Author Topic: ABC, NBC Look to Moderate GOP Senators to Halt Trump SCOTUS Nominee  (Read 534 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

NewsBusters
By Nicholas Fondacaro
June 28, 2018 9:48 PM EDT

With Senate Democrats in the minority and helpless to stop President Trump and Senate Republicans from confirming the next nominee to the Supreme Court, ABC’s World News Tonight and NBC Nightly News spent a portion of Thursday’s broadcasts looking to a few marquee, moderate GOP Senators to block whatever nominee was put forward. They were also worried of red state Democrats who would cross the aisle.

“Republicans are planning to rush-- push through the confirmation process for the President’s Supreme Court nominee and despite their majority in the Senate, a few key Republicans could make a very close confirmation vote,” announced anchor Lester Holt.

NBC congressional correspondent Kasie Hunt appeared shocked Republicans would try to get a nominee confirmed at all and even seemed to suggest they might lose control of the Senate because of it. “Republicans planning to hold a confirmation vote before the midterm elections, refusing Democratic demands for a delay,” she whined. “Even though they could lose control of the Senate in November.”

(more)
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/06/28/abc-nbc-look-moderate-gop-senators-halt-trump-scotus-nominee
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: ABC, NBC Look to Moderate GOP Senators to Halt Trump SCOTUS Nominee
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 03:49:31 am »
Who the hell cares what these Rat pimps have to say about shit. They don't set the news cycle anymore. They are not taken seriously anymore. Their biases are as blatant as any time in their history. This nomination is happening and it will be someone off the list, which the MSM hates each and every one.

Elections have consequences.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 04:37:08 am »
"I won!"

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:54:52 am »
I'm surprised President Trump has not made the SCOTUS nominee dependent on the GOP majority squashing the Mueller investigation. :pondering:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 07:57:37 am »
ABC, NBC Look to Moderate Dem Senators to Help Trump SCOTUS Nominee

I mean, it works both ways, right?

Right?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.