Author Topic: Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’  (Read 11825 times)

Offline Victoria33

No it's not.  And what you're suggesting is moving into the silly.  Especially since the Army Reserve has no actual combat troops...those got moved th the National Guard thanks to Billy Jeff.  And the call up authority of the Reserves isn't exclusive to times of war.  They can also be called up in times of national emergency. Wouldn't you agree that what's happening at the border is a national emergency? They can also be called up to aid in counter drug operations.  Hell the amount of drugs coming in during this flood of illegals is staggering...call what the MP's would be doing a counter drug op and be done with it.  But at the end of the day...the President can call up the Army Reserve without a declaration of war to aid in domestic situations.

And this is a situation where they are desperately needed.
@txradioguy

I think this is the only answer.  These illegals are coming across the Rio Grand River which must be low now since even women and children have no difficulty crossing it.  Line that river with National Guard units and don't let the illegals set foot on Texas soil.  Don't let them out of the river.  They will have to turn around and get back on Mexico soil.  Others will see that happening and not get in the river.  A wall at those easy places to cross, would help stop that behavior.

Offline Victoria33

But he didn't "take that person down....."
He allied with the Democrats to maintain socialized medicine, 'bankrupting' countless households across the country.
@DCPatriot

He kept Trump from getting what he wanted - that was his goal.  Trump and McCain are of the same kind - "You do that to me and I'll do that to you if I get the chance."  McCain got his chance and did it.  Trump was wrong to debase McCain and McCain was wrong to hit back the way he did.  I knew McCain would not take that and let it go and he didn't.  I didn't know what he would do but I knew he would do something.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You assume illegality. What if the detainee is indeed an American citizen? Or an undocumented natural born citizen? What if there is a legitimate claim for asylum?

All of these may well require representation, and as a matter of course, Miranda rights observe that eventuality.

If they're entering legally, then they have gone through a legitimate port of entry and are obligated to carry documentation of said entry and their identity with them at all times while in the States. 

If they are an American citizen, they entered through the port, and showed proper documentation in order to be able to enter.

If they are an American citizen and didn't go through the port, then they entered illegally and they get arrested and go to jail. 

If they don't have documentation, that is a sign that they entered illegally, citizen or not.

Offline jpsb

@txradioguy

I think this is the only answer.  These illegals are coming across the Rio Grand River which must be low now since even women and children have no difficulty crossing it.  Line that river with National Guard units and don't let the illegals set foot on Texas soil.  Don't let them out of the river.  They will have to turn around and get back on Mexico soil.  Others will see that happening and not get in the river.  A wall at those easy places to cross, would help stop that behavior.

Yes build the wall where a wall makes sense. Where it doesn't use other means.

Offline Suppressed

But he didn't "take that person down....."

He allied with the Democrats to maintain socialized medicine, 'bankrupting' countless households across the country.

But...

If President Trump is such a brilliant negotiator, he must have known that was coming if he'd behave the way he did (i.e., insult Senator McCain).

And despite knowing McCain would sink us, Trump behaved the way he did.

So Trump's need to insult someone is stronger than any care he feels for this country and the American people.

Unless Trump really isn't as good as he claimed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:45:52 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline roamer_1

If they're entering legally, then they have gone through a legitimate port of entry and are obligated to carry documentation of said entry and their identity with them at all times while in the States. 

If they are an American citizen, they entered through the port, and showed proper documentation in order to be able to enter.

If they are an American citizen and didn't go through the port, then they entered illegally and they get arrested and go to jail. 

If they don't have documentation, that is a sign that they entered illegally, citizen or not.

How exactly does that work for a Panamanian waif on the streets, whose mother and grandmother died together in an accident, and whose only other means is her father up in Oregon?

Sure she entered illegally, but that was all she could do. No one contested her natural born citizenship once her father was formally determined... But she had to be in Oregon and meet him directly for that to happen.

I only ask because it is a case I am familiar with.

