Author Topic: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'  (Read 8317 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2018, 09:02:06 pm »
You are paralyzed by fear.  Log off for a while and calm yourself down.

@Right_in_Virginia

I believe I've been very fair in assessing this President.   I'd be curious regarding your response to my post from earlier on this thread, reproduced below:

Traditional Republicans have made a very uncomfortable deal with this President.    They support the President because he sees things their way with respect to taxes, deregulation and the appointment of conservative judges.   But they've had to lie down with the alt-right on the issue of immigration, and surrender their principles when it comes to free trade.   

Where the President has truly surprised me is foreign policy - his blunt, America-first approach has been yielding real results.   And the economy is booming, notwithstanding that the stock market is tanking today because of his unwillingness to let well enough alone and wage trade wars to protect American businesses that can't find enough good folks to hire anyway.   Fine, I can live with all that.   But his immigration rhetoric is pushing me very, very close to breaking with this President.   It is irresponsible,  incendiary, dehumanizing and it repulses me.

I do not seek the downfall of this President.   I want him to succeed, and have praised him when warranted - which is often.   But he will lose me with tweets like those he spat out today.   He may earn applause,  but I cannot abide the dehumanization of human beings who, as far as I can tell,  came here to seek opportunity by sacrifice and hard work.    That is not to minimize the importance of enforcing our laws, and fixing the laws that need fixing.   But there is a right way and a wrong way to engage in political rhetoric.   I wish Trump would appeal to our better angels rather than exploit our worst fears and prejudices.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »
We don't let our crops rot in the fields in the fly-over states.  Bitter clingers get things done. 

Good job.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-rendleman-farm-agriculture-immigrant-workers-0820-biz-20170818-story.html

On Illinois farms, where labor is tight, foreign workers are welcomed

Wayne Sirles parks his dusty pickup amid rows of peach trees, where Mexican pickers pluck fruit that a few years ago dropped to the ground to rot for lack of hands to harvest it.

Not this year. Sirles, whose great-great-grandfather founded Rendleman Orchards in the tiny town of Alto Pass in southern Illinois, has for the second season hired temporary foreign workers through the government's H-2A visa program, stanching a loss of crops that threatened the viability of his family's 144-year-old farm.

He didn't want to. Determined to avoid the costs of the program, Sirles put up flyers in high schools, grocery stores and restaurants looking for local summertime help to pick peaches and apples.

But nothing came of the effort, he says. The family tried to work with the labor they had, but production got unsustainably low.

"We went for three or four years resisting the H-2A program because we thought we could do it, but we could not," says Betty Sirles, Wayne's mother. Now Rendleman's team of 30 pickers includes 12 foreign workers on temporary visas who toil in the muggy midsummer heat alongside longtime employees but return to Mexico at the end of the four-month harvest.

As the nation's immigration debate roils, farms like Rendleman are far beyond the question of whether immigrant labor is needed. They say they can't survive without it, their towns are better for it and that reforms are necessary to maintain and replenish the manpower they need to pull in each season's harvest.

more at link

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2018, 09:11:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I believe I've been very fair in assessing this President.     

And I believe you are caught in a tangle of political correctness and media manipulation .... and cannot or will not free yourself.  This does not, IMO, lend itself to fair assessment of the President's enforcement of current immigration law or the democrat reaction to it. 

This is a good place to simply agree to disagree.

@Jazzhead 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2018, 09:11:42 pm »
Great anecdotal evidence.  You didn't see it...must not exist.

Says the guy using hard left Politifact to justify his open borders stance.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
The President just gave a speech in DC .... and I lost track of the standing ovations.

Yours or the audience's?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:42 pm »
Says the guy using hard left Politifact to justify his open borders stance.
Says the guy using his travel observations.

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 09:27:28 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:05 pm »

It's a far more accurate assessment than using a biased Liberal website to back up your Liberal open borders beliefs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 10:04:24 pm »

888high58888   Got him! 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bilo

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:53 pm »
And you can stop with the Democrat Party talking points.

U6 unemployment is still above 7% the work participation rate in the U.S. is still at near historic lows.  There's nearly 95 million legal American citizens without a job that could work if they had employment.

There are more than enough Americans to fill the job positions employers are needing filled. Stop with your distortions.

The other thing that gets lost in the discussion is there is dignity in work. If we can force people off the dole over time most of these people will begin to take pride in pulling their own weight and will feel better about themselves and their future.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 10:22:32 pm »
Good job.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-rendleman-farm-agriculture-immigrant-workers-0820-biz-20170818-story.html

Nice Choice.  LOL.  You provincial putz.  Found one loser the Obama Tribune focused on a year ago in Alto Pass! Have you ever been to Alto Pass  or Cairo?  I didn't think so
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:26:30 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 10:23:18 pm »
888high58888   Got him!

