Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Insane Political Platform that Won Her a Seat in Congress  (Read 775 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Zero Hedge
by quoth the raven
Wed, 06/27/2018

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been the story of the week, undoubtedly - and there's no doubt she has accomplished something remarkable, ousting 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in New York's 14th congressional district this week. As CNN put it, she "won over voters in the minority-majority district with a ruthlessly efficient grassroots bid, even as Crowley -- the fourth-ranking Democrat in the House -- outraised her by a 10-to-1 margin." She's no doubt the new hero for liberals. But the platform that she ran on and won with is nothing short of insane, and would be a disaster to both New York, and the country - if implemented. I explain my thoughts on why.

(more)
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-27/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-insane-political-platform-won-her-seat-congress
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

She still has to win the general election. She has only won the primary.

Offline dfwgator

Like 10% even bothered to turn out to vote.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

LOL!  Turnabout is fair play.

Let the DEMS feel what it's like...putting up non-vetted candidates who get creamed in general elections.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well – it’s like I mentioned in a different thread, they elected Bill de Blasio twice.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:38:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Don't be shocked if she wins.

Old Sarge

I clicked the link and read it after waiting four minutes for the ads to stop...  :whistle:

A 100% Communist giveaway, wrecking the economy to do it. 

I had to laugh at the thing about "supporting veterans"  - as if ANY LEFTIST does that...

Offline Frank Cannon

Don't be shocked if she wins.

Well of course she is going to win. It's a full tilt Leftist district. NY 14 is part of the Bronx and Queens. It's Hipster Millennial land now. You have to go all the way back to Susan Molinari to find a time when it was briefly GOP. Before that you probably need to go back to LaGuardia.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Worse than Bernie Sanders.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Concerned

The last 4 US House elections in this district went to the Democrat with over 70% of the vote.  I think she's a shoe-in. 

https://ballotpedia.org/New_York%27s_14th_Congressional_District
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.