Author Topic: Glenn Beck’s Media Empire Implodes. Again.  (Read 1298 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Glenn Beck’s Media Empire Implodes. Again.
« on: June 23, 2018, 05:12:24 pm »
Glenn Beck’s Media Empire Implodes. Again.
The conservative mogul’s business woes continue via another round of layoffs and the death of a sale to the billionaires backing fellow right-wing media giant Ben Shapiro.
Lloyd Grove
Maxwell Tani
06.22.18 8:54 PM ET

https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-becks-media-empire-implodes-again
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Glenn Beck’s Media Empire Implodes. Again.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 05:53:43 pm »
Apparently the parent co. of Daily Wire, Ben Shapiro's owner co. passed on buying Beck's The Blaze

BTW Spapiro is counted among the IDW (Intellectual Dark Web unofficial members)

Joe Rogan, Shapiro,  Dave Rubin(all IDW members, are based in Lost Angeles. (The article mentioned Beck had planned to move to LA.

My overall favorite "Podcaster" is Victor Davis Hanson (Stanford, Hoover, Heritage, Hillsdale, etc).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 08:32:43 pm »
Glenn isn't a good long-term prospect.  People get tired of the lecturing pretty quickly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 08:40:11 pm »
The Daily Beast isn't exactly a reliable source, either.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 10:01:27 pm »
The Daily Beast isn't exactly a reliable source, either.

I lol'd!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 01:48:19 am »
Glenn isn't a good long-term prospect.  People get tired of the lecturing pretty quickly.

And crying

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 11:00:21 am »
and Candidate worship
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 12:46:31 pm »

And crying

@berdie

Yes.  His emotionalism drives me nuts. 

From what I’ve read, Glenn is an idiot with money.  He has huge unused hangar-sized buildings at his Texas place.  And during layoffs at the Blaze, he bought a $200K car called a Maybach (never heard of it) to add to his FLEET of cars.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 12:53:30 pm »
I see this as a disaster actually. Is the liberal MSM and fake news reporting winning?  They got rid of O'Reilly, now Beck?  What's left of conservative talk radio/TV shows? Limbaugh and Hannity?  I actually thought that Beck was the conservative voice with some analytical thinking using Christian values.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 01:00:02 pm »
"Again" implies it ever recovered from the previous one. This is just a slow collapse.

The one thing I do worry about is the chilling effect this may have on other media competitors. Beck may be held up as an example of why you can't take on the liberal media.

The problem Beck has, and it's one that he probably won't be able to recover from having, is that he has admitted a couple of times that his entire belief system is mostly an act. He picks and chooses based on what he think the market is going to be. (Remember when he tried to go libertarian?) Nobody really wants a guy who's telling them what he thinks they want to hear, without believing it. Then, to hire Tomi Lahren when she outed herself as doing the same thing, except with a prettier face to get her hired, then fire her... it just looks foolish and hypocritical.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 01:03:05 pm »
I see this as a disaster actually. Is the liberal MSM and fake news reporting winning?  They got rid of O'Reilly, now Beck?  What's left of conservative talk radio/TV shows? Limbaugh and Hannity?  I actually thought that Beck was the conservative voice with some analytical thinking using Christian values.
They can't really get rid of Beck, though. He's self-employed. If he truly wanted to, he could turn on a webcam and microphone and keep doing what he's doing.

If he has 50 employees (comparable to that of a local TV station with a news bureau), that means he has to have cash flow in the millions of dollars... for a network centered around one person, that should be sustainable.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 01:12:19 pm »
A conservative radio host in Pittsburgh, Jim Quinn, lost his show a few years ago when Tom Daschle's son gained some power at the station. Despite good ratings, the show was cancelled abruptly. Jim is podcasting now from his home to subscribers paying $5 per month. I don't know what his numbers are, though (I'm not a subscriber because I just don't have time to listen).

Beck must have spent a fortune on his historic museum pieces, not to mention the ranch, the cars, etc.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 08:09:05 pm »
Glenn Beck Walks Off CNN Interview After Stelter Brings Up Report on TheBlaze Layoffs: ‘Have a Nice Day’

“Wow. Brian, thanks a lot,” Beck said, starting to take his mic off. “I think that’s the most ridiculous question I’ve ever heard. I’m sitting here ready to talk to you about the detaining of children and parents and trying to break families apart, something that has been happening with Janet Reno!… We want to stop it and you want to play those games? You have a nice day.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-beck-walks-off-cnn-interview-after-stelter-brings-up-report-on-theblaze-layoffs-have-a-nice-day/

Video at link.  I hadn't seen him since his days on FOX.  At first, I thought it was a KFC spoof commercial.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »
I wonder how much more gold or survivalist food stuff is Glenn going to pitch??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 08:22:12 pm »
I wonder how much more gold or survivalist food stuff is Glenn going to pitch??

I think it wise to listen; EVERYONE should have some gold on hand and some extra food and water stored.  Those that don't are living very foolishly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.