Got him? How?

Your assertion implies that the reason he was Not seeing crops rotting in the fields is because he wasn't Supposed to see crops rotting in the fields, alongside the highway.

Who would have a stake in seeing to it the Highway View/Potemkin Village would be there to lull the gullible?

Are you implying the Government wants people to falsely believe that we don't Need migrant farm labor, because it looks OK from the Highway?

That just don't make No sense at all.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bilo

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 10:24:39 pm »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/24/blog-posting/13-million-crops-rotted-calif-because-no-one-wante/

The Independent’s story said that the county’s agricultural industry has suffered labor shortages from 15 to 26 percent annually for five consecutive years. It cited Grower-Shipper Association of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties statistics that said $13 million worth of strawberries, broccoli and other produce were plowed under, up from $4.4 million worth five years ago. Other outlets have cited the Independent story when writing about the subject.

<snip>

Claire Wineman, the Grower-Shipper Association’s president, told us Santa Barbara County has been experiencing the same lack of workers felt by agricultural areas across California and the United States.

The dollar figure in the story came from an annual survey the Grower-Shipper Association sent to local farmers, asking them to quantify how much gross revenue they estimated they had lost due to a lack of a sufficient number of field workers. The total from 68 respondents amounted to $13.5 million for the 2015 calendar year.

<snip>

"We absolutely have been experiencing labor shortages over the last few years," Wineman said. The Independent’s story, she said, did a fair job of describing the reasons...

Interesting that they have a labor shortage in a state that has a huge number of illegal aliens. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the welfare programs they qualify for in CA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2018, 10:42:43 pm »
I remember one case of an illegal alien woman who killed 4 children in a traffic accident one school day morning.  The children were all fine young people, one an adopted child of Asian descent.  There are quite a few of these kinds of stories.

Kate Steinle and that other man from Southern California whose son was killed by an illegal.

In fact, this story: http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/21/illegal-alien-bus-driver-arrested-in-minnesota-school-tragedy/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:44:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2018, 10:43:47 pm »
An illegal killed one of our co-workers last year.    Killed him and two of his young children.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:55 pm »
Nice Choice.  LOL.  You provincial putz.  Found one loser the Obama Tribune focused on a year ago in Alto Pass! Have you ever been to Alto Pass  or Cairo?  I didn't think so

We usually go north of there and scoot across on 64 when we have to travel through Illinois.  But I agree with your premise. There's not a lot on that area of the state worth seeing.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:41 pm »
We usually go north of there and scoot across on 64 when we have to travel through Illinois.  But I agree with your premise. There's not a lot on that area of the state worth seeing.

I stopped in Metropolis last month.  Talked to the locals at my favorite bar.  It was sad to hear what they had to say.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 12:36:03 am »
Interesting that they have a labor shortage in a state that has a huge number of illegal aliens. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the welfare programs they qualify for in CA.

Illegal immigrants have moved on from agriculture.  In my state most of them work manufacturing or they own their own business which they get loans for with ITIN.  Who would be interested in picking strawberries when they can start a business painting, landscaping......etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:36:38 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2018, 12:42:08 am »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/24/blog-posting/13-million-crops-rotted-calif-because-no-one-wante/

The Independent’s story said that the county’s agricultural industry has suffered labor shortages from 15 to 26 percent annually for five consecutive years. It cited Grower-Shipper Association of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties statistics that said $13 million worth of strawberries, broccoli and other produce were plowed under, up from $4.4 million worth five years ago. Other outlets have cited the Independent story when writing about the subject.

<snip>

Claire Wineman, the Grower-Shipper Association’s president, told us Santa Barbara County has been experiencing the same lack of workers felt by agricultural areas across California and the United States.

The dollar figure in the story came from an annual survey the Grower-Shipper Association sent to local farmers, asking them to quantify how much gross revenue they estimated they had lost due to a lack of a sufficient number of field workers. The total from 68 respondents amounted to $13.5 million for the 2015 calendar year.

<snip>

"We absolutely have been experiencing labor shortages over the last few years," Wineman said. The Independent’s story, she said, did a fair job of describing the reasons...

I live in strawberry land.  No strawberries rot.

But hey maybe if the farmers pay more then 3 bucks an hour they could get more help.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 12:42:48 am »
So then you agree that calling illegal immigrants "vermin" and "no matter how bad they may be . . . just like MS-13" is racist as well? 

One thing's for sure - illegals aren't lazy.   What draws them here is American employers who value their productivity.

People like you create an atmosphere in America that trashes its own citizens.  It isn't because Americans are lazy.  Its because of greed and greed alone.  When you say illegals aren't lazy are you talking from experience?  Just wondering.  Are you illegal and feeling quite productive?  Or is it just a blanket racist statement?

