Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border  (Read 13667 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I like it.  I'm just trying to keep my sense of humor.

The Zodiac note or Cruz's bill?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The Zodiac note or Cruz's bill?
I like the Cruz bill.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online The_Reader_David

" keep immigrant families together after they cross the border",  in a bus heading south.

Reading the details, that sounds like the plan for those who don't manage to convince an immigration judge they have a legitimate asylum claim.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Reading the details, that sounds like the plan for those who don't manage to convince an immigration judge they have a legitimate asylum claim.

That's how I read it.  And, entering illegally is one of the things that makes it not legitimate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's how I read it.  And, entering illegally is one of the things that makes it not legitimate.

The problem lies in the fact the activist judges that populate these immigration courts have allowed what is defined as "legitimate" reasons for asylum to become so broad that there really is no such thing as an illegitimate reason for asylum any more in their estimation.

Then there's the fact we have groups meeting these hoardes of people heading towards our border to coach them on exactly what to say to convince a judge they need to stay in this country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The problem lies in the fact the activist judges that populate these immigration courts have allowed what is defined as "legitimate" reasons for asylum to become so broad that there really is no such thing as an illegitimate reason for asylum any more in their estimation.

Then there's the fact we have groups meeting these hoardes of people heading towards our border to coach them on exactly what to say to convince a judge they need to stay in this country.

Not the ones along the border, TRG.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Claiming asylum at the border is not illegal.   The claim may or may not be found to be legitimate,  but a family's arrival starts a process to determine the legitimacy of the claim.   What is outrageous to most Americans is separating parents and children pending the asylum determination.   Yes,  folks who are incarcerated must be separated from their children.   But is it appropriate to treat an arrival at our border seeking asylum as a common criminal?   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Claiming asylum at the border is not illegal.   The claim may or may not be found to be legitimate,  but a family's arrival starts a process to determine the legitimacy of the claim.   What is outrageous to most Americans is separating parents and children pending the asylum determination.   Yes,  folks who are incarcerated must be separated from their children.   But is it appropriate to treat an arrival at our border seeking asylum as a common criminal?

You're missing the point.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
CLOSE THE BORDER!

HALT ALL IMMIGRATION.

UNTIL THOSE ALREADY HERE CAN BE VETTED, PROCESSED AND ASSIMILATED INTO AN AMERICAN CULTURE.

NO MORE REFUGEES OR ASYLUM SEEKERS UNLESS THEY ARE CHRISTIANS UNDER PERSECUTION THAT CAN BE VERIFIED.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
CLOSE THE BORDER!

HALT ALL IMMIGRATION.

UNTIL THOSE ALREADY HERE CAN BE VETTED, PROCESSED AND ASSIMILATED INTO AN AMERICAN CULTURE.

NO MORE REFUGEES OR ASYLUM SEEKERS UNLESS THEY ARE CHRISTIANS UNDER PERSECUTION THAT CAN BE VERIFIED.

Can't be repeated often enough.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
CLOSE THE BORDER!

HALT ALL IMMIGRATION.

Using all large caps doesn't make your rantings any less insane.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

There is nothing insane about wanting to get the out of control immigration issues in your country under control.

Offline Axeslinger

Claiming asylum at the border is not illegal....  But is it appropriate to treat an arrival at our border seeking asylum as a common criminal?
@Jazzhead

No but CROSSING that border IS illegal and thus it is entirely appropriate to treat an arrival as a common criminal because that is what they are.  There are legitimate ports of entry for asylum seekers that don’t involve breaking our laws. 

And now you’ll babble on about some other libtard belief that you hold.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Trust me, you would rather have THOSE large caps than other large caps being used.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Jazzhead

No but CROSSING that border IS illegal and thus it is entirely appropriate to treat an arrival as a common criminal because that is what they are.  There are legitimate ports of entry for asylum seekers that don’t involve breaking our laws. 

And now you’ll babble on about some other libtard belief that you hold.

And it's not legal either to wait until you've been caught after three years of living here illegally to claim asylum...but the open borders crowd amongst us don't want to dwell on pesky facts like that.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trust me, you would rather have THOSE large caps than other large caps being used.

Is that another threat of violence? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, he is going to throw virtual capital letters at you.  Large angry ones.

Come on, Jazzy, give it up!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
:2popcorn:

Oh I dunno 'bout dat. He accused me of dog whistling to the other Trumsplicans in the hope they'd put in calls to have him swatted.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Would you like to call another witness to the stand Jazzy?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Dr.Darrell ScottVerified account @PastorDScott

Once the mid terms are over, liberals won’t talk about detained or separated illegal immigrant children until 2020. #itsallpolitics

Nick Searcy, INTERNATIONAL FILM & TELEVISION STAR Verified account @yesnicksearcy
14m14 minutes ago

Nick Searcy, INTERNATIONAL FILM & TELEVISION STAR Retweeted Chad Pergram

Narrator: Schumer thinks having the political issue is far more important than any of those silly children he's pretending to care about.
True 'dat.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:03:23 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Go cry to your momma and the mods there Jazzy - we know big caps frighten you and offends your delicate sensibilities.

There is safety behind momma's skirt from the big bad caps.

Offline mountaineer

A capital letter once bit my sister.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

My goodness you are a whiny thing.