Author Topic: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'  (Read 8321 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Trump: Dems want illegal immigrants to 'infest our country'
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 06:37:50 pm »
Because Democrats administered the narcotic of welfare on able-bodied Americans making work a dirty word.

I don't disagree.   But employers care only about getting the workers they need to stay in business.   Some of them turn to illegals. 

I agree that the systemic problems that create this dynamic must be addressed.   But the President says that illegal immigrants "infest" this country and are "bad . . . like MS-13".  That is condemning folks who are rationally responding to employers seeking their services.   And yes, that is appealing to folks' racism, since most illegals are (let's be honest) nonwhite.   

Yes, the laws should be enforced,  but let's not use hard working folks as pawns in racist agendas (the Dems love to do that; I prefer as a Republican that we not imitate that crapola).  Let's not forget the role played by employers in drawing them here, or the policies of government that make it uneconomic to hire "above-ground" workers in many occupations.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 06:40:02 pm »

But the mere act of an employer hiring an illegal breaks several federal, state and local laws in and of itself. 

How do you square that with your statement that you aren't advocating for laws not being enforced?

So arrest and imprison employers.   Why is "zero tolerance" only visited on workers?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »
@Jazzhead
I dont have an issue calling murderers and rapists vermin.

If that is where you set your bar then I suggest you rethink your position.

Nor do I.  But the President appears to cast his approbation more widely.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2018, 06:44:48 pm »
Nor do I.  But the President appears to cast his approbation more widely.   

@Jazzhead
You indicated you had a problem calling MS-13 'vermin'.   To be a member of MS-13 requires the person to commit serious crimes including rape and murder.

Funny how you condemn the Boy Scouts but defend MS-13.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 06:46:39 pm »
So arrest and imprison employers.   Why is "zero tolerance" only visited on workers?

@Jazzhead
Because entering the country illegally is ..well illegal.  Working without lawful status is..illegal.   Many times they steal peoples identity so that they can work.  That too is illegal.

but yeah employers should be charged as well if they knowingly employ an illegal.  Everify helps to prevent that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 06:46:47 pm »

That does happen actually.

The employers are punished...when they are caught....same as the employees who break U.S. laws to get that job.

But despite your attempt to portray the illegal aliens as helpless victims who have no control over what's going on with them...the "employees" are just as guilty as the employers.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 06:48:23 pm »
@Jazzhead
You indicated you had a problem calling MS-13 'vermin'.   To be a member of MS-13 requires the person to commit serious crimes including rape and murder.

Too bad he doesn't care as much about unborn children of legal residents of the United States as he does for the illegal children brought here often times against their will by human traffickers and drug runners for nefarious purposes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 06:49:15 pm »
@Jazzhead why don't you care about U.S. sovereignty?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 07:03:50 pm »
@Jazzhead

MS-13 members are vermin.  I applaud the President for prioritizing going after MS-13 members who rape, murder and pillage.   But you know as well as I that the President's tweets suggest more than that, and imply guilt by association by folks who come here to work hard in response to employers clamoring for their services.     

And when did I ever condemn the Boy Scouts?    Stop with the straw men, please.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 07:09:06 pm »
by folks who come here to work hard in response to employers clamoring for their services.     

And you can stop with the Democrat Party talking points.

U6 unemployment is still above 7% the work participation rate in the U.S. is still at near historic lows.  There's nearly 95 million legal American citizens without a job that could work if they had employment.

There are more than enough Americans to fill the job positions employers are needing filled.  Stop with your distortions.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:05 pm »
Yup.  No bill will pass.   The Dems will take to Trump's words like catnip.  And the GOP majority will, I fear, be lost this fall. 

Traditional Republicans have made a very uncomfortable deal with this President.    They support the President because he sees things their way with respect to taxes, deregulation and the appointment of conservative judges.   But they've had to lie down with the alt-right on the issue of immigration, and surrender their principles when it comes to free trade.   