BTW Jazzhead... I had remodeling done on my home.  Almost all of construction is done by Hispanics now.  Part of my drywall was done by the contractor Hispanics.  Every wall corner is now cracked.  And there are many visible places where they didn't even bother to make it smooth.  I did the other part myself because the work was so bad.  No cracks on my side.  So you get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:50:10 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:23 am »
Title:
"Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'"

I probably won't bother reading all the responses to this article, particularly those from the all-too-predictable Trump-haters on this forum.

However, once again, an Orwell quote fits:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

Absolutely apropros.
Once again, that "crude buffoon" Trump hits the nail on the head!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:05 am »
U6 unemployment is still above 7% the work participation rate in the U.S. is still at near historic lows.  There's nearly 95 million legal American citizens without a job that could work if they had employment.

@txradioguy

Why aren't they taking the jobs that are out there, then?

And note that part of the labor-participation-rate drop is that we have a higher percentage of retirees now.  They still count. 

Also, the jobs available are those where the income from them with taxation is insufficient to support a person, given costs of housing, food, etc.  If you suggest that perhaps the wages should be raised, and would be raised if there wasn't such a willing labor pool, then that would mean product prices would have to rise.

...but there's this thing called The Invisible Hand, and a merchant can't just unilaterally raise prices just because his costs are high.  There's a market price, and if we can't compete, then we can't sell. 

And what's to stop our competitors from grabbing lower cost labor and making a more competitive product?

So it's not so simple as many people would try to make it.

Certainly, we have to cut taxation and other business costs.  But immigration is going to have to be a big part of being competitive if Americans aren't willing to cut their wages to be competitive.

There are more than enough Americans to fill the job positions employers are needing filled.  Stop with your distortions.

I'm curious where you're from, that you drop the "to be".  That's often a Pittsburgh/Ohio thing, but it's been noted as far away as Indiana and Kansas City.  It was a topic of conversation in my office yesterday and again today, and now I see it here!  ^-^
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2018, 01:28:25 am »
This is a huge societal problem we haven't addressed, also:

The U.S. military has twice experimented with recruiting men of IQ 80-85 (the first time on purpose and the second time by accident), but both times it found that such men could not master soldiering well enough to justify their costs. Individuals in this IQ range are not considered mentally retarded and they therefore receive no special educational or social services, but their poor learning and reasoning abilities mean that they are not competitive for many jobs, if any, in the civilian economy. They live at the edge of unemployability in modern nations, and the jobs they do get are typically the least prestigious and lowest paying: for example, janitor, food service worker, hospital orderly, or parts assembler in a factory.

From Gottfredson, Linda S. (2006). "Chapter 20: Social consequences of group differences in cognitive ability (Conseqüências sociais das diferenças de grupo na capacidade cognitiva)" (PDF available). In Flores-Mendoza, Carmen E.; Colom, Roberto. Introdução à Psicologia das Diferenças Individuais. Porto Alegre, Brazil: ArtMed Publishers. pp. 155–186. ISBN 978-85-363-1418-1.

As these jobs go away, what do we do with these people who have no way of earning a living?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:31:07 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2018, 01:29:23 am »
@txradioguy

Dictator Trump will lose more Republican women votes due to the crying children without their mother.  Nothing else will matter to them - the children go to their DNA makeup as females.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2018, 01:31:15 am »
@txradioguy

Why aren't they taking the jobs that are out there, then?

And note that part of the labor-participation-rate drop is that we have a higher percentage of retirees now.  They still count. 

Also, the jobs available are those where the income from them with taxation is insufficient to support a person, given costs of housing, food, etc.  If you suggest that perhaps the wages should be raised, and would be raised if there wasn't such a willing labor pool, then that would mean product prices would have to rise.

...but there's this thing called The Invisible Hand, and a merchant can't just unilaterally raise prices just because his costs are high.  There's a market price, and if we can't compete, then we can't sell. 

And what's to stop our competitors from grabbing lower cost labor and making a more competitive product?

So it's not so simple as many people would try to make it.

Certainly, we have to cut taxation and other business costs.  But immigration is going to have to be a big part of being competitive if Americans aren't willing to cut their wages to be competitive.

I'm curious where you're from, that you drop the "to be".  That's often a Pittsburgh/Ohio thing, but it's been noted as far away as Indiana and Kansas City.  It was a topic of conversation in my office yesterday and again today, and now I see it here!  ^-^

Isn't that the problem?  We have come to rely on cheap labor and leave it to the taxpayer to provide what the company won't.  Low wages = welfare, but not so much for citizens.  When illegals move to the neighborhood several families to a home.  Then they all apply for whatever benefits they can get.