Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border  (Read 13553 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bad move on the Senator's part.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Bad move on the Senator's part.

Maybe Paddy's poll numbers are growing? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Caving Craven Cruz. Wadda freaking punk.

No, if you read the bill, he is talking about HOLDING them all until they are deported.  Now, they are released and told to reappear for their hearing.  Which, very few do.

Offline jpsb

@Right_in_Virginia

I always suspected Cruz was a ballless weasel.

Cruz is as phony as a three dollar bill. But he is still better than any Rat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, if you read the bill, he is talking about HOLDING them all until they are deported.  Now, they are released and told to reappear for their hearing.  Which, very few do.

@Sanguine

HorseHillary! There is NO reason to hold any of them longer than overnight. They are either citizens or legal aliens with permission to be here,or they get deported.

What he is talking about is caving to the left while getting more money to run the bureaucracy. The Border Patrol needs more money to hire agents and build the wall,not more money to feed,clothe,house,educate,and hire lawyers to represent illegal aliens in holding.

You either stand for something,or you stand for nothing at all. Smarmy Ted Cruz stands for straddling any issue and standing for nothing.

BTW,I can see holding the adults for maybe a week before deporting them. They can be given picks and shovels to help clean land to pour a cement base for the wall. The ones to old or weak to do that can carry water for the ones working.

There MUST be some sort of punishment for violating our border and breaking out national,state,and local laws.

As for their children,they could be deported to Mexico immediately,and let the Mexicans bear the expense of baby-sitting them while their parents are working off their labor sentences in the US. Maybe THEN the Mexicans would start taking seriously their obligation to guard their borders.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:46:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

HorseHillary! There is NO reason to hold any of them longer than overnight. They are either citizens or legal aliens with permission to be here,or they get deported.

What he is talking about is caving to the left while getting more money to run the bureaucracy. The Border Patrol needs more money to hire agents and build the wall,not more money to feed,clothe,house,educate,and hire lawyers to represent illegal aliens in holding.

You either stand for something,or you stand for nothing at all. Smarmy Ted Cruz stands for straddling any issue and standing for nothing.

Sorry, Pete, it's the law.  If you stop them and they have been coached to request amnesty, they have to give them a hearing.  Cruz's bill greatly accelerates the hearing and subsequent deportation. 

Offline jpsb

@Sanguine

Anyone that crossed Mexico to apply in the US should be automatically denied.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe Paddy's poll numbers are growing?

Doubtful...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Bingo!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone that crossed Mexico to apply in the US should be automatically denied.

@jpsb

I agree,and beyond that they should be denied the right to apply to enter the US for at least 5 years. Any caught the second time should be given actual prison sentences.

Offline WingNot

Doubtful...

Yeah.  Probable so.  But the boy has been all over the news empithizing with the plight of "his people".

Those damn law breaking Irish boarder crosser's anyway. I tell yeah.

Offline jpsb

Yeah.  Probable so.  But the boy has been all over the news empithizing with the plight of "his people".

Democrats are disgusting liars, every damn one of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sorry, Pete, it's the law.  If you stop them and they have been coached to request amnesty, they have to give them a hearing.  Cruz's bill greatly accelerates the hearing and subsequent deportation.

@Sanguine

Sorry,Sanguine,but if Cruz can write a law to coddle them,he could just as easily write a law to demand instant deportation after a week of hard labor. Their children are caught with them,and there is no reason their children can't be loaded on buses and bused right back to Mexico the same day,and dumped off for the Mexican government to take care of.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

His people?  Is he referring to Sinn Fein?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Bingo!

@Sanguine   @txradioguy

Ok,so instead of writing a law that pleases them and costs America even more money,write a law that says the adults are used as labor gangs to work on the wall for free while awaiting the hearing.

There is NO legitimate,or even sane,reason to let invaders loose so they can disappear.