Where the President has truly surprised me is foreign policy - his blunt, America-first approach has been yielding real results.   And the economy is booming, notwithstanding that the stock market is tanking today because of his unwillingness to let well enough alone and wage trade wars to protect American businesses that can't find enough good folks to hire anyway.   Fine, I can live with all that.   But his immigration rhetoric is pushing me very, very close to breaking with this President.   It is irresponsible,  incendiary, dehumanizing and it repulses me.

Alt right my butt.  Why don't you visit some of the videos if campaign.  Trump had full support from working Americans to enforce border security.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 07:38:55 pm »

There are more than enough Americans to fill the job positions employers are needing filled.  Stop with your distortions.

Yes, if ones could be found willing and able to work.   Ask employers whose crops are rotting in the field, or who cannot expand their businesses because they cannot find folks willing to show up on time and do an honest day's work.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2018, 07:41:54 pm »
Yup.  No bill will pass.   The Dems will take to Trump's words like catnip.  And the GOP majority will, I fear, be lost this fall. 

Traditional Republicans have made a very uncomfortable deal with this President.    They support the President because he sees things their way with respect to taxes, deregulation and the appointment of conservative judges.   But they've had to lie down with the alt-right on the issue of immigration, and surrender their principles when it comes to free trade.   

Where the President has truly surprised me is foreign policy - his blunt, America-first approach has been yielding real results.   And the economy is booming, notwithstanding that the stock market is tanking today because of his unwillingness to let well enough alone and wage trade wars to protect American businesses that can't find enough good folks to hire anyway.   Fine, I can live with all that.   But his immigration rhetoric is pushing me very, very close to breaking with this President.   It is irresponsible,  incendiary, dehumanizing and it repulses me.
@Jazzhead
Your reply is thoughtful considered, with logical observations, and well stated.  I agree. Everybody else is going to hate it.   goopo 

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
Yes, if ones could be found willing and able to work.   Ask employers whose crops are rotting in the field, or who cannot expand their businesses because they cannot find folks willing to show up on time and do an honest day's work.

It's the American welfare system that allows those healthy American's to sit at home.  Fix the welfare system and you'll fix lots of problems blamed on illegal immigration.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2018, 07:45:28 pm »

@Jazzhead
nobodies crops are rotting in the field.  what hogwash

heck much of the crops the illegals harvested have moved to mexico anyway. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2018, 07:46:46 pm »

That's not for lack of workers.  And you're in typical fashion greatly exaggerating the situation in the heartland.

There are no crops rotting in the fields and there are far more farmers being paid not to plant by the Federal Government than there are those wanting to expand their operations but can't.  and 99.9% of the time if they can't expand it's because of yet another over reach by the government.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2018, 07:48:56 pm »
@Jazzhead

@driftdiver I've driven from Kentucky to Idaho at least 5 times in the last two years...that trip takes me across Indiana...Illinois...Missouri...Kansas...Nebraska...Iowa and Wyoming right through the middle of the heartland.

Not once have I seen crops rotting in the field.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:16 pm »
@Jazzhead
Your reply is thoughtful considered, with logical observations, and well stated.  I agree. Everybody else is going to hate it.   goopo

Thanks, @Once-Ler  :beer:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 08:05:35 pm »

Crap. 100% BS. And no, I don't care what a head of freakin' lettuce goes up to.

When Bammy was INFESTING the oval orifice I lost count of the 45 minute long, fruitless, online, psychological profiling job apps I filled out. All went into the circular file thanks to HR crap weasels committing unprovable age discrimination. Gotta give them your Social Sec # and DOB to verify it to prove you are legally allowed to work in this country.

Since Trump my inbox is getting more and more offers of mid level management positions.

Real job offers.

So Don't give me that nonsense about jobs Americans won't do.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:38 pm »
@Jazzhead

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/24/blog-posting/13-million-crops-rotted-calif-because-no-one-wante/

The Independent’s story said that the county’s agricultural industry has suffered labor shortages from 15 to 26 percent annually for five consecutive years. It cited Grower-Shipper Association of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties statistics that said $13 million worth of strawberries, broccoli and other produce were plowed under, up from $4.4 million worth five years ago. Other outlets have cited the Independent story when writing about the subject.

