Author Topic: Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’  (Read 11822 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’
The Hill, Jun 24, 2018, Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump on Sunday called for undocumented immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. to be sent “back from where they came” without going through the judicial process in deportation cases.

“When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order,” Trump tweeted.

He added that the U.S.’s immigration policy is “very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years” and “must be based on merit.”

Trump's call to eliminate due process from deportation cases is likely to draw fire from critics and immigration advocates.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393850-trump-we-must-immediately-return-undocumented-immigrants-with-no

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Agree.  You don't get to stay in a nice furnished proviso with meals paid for by taxpayers before while awaiting an appearance before a judge most anywhere else on the planet.

You get caught violating their terms of immigration or visas, you find yourself arrested and deported to a forsaken island or place where you've to find your own way home.  Happened to a colleague of mine who got caught at immigration with religious magazines in his luggage in Hyderabad India a few years ago.  Arrested.  Jailed.  Charged and fined.  Deported after paying the fine to Sri Lanka.  A very expensive and frightening experience for him.

But.... he did not listen to advice not to have anything that would identify him as a Christian in his possession.

Sneak into any of the nations that are dumping their refuse into our country?  LOOOOOONNNNG prison terms, fines and hellish conditions without recourse.

I say we reciprocate in kind to lawbreakers sneaking into this country.

Or we will not have a country much longer - if indeed the millions already flooding us do not repeat what the Barbarians did to Rome.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

Here are the tweets ..

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents...

8:02 AM - 24 Jun 2018

....Our Immigration policy, laughed at all over the world, is very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years! Immigration must be based on merit - we need people who will help to Make America Great Again!

8:08 AM - 24 Jun 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1010900865602019329?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1010902506422046721

Offline dfwgator

@libertybele .... The President continues to fight!

You mean he continues to Tweet.  What is actually being done?

Offline Axeslinger

I disagree with this criticism @dfwgator .   The tweet is the modern day equivalent of using the bully pulpit.  Ultimately he can only “do” what Congress puts on his desk to sign (and very narrowly focused EOs)...an area they have been woefully inadequate.  He has tried to set the agenda but Congress sucks.  Everyone here knows I am NO fan of Trump, and I hate when he puts his foot in his mouth via tweet and sets the agenda backwards...but i don’t think criticizing him for what he’s “done” is entirely viable.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Right_in_Virginia

The President is doing everything he can, including campaigning across the country.  If memory serves, he's not a king.   ^-^

Online libertybele

I certainly understand where you're coming from, but I cannot think of any recent president that has been so vocal AGAINST ILLEGAL immigration into this country.  The issue is certainly front and center; deportations are up and arrests are up.  A wall would certainly help, but so far Congress has failed to give him the funds to erect a wall. Keep in mind that the president is 1 person and we have 536 members of Congress that need to get up off their butts and help him!  Congress is filled with RINO's and liberals.  My suggestion to those criticizing right now, to contact their senators and reps and tell them they need to help this president with a zero tolerance for illegal immigration and build the wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday morning that the U.S. “Cannot accept all of the people trying to break into our Country” and called for migrants to be "immediately" deported without a trial.

“When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came,” he said. His tweet did not mention people coming to the U.S. to seek asylum, which is legal to do.

"Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order," he said, adding in another tweet that legal entry to the country should be based on “merit.”

Immigration advocates pushed back on the comments. “What President Trump has suggested here is both illegal and unconstitutional. Any official who has sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution and laws should disavow it unequivocally,” said Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project.

https://nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-calls-deporting-migrants-immediately-without-trial-n886141
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

So cynical @dfwgator .  I think he's doing all he can at this point in time.  Contrary to some opinions here, he is not a dictator and even he realizes that he cannot accomplish his goals without support from Congress. 

That's why he wants to put off the vote until after the elections and we should all pray that we get some conservative Senators elected.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In the past decade, twenty thousand US citizens we're wrongly deported.

This is why some sort of due process is necessary, not to protect illegals, but to protect US citizens.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-us-keeps-mistakenly-deporting-its-own-citizens

Online libertybele

This is why some sort of due process is necessary, not to protect illegals, but to protect US citizens.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-us-keeps-mistakenly-deporting-its-own-citizens

20,000 in ten years, vs. 12.5 MILLION illegals!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Due process could be done by either constructing a wall, the gentlest way to do it, by just sending them back this way(effectively a wall)or by bullets.  All are justifiable when one protects one's home from invaders.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

20,000 in ten years, vs. 12.5 MILLION illegals!!!

