Author Topic: Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’  (Read 11851 times)

Offline roamer_1

One enters this country through a US Port of Entry and makes his or her case.

Run the border, get a ticket back home.  Period.

And what of an American citizen caught on the wrong side of the border without papers?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
One enters this country through a US Port of Entry and makes his or her case.

Run the border, get a ticket back home.  Period.

Fair point.
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And what of an American citizen caught on the wrong side of the border without papers?

Midnight Express...
Send him to pound me in the ass mexican prison for being a mule or a dumb ass.  Doesn't mater.

Trump should ban all travel to Mexico.  Cut off the tourist money.  the "waders" dry up
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

Midnight Express...
Send him to pound me in the ass mexican prison for being a mule or a dumb ass.  Doesn't mater.

The reason I ask is that unbeknownst to me, I have drifted over the border into Alberta more than once with no ID or papers of any sort... Didn't know any better... No notice, no sign... So you'd have the US Patrol kick me back to the Mounties, who will arrest me, haul me to their detention, and spend a week on court dates and bullshit... get my papers transferred up who knows how...

Seems like a whole bunch of bullcrap over nothing.

Offline dfwgator

Midnight Express...

Trump should ban all travel to Mexico.  Cut off the tourist money.  the "waders" dry up

And ban the Mexican soccer team from playing their games in the US.

Offline berdie

THAT will get their attention!!!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

But let the NFL play in Estadio Azteca.  Turn about is fair play.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Hoodat

In the past decade, twenty thousand US citizens we're wrongly deported.

This is why some sort of due process is necessary, not to protect illegals, but to protect US citizens.

Here's some due process.  First of all, implement an immigration policy based solely upon merit.  Then give those people due process to have their immigration status expedited.  And then finally, prosecute people who enter this country illegally, and sentence them to prison time before releasing them back to their home country.  They will think twice before doing it again.

The fact that we suck at doing either one of these things shows that due process doesn't mean squat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One US citizen wrongly deported is one too many. We can't and shouldn't sacrifice the liberty and rights of citizens. I believe a great man said something a while back about sacrificing liberty for security.
Taking that logic, you would never allow policemen to carry arms as one innocent citizen might get shot, or forbid the US from ever to go to war with another country because there may be 'friendly fire'.

That logic will kill you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Midnight Express...

I'm not sure that Marine who was merely guilty of making a wrong turn and wound up in a Mexican prison for a month would share your opinion.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Midnight Express...

BTW you get extra credit for paraphrasing one of the best movies ever made.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
One US citizen wrongly deported is one too many. We can't and shouldn't sacrifice the liberty and rights of citizens. I believe a great man said something a while back about sacrificing liberty for security.

Right.  And one innocent person being convicted is one too many.  Problem is, if we insist upon a zero defect mentality, we can't deport or convict anyone.

Online Right_in_Virginia

They do what they do now:  Go to a US Port of Entry, explain your circumstances and you'll be helped.  Or, if you prefer visit the US Embassy in the country you're stuck in.

I don't understand why you're still pushing this nonsense.  The answer remains the same. :shrug:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 04:13:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Taking that logic, you would never allow policemen to carry arms as one innocent citizen might get shot, or forbid the US from ever to go to war with another country because there may be 'friendly fire'.

That logic will kill you.

But the problem is we are taking it to the other extreme with removing due process. In your analogy, this would be like letting the cops fire on anyone no matter if they are deemed a threat.

That no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law is one of the rights 'granted by our creator' for a reason.

Offline thackney

They made a documentary about that.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline RedHead

Asylum should only be if you come from a Communist country,like Cuba.

What about a Syrian Christian?  A political opponent of Maduro in Venezuela?  A Kurd persecuted by Turkey?

Offline roamer_1

They do what they do now:  Go to a US Port of Entry, explain your circumstances and you'll be helped.  Or, if you prefer visit the US Embassy in the country you're stuck in.

I don't understand why you're still pushing this nonsense.  The answer remains the same. :shrug:

That isn't the point @Right_in_Virginia . The point is that I should be afforded due process at the border. A twenty minute verification, versus detention in Canada and jumping through the embassy hoops.

Offline roamer_1

But the problem is we are taking it to the other extreme with removing due process.

[...]

That no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law is one of the rights 'granted by our creator' for a reason.

Absolutely spot-on!

Offline Suppressed

The President is doing everything he can, including campaigning across the country.  If memory serves, he's not a king.   ^-^

@Right_in_Virginia, has he provided a proposal, a bill that he is suggesting?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

The reason I ask is that unbeknownst to me, I have drifted over the border into Alberta more than once with no ID or papers of any sort... Didn't know any better... No notice, no sign... So you'd have the US Patrol kick me back to the Mounties, who will arrest me, haul me to their detention, and spend a week on court dates and bullshit... get my papers transferred up who knows how...

Seems like a whole bunch of bullcrap over nothing.

Jogger accidentally crosses U.S. border from B.C., gets detained for 2 weeks by authorities
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,321464.msg1720660.html#msg1720660
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RedHead

We are a nation of laws.  If entering the country illegally is against the law then the Sixth Amendment guarantees them a public trial.  If the President doesn't want a trial then remove the criminal aspect of illegal entry and then you're left with what are they being deported for?

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia, has he provided a proposal, a bill that he is suggesting?

No ... because this comes from our lazy ass Congress.   The President has met several times with the Republican caucus but it's not up to a president to write the laws.

Or are you demanding an exception for this President?  Or are you suggesting the President just use his pen?   Which avenue would you like this President to take to satisfy you?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not necessarily. But let's say that's so. How do you determine that without due process? A Cuban, showing up at the Texas border... How do you know him from any other without some means of due process?
Well first of all they should know absolutely everything about 1950's cars.

Offline roamer_1

Well first of all they should know absolutely everything about 1950's cars.

LOL! Point taken... But then, so do I...  :shrug:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We are a nation of laws.  If entering the country illegally is against the law then the Sixth Amendment guarantees them a public trial. If the President doesn't want a trial then remove the criminal aspect of illegal entry and then you're left with what are they being deported for?
The US Constitution protects the citizens of this country.

We did not write it for Mexican citizens.

Explain how you interpret it otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:25:45 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington