Author Topic: Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’  (Read 11829 times)

Offline Suppressed

No ... because this comes from our lazy ass Congress.   The President has met several times with the Republican caucus but it's not up to a president to write the laws.

Or are you demanding an exception for this President?  Or are you suggesting the President just use his pen?   Which avenue would you like this President to take to satisfy you?

I see.

I see that you see no other path.  No wonder.  Yet another false dichotomy.

LexisNexis, "The Legislative Process":
The President can propose a bill, and even send Congress a Presidential message urging its enactment into law, but he cannot introduce it. The President usually sends draft legislation to Congress with a letter or other explanatory material discussing his reasons for submitting the legislation. Sometimes the House will order a Presidential bill and its explanatory material to be printed as an official House Document.

I know, I know...this President is different, and we can't expect him to do his job...all he has to do is tweet and everything's fine...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I see.

I see that you see no other path.  No wonder.  Yet another false dichotomy.

LexisNexis, "The Legislative Process":

I know, I know...this President is different, and we can't expect him to do his job...all he has to do is tweet and everything's fine...

Plus, weren't we told that this President was a master negotiator and 'deal maker' who would be the only one to be able to negotiate with congress the bills we need?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Repelling an invasion is not the same as dealing with someone who unknowingly and unintentionally happens to cross the border.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

But the problem is we are taking it to the other extreme with removing due process. In your analogy, this would be like letting the cops fire on anyone no matter if they are deemed a threat.

That no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law is one of the rights 'granted by our creator' for a reason.
No one takes it to the other extreme other than you.

I made my case about trying to get zero instances of what wrong enforcement of the law will get you.

Where do you get the idea that a policeman is licensed to kill to shoot anyone he chooses?

Now you are just making things up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Plus, weren't we told that this President was a master negotiator and 'deal maker' who would be the only one to be able to negotiate with congress the bills we need?

^^^^^THIS!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

And when he insulted Congress and made enemies, that it was just brilliant negotiating tactics.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
LOL! Point taken... But then, so do I...  :shrug:
Then you are an honorary Cuban, congratulations! You will now have all your wealth confiscated by the Cuban government for the good of all!

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
ISailed wrote:
"The US Constitution protects the citizens of this country.
We did not write it for Mexican citizens."

Absolutely correct.
I'm going to repeat the proposed Constitutional Amendment I posted earlier:
===================
This Constitution is intended to protect those who are citizens of the United States.
Those who are not citizens of the United States shall be accorded such protections only as assigned and determined by the Congress of The United States.

===================
This would limit the protections of the Constitution to citizens only.
Non-citizens would receive whatever portions of such protections and procedures as the Congress would specify.

This would work for me.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Repelling an invasion is not the same as dealing with someone who unknowingly and unintentionally happens to cross the border.

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Quote from: Fishrrman 8link=topic=321728.msg1723890#msg1723890 date=1529965565
ISailed wrote:
"The US Constitution protects the citizens of this country.
We did not write it for Mexican citizens."

Absolutely correct.
I'm going to repeat the proposed Constitutional Amendment I posted earlier:
===================
This Constitution is intended to protect those who are citizens of the United States.
Those who are not citizens of the United States shall be accorded such protections only as assigned and determined by the Congress of The United States.

===================
This would limit the protections of the Constitution to citizens only.
Non-citizens would receive whatever portions of such protections and procedures as the Congress would specify.

This would work for me.

Someone needs to explain this to Fox's resident "legal expert" Judge Napolitano...he seems to be under the impression ANY person who sets foot in the US is automatically entitled to due process under US law.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RedHead

The US Constitution protects the citizens of this country.

We did not write it for Mexican citizens.

Explain how you interpret it otherwise.

Show me where the Constitution says it applies only to U.S. citizens. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Show me where the Constitution says it applies only to U.S. citizens.

Ok.

Section 1, Clause 1, of the Fourteenth Amendment, reads:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Now...your turn to answer the question @IsailedawayfromFR posed to you.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline thackney

Ok.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

- - - - - - - - -

Note the specific language that goes beyond citizen to apply to any person within its jurisdiction.

All the more reason to enforce our border.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Oceander

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

- - - - - - - - -

Note the specific language that goes beyond citizen to apply to any person within its jurisdiction.

You missed the penultimate clause, regarding due process, which isn’t as limited as you state. 

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
We are a nation of laws.  If entering the country illegally is against the law then the Sixth Amendment guarantees them a public trial. 

Only if they are being prosecuted criminally.  If they're simply being returned from whence they came, the Constitution has nothing to do with whether or not they are entitled to a hearing or trial. They can simply be turned around and sent packing.  Due process doesn't apply.  In fact, we've done that pretty consistently for decades for illegals who are observed crossing the border illegally -- they don't get a hearing.

