Author Topic: Dems fret that Florida Sen. Nelson getting out-campaigned by Rick Scott in high-stakes race  (Read 2112 times)

Offline endicom

Fox News
Allie Raffa
June 12, 2018

TAMPA, Fla. –  When Florida Gov. Rick Scott announced he was running for Senate, the incumbent, Sen. Bill Nelson, confidently assured his supporters that he would emerge victorious again in November.

Privately though, Democrats are worried Nelson is getting out-muscled early-on by the governor. The Democrat, who has held the seat since 2000, will face the toughest political campaign of his life leading up to the Nov. 8 election.

Scott announced his candidacy April 9 to much fanfare, telling hundreds of supporters that packed into an Orlando warehouse that the concept of sending career politicians to Washington “has got to stop.”

More... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/12/dems-fret-that-florida-sen-nelson-getting-out-campaigned-by-rick-scott-in-high-stakes-race.amp.html

Offline cato potatoe

They should fret.  Rick Scott finally has a net positive approval rating.  Half of the voters don't know who Bill Nelson is, even though he's spent 46 years in FL politics.  Scott has the resources to define him over the next four months.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bill Nelson is 75 and looks like the Crypt Keeper. Of course he is getting out campaigned. He is an over the hill loser.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Bill Nelson is 75 and looks like the Crypt Keeper. Of course he is getting out campaigned. He is an over the hill loser.

The old fart reeks of old spice and embalming fluid. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline cato potatoe

CBS/YouGov is the third consecutive poll showing a slight advantage for the governor, thanks to a strong performance among retirees.  His approval rating is 66% with hispanics and 62% overall.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByVu4fDHYJgVS01LUUhEYmpIVVFoamdCVDFRUlZwV0xqOXY4/view

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
CBS/YouGov is the third consecutive poll showing a slight advantage for the governor, thanks to a strong performance among retirees.  His approval rating is 66% with hispanics and 62% overall.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByVu4fDHYJgVS01LUUhEYmpIVVFoamdCVDFRUlZwV0xqOXY4/view

Nice.  Scott isn't the perfect candidate but he beats the hell out oh the liberal bag of democrat crap that has been screwing the people of FL for over 40 years.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully the GOP picks up enough Senate seats, to get Kennedy's replacement (a real conservative) easily confirmed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Old Sarge

Here locally, there has been a full-court media blitz against Nelson, scathing ads on the channels that the Leftists don't control.

The only two problems are:  One, the SNOWBIRDS.  They're all still up in the Northeast, and will migrate here in time to vote in the November elections.  And they all vote straight-ticket Left.

Two, the SNOWFLAKES.  Look on the last election voter turnout - every county with a college went hard Left.  Because the students were seen bragging on Twitter and Instagram on how they were voting three times, sometimes in the same precinct.

Once you get away from the cities and the campuses, it's Trump country down here.  But the numbers are against us.