Author Topic: Laura Ingalls Wilder's name pulled from library award over 'stereotypical attitudes' in her popular  (Read 4512 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry, have to correct this:

There is no known person living today who was born before 1900.

Seems strange doesn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Seems strange doesn't it?

It's a conspiracy. Or the Law.

Back to the topic. Censorship.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

To be fair, that we know about.
True, that. A lady who babysat us kids (and my mother's generation as well) died a few years back. We realized that no one knew when she was born, or how old she was. Some births were not recorded if you go back far enough, and she was 'old' when she babysat mom...who was born well before WWII.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

True, that. A lady who babysat us kids (and my mother's generation as well) died a few years back. We realized that no one knew when she was born, or how old she was. Some births were not recorded if you go back far enough, and she was 'old' when she babysat mom...who was born well before WWII.

That's what I mean, alright... I know an old hillbilly grandmother that does not know how old she is... wasn't born in a hospital, never got a social security number, Hasn't been off the mountain in my whole lifetime... She's older than dirt. Certainly over 100... I ain't saying she is that old, but I can't say that she ain't, either...  :shrug:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

That article is from 2016. She died in 2017.

I believe the oldest now was born in 1903.
Oops. My bad.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oops. My bad.

I think this is him.

Kane Tanaka born 2 January 1903 Living 116 years, 232 days Japan

Online Smokin Joe

I think this is him.

Kane Tanaka born 2 January 1903 Living 116 years, 232 days Japan
I ran across her while looking, too, but then found the other lady.

Women outlive men, as a rule, and the oldest guy is a German, Gustav Gerneth, born in 1905.

My grandmother lived to 101, and my folks are still alive (in their upper 80s).

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I ran across her while looking, too, but then found the other lady.

Women outlive men, as a rule, and the oldest guy is a German, Gustav Gerneth, born in 1905.

My grandmother lived to 101, and my folks are still alive (in their upper 80s).

My mom's side are fairly long-lived. Reaching through the upper 80;s to mid-nineties. My dad's side all reached their 80's.

Online Smokin Joe

My mom's side are fairly long-lived. Reaching through the upper 80;s to mid-nineties. My dad's side all reached their 80's.
Maternal grandfather passed just short of 80, but my paternal grandparents reached 84 (grandad) and 95 (Grandmother).

I was so surprised to make 30, I actually started behaving better....

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maternal grandfather passed just short of 80, but my paternal grandparents reached 84 (grandad) and 95 (Grandmother).

I was so surprised to make 30, I actually started behaving better....

I didn't make it past 19. The Peter Pan Principle. I'll never grow up. But when I hit 35 I took a truckload of my crap to the dump. FWIW, I didn't expect to live past 30.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If you don't mind the language, you may really love this:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Flippin' brilliant.  A rant for the ages.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If you don't mind the language, you may really love this:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The Limey nailed it!  I especially like the part about the real Nazi's flying overhead his Mums house during the battle of Briton.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is what happens when woke goes terribly wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!