To put it differently, if you trespass onto restricted federal property, you can be removed from that property by force without a trial or hearing of any kind.  It's only if they choose to prosecute you criminally that you get get a trial.  But the right to remove you from that property is not contingent on a criminal prosecution, or even the existence of a criminal statute at all.

One thing to recognize is that if they have no legal right to be in this country, then they aren't being deprived of anything if they're being kicked out. So the Fifth Amendment doesn't apply at all.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:16:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline thackney

You missed the penultimate clause, regarding due process, which isn’t as limited as you state.

Do you mean within its jurisdiction?

How does a state have any authority for any action outside it jurisdiction?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When illegal invaders are stopped at the border trying to make entry into the country the only due process required is to deny their entry and return them to the country they are currently in.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Only if they are being prosecuted criminally.  If they're simply being returned from whence they came, the Constitution has nothing to do with whether or not they are entitled to a hearing or trial. They can simply be turned around and sent packing.  Due process doesn't apply.  In fact, we've done that pretty consistently for decades for illegals who are observed crossing the border illegally -- they don't get a hearing.

To put it differently, if you trespass onto restricted federal property, you can be removed from that property by force without a trial or hearing of any kind.  It's only if they choose to prosecute you criminally that you get get a trial.  But the right to remove you from that property is not contingent on a criminal prosecution, or even the existence of a criminal statute at all.

One thing to recognize is that if they have no legal right to be in this country, then they aren't being deprived of anything if they're being kicked out. So the Fifth Amendment doesn't apply at all.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Should have read your post before I made mine above!  Right on sir!  Absolutely correct in every detail!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:44:59 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amendment XIV
Section 1.

- - - - - - - - -

Exactly.  And thank you for fleshing out my answer for me.

Offline RedHead

Ok.

We're not talking about making them citizens.  We're talking about whether the rule of law applies to foreigners as well as citizens.  It does.

We wrote the Constitution for the United States.  To provide, among other things, the framework for the rule of law and the administration of justice in this country.  Citizen or foreigner, here legally or illegally, people subject to the jurisdiction of the United States all have rights protected by the Constitution.

But let's take your position.  If the Constitution does not apply to illegal aliens then why arrest them and deport them?  Why not just grab them and sell them into slavery on the nearest farm or slaughterhouse?  The company gets cheap labor.  That would certainly serve as a discouragement for future illegal crossings.  Win/win, right?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:45:01 pm by RedHead »

Offline thackney

Exactly.  And thank you for fleshing out my answer for me.

Heck, I thought I was disagreeing with you.

nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

If you throw someone out of the country, are you denying them liberty?  Are they entitled to due process?  Are they within our jurisdiction?

Offline skeeter

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

- - - - - - - - -

Is there is any significance in the fact the writers used the word and instead of the word or in the first sentence, which sets the context for the rest of the paragraph?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We're not talking about making them citizens.  We're talking about whether the rule of law applies to foreigners as well as citizens.  It does.

No we're talking about people who enter this country illegally.

let's be truthful here.  And they do NOT have due process rights.

We wrote the Constitution for the United States.  To provide, among other things, the framework for the rule of law and the administration of justice in this country.  Citizen or foreigner, here legally or illegally, people subject to the jurisdiction of the United States all have rights protected by the Constitution.

That's totally barnyard manure.  More times than I can count the Constitution refers to citizens it says nothing about protecting illegals or foreigners.  People subject to the U.S.  rights as stated under the constitution are U.S. citizens.  There are very limited and very specific "rights" foreigners here legally on vacation or work visa's have...but those are negotiated by the foreign secretaries of the respective nations with the United States Secretary of State.

I don't recall SecState working out an agreement to cover people illegally entering our country with our due process protections like you and I are afforded.

Please point to when that happened.

But let's take your position.  If the Constitution does not apply to illegal aliens then why arrest them and deport them?  Why not just grab them and sell them into slavery on the nearest farm or slaughterhouse?  The company gets cheap labor.  That would certainly serve as a discouragement for future illegal crossings.  Win/win, right?

Nice use of the typical Liberal tactic of taking the reasonable and making it the ridiculous.  Alinsky's Rule #6.

You sound like the femalee sock puppet of one of our other open borders gun grabbers here.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe we're missing what "due process" means in this case.  If the law is that people crossing the border illegally are immediately turned around and sent back across the border, that may be defined as "due process".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Heck, I thought I was disagreeing with you.

nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

If you throw someone out of the country, are you denying them liberty?  Are they entitled to due process?  Are they within our jurisdiction?

What you put in italics applies if the person is

born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,

It doesn't apply to those that enter the country illegally...which is a violation of the long standing immigration laws of our country.

We're not talking about grabbing a citizen off the street and kicking them out.  We're talking about people who in one form or fashion bypass legal ports of entry in to the U.S> and live work and operate within our borders illegally.

The ONLY jurisdiction they fall under is that of CBP and that means they are detained and deported.