One US citizen wrongly deported is one too many. We can't and shouldn't sacrifice the liberty and rights of citizens. I believe a great man said something a while back about sacrificing liberty for security.

Offline ABX

Due process could be done by either constructing a wall, the gentlest way to do it, by just sending them back this way(effectively a wall)or by bullets.  All are justifiable when one protects one's home from invaders.

As long as there are magnets attracting them here, a wall or even bullets won't change anything. The welfare system needs to be cut off to make a difference.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
One US citizen wrongly deported is one too many. We can't and shouldn't sacrifice the liberty and rights of citizens. I believe a great man said something a while back about sacrificing liberty for security.

I saw Born in East L.A. .
It was a travesty to send him wrongfully to tacotown.

Immigration officer : Where were you born?

Rudy : What?

Immigration officer : Read my lips, El Paco. Where were you born?

Rudy : I was born in East L.A., man.

Immigration officer : Sure, sure. If you were born in East L.A., then who's the president of the United States?

Rudy : I-I don't know, that guy, that guy who was on T.V., the guy in the cowboy hat... he used to be on "Death Valley Days"... uh, John Wayne!

Immigration officer : Get him out of here.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Obama was in charge, most of that decade. Not Trump, who I trust will vow to do a better job of presering the rights and dignity of citizens.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

That's right. And to determine asylum where warranted. That process affording due process is horribly broken. But Tump is straight out wrong to say it should be eliminated.

Fix it.

Offline ABX

Obama was in charge, most of that decade. Not Trump, who I trust will vow to do a better job of presering the rights and dignity of citizens.

He just called for eliminating due process. I would love to know the mechanism that would protect the rights of citizens without that.

In others words, he is taking Obama's mistakes and compounding them.

Offline dfwgator

That's right. And to determine asylum where warranted. That process affording due process is horribly broken. But Tump is straight out wrong to say it should be eliminated.

Fix it.

Asylum should only be if you come from a Communist country,like Cuba.

Online roamer_1

Asylum should only be if you come from a Communist country,like Cuba.

Not necessarily. But let's say that's so. How do you determine that without due process? A Cuban, showing up at the Texas border... How do you know him from any other without some means of due process?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did y'all read the story?  The guy was born in Mexico, had no American birth certificate, and probably did not have any documentation to show that he is considered an American citizen.  It looks like maybe his grandfather conferred citizenship on his daughter/Palma's mother and Palma may have inherited that.  Not sure that actually works without a slick immigration lawyer.

But on January 5 of this year, Palma was released after the government acknowledged that he was actually a US citizen. Though he legally entered the country from Mexico at the age of six, Palma is a citizen through his maternal grandfather, who was born in the US and lived there for many years. By law Immigration and Customs Enforcement cannot detain or deport American citizens.

Don't be so quick to assume that the problem is on our side.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:25:25 pm by Sanguine »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Not necessarily. But let's say that's so. How do you determine that without due process?

One enters this country through a US Port of Entry and makes his or her case.

Run the border, get a ticket back home.  Period.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh, and I should have included this bit:

"Unless you have an unusually thorough immigration judge, which is very rare, or an attorney, you can be a US citizen and not even know you're a US citizen, and abandon claims to be in the United States," said Stevens, who is completing a book about the deportation of citizens. She spoke with Lorenzo while he was in detention, obtained his files from the government and helped his family get documentation to prove his citizenship. She then contacted attorney Andrew Free, who defended Palma in immigration court to have his case terminated on the grounds that he is a citizen.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
Trump: We must ‘immediately’ return undocumented immigrants ‘with no judges or court cases’

I can see this policy implemented for fresh-across-the-border jumpers apprehended within, say, ten miles of the border. Just put them on a bus and drop them off "at the line". Although it might be hard to get 'em to "cross that divide".

And what do we do if Mexico puts soldiers on the other side?
(Well, I know what we SHOULD do -- blow a few holes in their presidential palace -- and then they'll change their tune)

Might be a little harder with apprehensions of illegals who have been here a while, and have no criminal convictions other than the fact they entered illegally.

Ultimately it boils down to how the Constitution is to be interpreted regarding the handling of non-citizens who have entered illegally.
Do they get "the full due process" entitled to citizens?
Seems to me there are prior court decisions that support this (but I could be wrong).

What we DO need is a Constitutional Amendment (yeah, there he goes again, you're thinking) to wit:
=======
This Constitution is intended to protect those who are citizens of the United States.
Those who are not citizens of the United States shall be accorded such protections only as assigned and determined by the Congress of The United States.

=======
How's that?