Offline SirLinksALot

Why the need for a hearing? You caught them red handed crossing the border illegally. DEPORT THEM BACK from the border !

Why can't we have a bill like this? Nobody has explained this to me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why the need for a hearing? You caught them red handed crossing the border illegally. DEPORT THEM BACK from the border !

Because there's no way in hell it would pass.  Deprive the dems and rinos of this issue?  No way.

Offline SirLinksALot

Because there's no way in hell it would pass.  Deprive the dems and rinos of this issue?  No way.

That aside, I'm sure you agree that DEPORTING THEM WITHOUT A HEARING is the most practical thing to do....

Look, if they want to live and work in America, they have a LEGAL channel to do it. Tell them to follow the law.

Offline SirLinksALot

Let me edit to add that I agree with your observation.

Given those limitations a Senator has to work with, why the heck do I read so much hate on what Ted Cruz is doing? He is simply doing the most practical and politically possible thing at the moment.

Offline WingNot

His people?  Is he referring to Sinn Fein?

Yes.  But only the Brown Sinn Fein. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@SirLinksALot

We can't have a bill like that because the Dims would lose talking points,and the alleged Republicans are nothing but Dims.

Besides,don't you understand there are political contributions for ALL politicians that will go away if we simplify the problem?

Next think you know,you will be demanding they pay for their own domestic help and vacations!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let me edit to add that I agree with your observation.

Given those limitations a Senator has to work with, why the heck do I read so much hate on what Ted Cruz is doing? He is simply doing the most practical and politically possible thing at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification.

Why the hate?  Because, IMHO, Cruz was the most significant challenger to DJT and that earned him a lot of hate, so there are a few here who watch for anything positive about Cruz and attack him.  My best guess.  And, yes, it is an odd reaction. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Cruz is actually pretty smart here.

His law does several things that make a bigger point.

1. It only separates those accused of serious law violations (versus just a misdemeanor or for those who are trying to go through legal channels like applying for asylum). It makes the point that those who are separated are true law violators unlike how the left is spinning it and it takes the issue away from them claiming they are just people who are being separated when they apply for asylum at border checkpoints (2-3 cases of this they use as examples).

2. The way this is worded, he is taking specific aim at the source law Bill Clinton passed.

3. He is the only person who has offered up anything of substance. Everyone else is just using the children as political props.

4. It validates which children are with their actual families versus being smuggled in through human trafficking.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:13:42 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I always suspected Cruz was a ballless weasel.

Well, I can neither confirm nor deny this   :laugh:

But he is a reactionary ....  A few years ago he said kids should go back .... and when the heat increases Cruz then makes a big photo op out of handing out teddy bears.  A few days ago Cruz articulated fact-based support for the President's actions and today after a few days of biased attacks ---- the situation is so dire we need emergency legislation.

It would have been more helpful had Cruz reminded folks that the Republican caucus is meeting with the President tonight (planned a while ago) to discuss the immigration reform bills being worked on ... and that the issues of the wall and children here illegally will be part of the discussion, and the solution proposed.  A reminder that the Demonrats aren't doing anything except exploiting children would have been a nice touch.

At this point in time a carve-out emergency bill is just stupid. IMHO, of course.  And I don't care who proposes it.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cruz is actually pretty smart here.

His law does several things that make a bigger point.

1. It only separates those accused of serious law violations (versus just a misdemeanor or for those who are trying to go through legal channels like applying for asylum). It makes the point that those who are separated are true law violators unlike how the left is spinning it and it takes the issue away from them claiming they are just people who are being separated when they apply for asylum at border checkpoints (2-3 cases of this they use as examples).

2. The way this is worded, he is taking specific aim at the source law Bill Clinton passed.

3. He is the only person who has offered up anything of substance. Everyone else is just using the children as political props.

4. It validates which children are with their actual families versus being smuggled in through human trafficking.

@AbaraXas

IF what you say is true,I agree,and stand corrected.