And all that you've said does little for me when I step over an imaginary line somewhere in the northern Rockies... Then technically, I must go find a port of entry rather than merely stepping back over that imaginary line, or I too have entered illegally... Without papers.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
How exactly does that work for a Panamanian waif on the streets, whose mother and grandmother died together in an accident, and whose only other means is her father up in Oregon?

Sure she entered illegally, but that was all she could do. No one contested her natural born citizenship once her father was formally determined... But she had to be in Oregon and meet him directly for that to happen.

And all that you've said does little for me when I step over an imaginary line somewhere in the northern Rockies... Then technically, I must go find a port of entry rather than merely stepping back over that imaginary line, or I too have entered illegally... Without papers.

Also, these people aren't being caught physically crossing the border, they just happen to be in the country and suspected of being here illegally. If they are a mile in, how do you know they are illegal, a hiker, or a vagrant?

Offline jpsb

But...

If President Trump is such a brilliant negotiator, he must have known that was coming if he'd behave the way he did (i.e., insult Senator McCain).

And despite knowing McCain would sink us, Trump behaved the way he did.

So Trump's need to insult someone is stronger than any care he feels for this country and the American people.

Unless Trump really isn't as good as he claimed.

McCain was going to vote the way he did no matter what. McCain is an ass and always we be.

Offline roamer_1

Also, these people aren't being caught physically crossing the border, they just happen to be in the country and suspected of being here illegally. If they are a mile in, how do you know they are illegal, a hiker, or a vagrant?

That's all right - or a felon as we had opined before.... That is why you cannot do away with due process.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

What do you mean that's all she can do?  How about going to the American embassy in Panama and going through the process legally?  Seriously, you think it makes more sense to travel to Mexico, enter illegally and hope all the legal issues sort of work out magically?

Offline roamer_1

What do you mean that's all she can do?  How about going to the American embassy in Panama and going through the process legally?  Seriously, you think it makes more sense to travel to Mexico, enter illegally and hope all the legal issues sort of work out magically?

Going through the embassy means nothing until she actually can prove her sire. And she had no money to buy advocacy with. So, she had to do it the hard way.

My BIL's niece (hence my niece) is going through the same sort of thing. Her daddy made sure she was dual citizen (down in Costa Rica) so she could claim her rightful American heritage through him before he died...  It has been a terrible and winding four-year slog for her regardless... One she could not even attempt without my BIL's sponsorship.

She is here, and when her citizenship is finally through, she will bring up her son (who she hasn't seen in those four long years), who is also by right, an American.

You make it sound like a piece of cake, but even if you have a legitimate claim, it is a hard row to hoe. For someone without income, the cost prohibits any movement forward.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Going through the embassy means nothing until she actually can prove her sire. And she had no money to buy advocacy with. So, she had to do it the hard way.

My BIL's niece (hence my niece) is going through the same sort of thing. Her daddy made sure she was dual citizen (down in Costa Rica) so she could claim her rightful American heritage through him before he died...  It has been a terrible and winding four-year slog for her regardless... One she could not even attempt without my BIL's sponsorship.

She is here, and when her citizenship is finally through, she will bring up her son (who she hasn't seen in those four long years), who is also by right, an American.

You make it sound like a piece of cake, but even if you have a legitimate claim, it is a hard row to hoe. For someone without income, the cost prohibits any movement forward.

No, I don't make it sound like a piece of cake; I hate dealing with the bureaucracy.  Sorry, she should have done it legally.  Her parents should have taken care of it so she wouldn't have had to. 

Offline roamer_1

No, I don't make it sound like a piece of cake; I hate dealing with the bureaucracy.  Sorry, she should have done it legally.  Her parents should have taken care of it so she wouldn't have had to.

I know, and you're right about that. But her mother's death was unexpected, along with her grandmother... leaving her out on the street. so there ya go... what now?

IMHO, she was exceedingly bright and exceedingly inventive to get to her dad, even if it was illegal, and especially for a child...

That little gal has a whole lot of sand.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:45:35 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline thackney

What law did that citizen break?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer