Author Topic: Activists Fear Serial Killer Targeting Trans Women  (Read 3341 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Activists Fear Serial Killer Targeting Trans Women
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:58:52 am »
Activists Fear Serial Killer Targeting Trans Women
Nicole Rojas

Transgender activists fear that a serial killer is behind a series of murders involving three transgender black women in Jacksonville, Florida. Advocates are calling on the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office to improve the way it is handling the transgender shootings.

Four transgender women of color have been shot in Jacksonville since February and only one has survived. Three shootings involving trans women occurred in June.

Celine Walker, a 36-year-old trans woman, was found inside an Extended Stay America hotel room on February 4. On June 1, 38 year old Antash’a English was discovered with a gunshot wound to the abdomen between two abandoned houses before dying at a hospital. The third victim, 24 year old Cathalina Christina James was found at a Quality Inn and Suits on Sunday.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/activists-fear-serial-killer-targeting-trans-women/ar-AAzgwDQ

Sheriff's dept. do not think these are related per the article.

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Activists Fear Serial Killer Targeting Trans Women
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 02:07:24 am »
This just in: The mentally ill fear the mentally ill. More news at 11.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 02:10:55 am »
The third victim, 24 year old Cathalina Christina James was found at a Quality Inn and Suits on Sunday.

It's a Florida thing.  We have one of those at every exit off the interstate, right next door to the Waffle Hose.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 02:15:22 am »

"...Quality Inn and Suits..."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:00 am »
I love the way the adjective "trans" is required for every reference to the "women." If these guys really are women, the adjective should be unnecessary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 02:21:23 am »
I love the way the adjective "trans" is required for every reference to the "women." If these guys really are women, the adjective should be unnecessary.

Don’t you love how the “party of science” has no real basis on science? DNA is DNA. That hasn’t changed.

Also, the word “trans” is the ultimate indicator of this. If you were “born that way” there would be no reason to transition. Look for “trans” to disappear in the near future.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:23:06 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 02:27:29 am »
Don’t you love how the “party of science” has no real basis on science? DNA is DNA. That hasn’t changed.

Maybe we should call them, "Gender Deniers".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:18 am »
Ummm, isn't the point that these people, no matter what their delusions are, are being murdered? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:33:37 am »

Have listened to Psychologists, who say this gender stuff is clearly mental illness.

Like a dog that thinks he is a cat. you still call him a dog, btw.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:33 am »
Ummm, isn't the point that these people, no matter what their delusions are, are being murdered?
Sure of course. It was a big shock to me when I met the fist one, when I started with AA. The guy was smart, wise, helpful to others. He went by "Nadine." About 6'2" and would never really look "feminine."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 11:49:47 am »
Have listened to Psychologists, who say this gender stuff is clearly mental illness.

Like a dog that thinks he is a cat. you still call him a dog, btw.

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? Four. Calling a tail a leg does not make it a leg.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 01:17:09 pm »
I have to wonder whether they were prostitutes, which is a high risk occupation no matter what. We're left to speculate because the writer doesn't bother to describe the circumstances of their deaths, except to say two of them were shot in hotel rooms and another near an abandoned house (the one who survived is believed to have been involved in a domestic dispute and that shooting is unrelated). Oh yes, and that they are "trans" people of color.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 01:49:32 pm »
I have to wonder whether they were prostitutes, which is a high risk occupation no matter what. We're left to speculate because the writer doesn't bother to describe the circumstances of their deaths, except to say two of them were shot in hotel rooms and another near an abandoned house (the one who survived is believed to have been involved in a domestic dispute and that shooting is unrelated). Oh yes, and that they are "trans" people of color.

This is a very quick and brief description of Gender Dysphoria:  from what I have read and studied (and met) they are people who are so damaged at such a fundamental level, and that damage usually occurring in early childhood, that they hate who and what they are.  They become fixated on the idea that if they change something so integral and basic about themselves they can repair the damaged person.  Of course, it doesn't, and in many/most cases it just makes things worse.  I know many of them are funny looking and flamboyant, but I think they deserve our sympathy.  It's a very hard life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 01:52:08 pm »
 :shrug:

I don't believe I know any in real life, however I may have met some in passing. I don't mind treating them as their preferred gender.

If they are being killed, then it should be stopped to the fullest extent of the law. They're human beings like anyone else.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 01:53:52 pm »
This is a very quick and brief description of Gender Dysphoria:  from what I have read and studied (and met) they are people who are so damaged at such a fundamental level, and that damage usually occurring in early childhood, that they hate who and what they are.  They become fixated on the idea that if they change something so integral and basic about themselves they can repair the damaged person.  Of course, it doesn't, and in many/most cases it just makes things worse.  I know many of them are funny looking and flamboyant, but I think they deserve our sympathy.  It's a very hard life.

Agree. But the worst thing we can do is indulge their psychosis, which is what society seems to want to do.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 02:01:07 pm »
Maybe we should call them, "Gender Deniers".

Love it!

Table for one, sir? ...er, madam? ...or is it sir?

Oh, just sit anywhere.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »
If you want to kill serially, it's safest to kill prostitutes. They operate in the dark and people rarely care what happens to them. Any attempt to help them is high-risk with low-success. They frequently return to that lifestyle. Many times, pimps get blamed because they do threaten to kill them frequently.

I worked in a trucker motel in college. We had night ladies working there. One of them worked the front desk and she had a large "boyfriend". She discovered I was a virgin and offered me a freebie on my birthday. I knew saying "no" was a bad idea so I started talking about my girlfriend. That saved me.
You do not interface with the working girls unless you want a beating. If you see them coming towards you, you turn around. If you get seen talking to one, both of you get a beating. That's why they make such easy targets.

Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 02:10:38 pm »
Agree. But the worst thing we can do is indulge their psychosis, which is what society seems to want to do.

No where did I imply that we should.  However, I would think that being killed by a serial killer might be at least slightly worse than someone indulging them.  (And, it's not a psychosis.)

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 02:28:26 pm »
No where did I imply that we should.  However, I would think that being killed by a serial killer might be at least slightly worse than someone indulging them.  (And, it's not a psychosis.)

No where did I imply they should be murdered.

I was making a general comment that they need treatment, which it seems no one thinks is necessary anymore.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 02:38:26 pm »
No where did I imply they should be murdered.

I was making a general comment that they need treatment, which it seems no one thinks is necessary anymore.

"No one"?  Of course they need treatment! 

And, if I wanted to get pi$$y with you, I would point out that you said " the worst thing we can do is indulge their psychosis", and this is a story about them getting killed.

Truce?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:41:24 pm by Sanguine »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 02:44:14 pm »
"No one"?  Of course they need treatment! 

And, if I wanted to get pi$$y with you, I would point out that you said " the worst thing we can do is indulge their psychosis", and this is a story about them getting killed.

Truce?

I didn't think we were arguing but sure.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »
I didn't think we were arguing but sure.

Good, my mistake then.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »
Argument Clinic

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:51:33 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 02:54:05 pm »