<snip>

Claire Wineman, the Grower-Shipper Association’s president, told us Santa Barbara County has been experiencing the same lack of workers felt by agricultural areas across California and the United States.

The dollar figure in the story came from an annual survey the Grower-Shipper Association sent to local farmers, asking them to quantify how much gross revenue they estimated they had lost due to a lack of a sufficient number of field workers. The total from 68 respondents amounted to $13.5 million for the 2015 calendar year.

<snip>

"We absolutely have been experiencing labor shortages over the last few years," Wineman said. The Independent’s story, she said, did a fair job of describing the reasons...

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 08:34:12 pm »
@driftdiver I've driven from Kentucky to Idaho at least 5 times in the last two years...that trip takes me across Indiana...Illinois...Missouri...Kansas...Nebraska...Iowa and Wyoming right through the middle of the heartland.

Not once have I seen crops rotting in the field.

Great anecdotal evidence.  You didn't see it...must not exist.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »

You should know that a significant number of illegals are coming here, not to work, but to take advantage of public assistance, free health care and free schools for their kids. They are taking advantage of a welfare system paid for by American citizens -- working citizens designed to care for its own poor citizens, not foreigners in this country illegally.

I've said this all along:  American taxpayers have poured billions of dollars into the rathole countries where most illegals come from.    In addition, many of our citizens have voluntarily donated money to numerous charitable endeavors aimed at improving life in these countries.   If life is so bad in these countries, then it must be so because the people there are unwilling to work to make it better.  Money from the US  alone will not improve the living conditions of these people.  They muse work in their own country for a better life. .  If they have a government unwilling to work with them, then they must replace that government with one that will.

We cannot afford to take care of the whole world.  The world has to get off its collective duffs and take care of itself. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 08:49:39 pm »
Great anecdotal evidence.  You didn't see it...must not exist.
\

We don't let our crops rot in the fields in the fly-over states.  Bitter clingers get things done. 

You must be talking about calafukinfonia
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »
You should know that a significant number of illegals are coming here, not to work, but to take advantage of public assistance, free health care and free schools for their kids. They are taking advantage of a welfare system paid for by American citizens -- working citizens designed to care for its own poor citizens, not foreigners in this country illegally.

I've said this all along:  American taxpayers have poured billions of dollars into the rathole countries where most illegals come from.    In addition, many of our citizens have voluntarily donated money to numerous charitable endeavors aimed at improving life in these countries.   If life is so bad in these countries, then it must be so because the people there are unwilling to work to make it better.  Money from the US  alone will not improve the living conditions of these people.  They muse work in their own country for a better life. .  If they have a government unwilling to work with them, then they must replace that government with one that will.

We cannot afford to take care of the whole world.  The world has to get off its collective duffs and take care of itself.

blij26

Offline endicom

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:34 pm »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/24/blog-posting/13-million-crops-rotted-calif-because-no-one-wante/

The Independent’s story said that the county’s agricultural industry has suffered labor shortages from 15 to 26 percent annually for five consecutive years. It cited Grower-Shipper Association of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties statistics that said $13 million worth of strawberries, broccoli and other produce were plowed under, up from $4.4 million worth five years ago. Other outlets have cited the Independent story when writing about the subject.

<snip>

Claire Wineman, the Grower-Shipper Association’s president, told us Santa Barbara County has been experiencing the same lack of workers felt by agricultural areas across California and the United States.

The dollar figure in the story came from an annual survey the Grower-Shipper Association sent to local farmers, asking them to quantify how much gross revenue they estimated they had lost due to a lack of a sufficient number of field workers. The total from 68 respondents amounted to $13.5 million for the 2015 calendar year.

<snip>

"We absolutely have been experiencing labor shortages over the last few years," Wineman said. The Independent’s story, she said, did a fair job of describing the reasons...

All before Trump. Maybe things will improve now.