Author Topic: Televangelist Jim Bakker is now hawking a 'silver gel' he claims can cure 'all venereal diseases' fo  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Suppressed

Sounds like Tammy Fay could have used this......

Cancer is awful.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Image result for holy snake oil
Silver sells, silver sells
It's Snake Oil time in the city
Ring-a-ling, (ring-a-ling) hear them ring (ting-a-ling)
Soon it will be Banking day

Vulnerable seniors, senile seniors
Skinned in sinister style
Cynically laughing, stolen cash amassing
soon it will be judgment day

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The ranges from $25 for four ounces of the gel version, $40 for one 16-ounce bottle of the liquid version, and $175 and $250 for a case each type, respectively

Who needs a 'case' of venereal cream? Either you got it real bad, or you're running a brothel...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The ranges from $25 for four ounces of the gel version, $40 for one 16-ounce bottle of the liquid version, and $175 and $250 for a case each type, respectively

Who needs a 'case' of venereal cream? Either you got it real bad, or you're running a brothel...

Or you really want to turn blue. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He could team up with Pastor Benny Hinn, for a double feature
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

Coital Silver

I believe the original trademark names for the product were NoAssitall and Sulfa Denial.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
! No longer available
! No longer available

Boy! The days of passing the hat in a tent for a couple of hundred dollars are way over now. These dudes are going for 10s of millions these days. "I only need 65 million dollars! Praise the Lord!"

If 'the Lord' gave me 65 million dollars, you can believe I would "Praise the Lord!" too. lol
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:53:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

He could team up with Pastor Benny Hinn, for a double feature

What the hell does Japanese food have to do with this?

Offline thackney

Handing out Christmas gifts?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

What the hell does Japanese food have to do with this?

Benny Hill loved Jap food.

Offline the_doc

Don't laugh.  I personally know a couple of avid Trump supporters that swear by colloidal silver as a "cure-all"... and that coincidentally swear by the veracity and holiness of these televangelists.

I am a NeverTrumper who happens to be patriotic enough to cheer for our POTUS when he does something noble for America--so, please don't lump me with the folks who think Trump can do nothing stupid.  And you certainly can't lump me with the televangelist's groupies, either.  In my opinion, many of them don't belong in any high-profile Christian ministry. 

Having said that I don't blindly trust Trump or the likes of Jim Bakker, let me now say that I have some level-headed medical colleagues who admit that colloidal silver is pretty impressive for several infection problems.   But I do not know any M.D. or D.O. or N.D. who would endorse Bakker's sweeping claims about topical colloidal silver curing all venereal diseases.  Based on what I have read in the available literature, it won't even phase a urinary tract infection. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am a NeverTrumper who happens to be patriotic enough to cheer for our POTUS when he does something noble for America--so, please don't lump me with the folks who think Trump can do nothing stupid.  And you certainly can't lump me with the televangelist's groupies, either.  In my opinion, many of them don't belong in any high-profile Christian ministry. 

Having said that I don't blindly trust Trump or the likes of Jim Bakker, let me now say that I have some level-headed medical colleagues who admit that colloidal silver is pretty impressive for several infection problems.   But I do not know any M.D. or D.O. or N.D. who would endorse Bakker's sweeping claims about topical colloidal silver curing all venereal diseases.  Based on what I have read in the available literature, it won't even phase a urinary tract infection.

Colloidal Silver is dangerous, especially the topical stuff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

Colloidal Silver is dangerous, especially the topical stuff.

The culprits usually blamed for the blue-to-black skin effect (argyria) are organometallic compounds (usually silver-protein compounds) and silver salts (e.g. silver nitrate) that reportedly can appear as contaminants in certain silver colloid production processes. 

Black Like Me was a famous book supposedly written by a white guy who wanted to see what it was like to live in America as a black man.  If I recall correctly, he used topical (? )silver nitrate to turn himself very dark.  (I don't recall hearing whether he was able to reverse the effect!) 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:46:33 am by the_doc »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The culprits usually blamed for the blue-to-black skin effect (argyria) are organometallic compounds (usually silver-protein compounds) and silver salts (e.g. silver nitrate) that reportedly can appear as contaminants in certain silver colloid production processes. 

Black Like Me was a famous book supposedly written by a white guy who wanted to see what it was like to live in America as a black man.  If I recall correctly, he used topical (? )silver nitrate to turn himself very dark.  (I don't recall hearing whether he was able to reverse the effect!)

That was John Howard Griffin, I read the book.  Here's what Wiki has to say about how he did it:
In late 1959, John Howard Griffin went to a friend's house in New Orleans, Louisiana. Once there, under the care of a dermatologist, Griffin underwent a regimen of large oral doses of the anti-vitiligo drug methoxsalen, and spending up to fifteen hours daily under an ultraviolet lamp.[2] When he could pass as an African American, Griffin began a six-week journey in the South. Don Rutledge traveled with him, documenting the experience with photos.[3]
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

That was John Howard Griffin, I read the book.  Here's what Wiki has to say about how he did it:

Thanks for the correction.  I read the book when I was only about 10 years old, nearly sixty years ago!  It would appear that over the years my "memory" simply confabulated the chemistry mechanism.  (Hmmm...Maybe I was influenced in that regard by all of the scares I definitely did hear about argyria--also a very long time ago.)

Offline Frank Cannon

That was John Howard Griffin, I read the book. 

I loved that song he sang back in the day.....

! No longer available

Offline WingNot

I loved that song he sang back in the day.....

! No longer available

That was Merv Griffin..  Right