a rep for White tells PEOPLE. “She has the absolute best sense of humor.”

White is planning on ringing in the big day with a poker night with close friends whom she’s played with for years. And obviously a birthday wouldn’t be complete without cake! There will be plenty of cake to go around, as well, the rep confirms.........

............“Accentuate the positive, not the negative,” she said. “It sounds so trite, but a lot of people will pick out something to complain about, rather than say, ‘Hey, that was great!’ It’s not hard to find great stuff if you look.”

As for eating for longevity, the actress does not limit herself to kale or health foods, but said instead she opts for consuming things she loves, namely vodka and hot dogs, “probably in that order.”

https://people.com/tv/betty-white-97th-birthday-plans-poker/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Betty White Turns 97 — and Celebrates with Cake and Poker!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 11:50:17 am »
Yes, good old lovable Betty White when asked what she thought about Sarah Palin during the 2008 prez election campaign called her a bitch  (to wit "that bitch")  and intimated she'd like to have some horizontal fun with Barack Obama.  Nice, old, lovable Betty White.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:50:50 am by goatprairie »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:27:44 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 12:29:54 pm »
I really don't get the whole hullabaloo around her. I mean, there are plenty of ninetysomething actors still out there, and yeah, Betty's funny, but every year this turns into a national celebration.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:27:19 pm »
I really don't get the whole hullabaloo around her. I mean, there are plenty of ninetysomething actors still out there, and yeah, Betty's funny, but every year this turns into a national celebration.

Last interview I saw with her she remains very quick witted and sharp as a tack.  She's one of the oldest, if not the oldest female comic alive.  Long before it was acceptable, her humor was 'adult' without being too shocking or vulgar and she got away with it. She was the first female to fill that nitch. In addition she is a talented actress in her own way.

She's now 97.  God Bless You Betty White!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 05:07:11 pm »
Last interview I saw with her she remains very quick witted and sharp as a tack.  She's one of the oldest, if not the oldest female comic alive.  Long before it was acceptable, her humor was 'adult' without being too shocking or vulgar and she got away with it. She was the first female to fill that nitch. In addition she is a talented actress in her own way.

She's now 97.  God Bless You Betty White!

I don't really care about her politics.  If I did, I wouldn't have any entertainment at all.  The ones I object to are the screchers all over the media incessantly flouting their politics, their LGBTQ lifestyle and such.  I don't see that kind of behavior all that much in Miss White.  She is a real talent, not like many of today's so-called actors/comedians out there.