Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border  (Read 13664 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You equate illegal immigration to assault.  I equate it to trespassing another misdemeanor.

No, it's Home Invasion - and should be a severe felony.

A nation that does not secure it's borders or enforce it's laws against invasion of any kind, is a nation already conquered.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Except if you're arrested for trespassing, they don't let you continue to trespass until your case is adjudicated.  And if you let them go into the general population until their hearing months or even years down the road, that's exactly what you're doing.

By extension I assume you're defending American sovereignty from your couch. 

Offline mountaineer

Where is he supposed to be?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If you release them, they are still in the country illegally. We haven't solved the problem

Countdown to Resignation

Offline corbe

Re: Ted Cruz's border bill to end family separations makes sense
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:41 pm »
The mods can move it if they see fit.  I thought it was appropos here, but thanks for monitoring.

The 'other' Thread is full of Trumpers, this one is for the NT'ers.

:tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

No, I'm trying to defend my couch and my country from looney liberals who think illegally crossing the Border is no big thang.  People who think if something is swell in Madison, WI, then it should be equally dandy in Phoenix, AZ.

I'd tell more people around here about that, but I can't because their bleepin dead.  Murdered by people who want more than my couch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Where is he supposed to be?
I dunno, but definitely not here with me while I personally let illegals go into the general population until their hearing months or even years down the road.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:04:32 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline MOD8

No, it's Home Invasion - and should be a severe felony.

It's not.  It's a misdemeanor.

A nation that does not secure it's borders or enforce it's laws against invasion of any kind, is a nation already conquered.

That should be a bumper sticker.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:38:47 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No, I'm trying to defend my couch and my country from looney liberals who think illegally crossing the Border is no big thang.  People who think if something is swell in Madison, WI, then it should be equally dandy in Phoenix, AZ.

I'd tell more people around here about that, but I can't because their bleepin dead.  Murdered by people who want more than my couch.

I can tell you unequivocally that there ain't nothing swell about Madison.  It like the Austin of the north.  The liberal stink from that place can be smelt from three states around it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Murdered by people who want more than my couch.

Meanwhile we're told we can't use the necessary tools to defend from people wanting our couch...and more.

Yeah yeah I know... :threadjack:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It's not.  It's a misdemeanor.

Well, politicians and legal morons can lecture us that home invasion should also just be a misdemeanor if the perp is the correct color and downtrodden ethnic class - and I am of the mind that it doesn't matter what the Betters tell us it is - invade my homer any reason, and get the business end of an iron without so much as a word spoken.

"Trespassers will be shot" once adorned a whole lot of posts and fences in these here parts.

Back when we were still a country of Americans.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

Moot point now, Trump just caved.

Offline WingNot

Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border

Ted can pull his bill now and His stink will not be on it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The devil is in the details.  I have to see the EO first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

Again -  I understand the difference between crossing the border illegal and arriving at a port of entry.   I am not suggesting that the law not be enforced.   The law says that the mere act of crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor.   The Trump administration has effected a "zero tolerance" policy and is incarcerating asylum seekers for mere misdemeanors.   That means it must separate parents and children.   That is obviously its intent - to deter families from crossing the border illegally.  But the blowback has been tremendous - as well as it should be,  because the practice is, when there is no evidence of other criminal acts, inhumane.  These are, to most reasonable minds,  families seeking to escape from intolerable conditions.   That doesn't mean they get a free ticket.  But should it mean they should be treated as common criminals,  forced at the end of an arduous, courageous trek to be separated from their children?       

The Trump administration will reap what it sows.

See I knew it was a waste of time to explain to you that the people entering the country illegally are
NOT ASYLUM SEEKERS. I noticed how you refuse to discuss the issue with those of us that try to
point out the very obvious point.  As I stated your entire premise it wrong. You are wrong on the
facts and you logic is faulty, all you have is some kind of emotional hissy fit.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:40:16 pm by jpsb »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Will be interesting if anyone remembers this cave when we fleeced plebes discover that this policy change Trump signed is used to prevent Illegals from being arrested for any crimes if they have 'children' with them.

Well, politicians and legal morons can lecture us that home invasion should also just be a misdemeanor if the perp is the correct color and downtrodden ethnic class - and I am of the mind that it doesn't matter what the Betters tell us it is - invade my homer any reason, and get the business end of an iron without so much as a word spoken.

"Trespassers will be shot" once adorned a whole lot of posts and fences in these here parts.

Back when we were still a country of Americans.

I have not heard anyone claiming home invasion is a misdemeanor.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Somehow the pro-illegal invasion people who pretend to be both legal experts and Conservatives do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Is the U.S. not your home?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

Illegals are like Michael Rotondo.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's because you don't read your own posts.  Considering the fact that innocent Americans are being killed by the border jumpers, I equate what they do to home invasions, not trotting around a back yard fence like you seem to think illegal immigration is.
I will NOT comply.

Is the U.S. not your home?
Yes it is...now get out of my house.

Somehow the pro-illegal invasion people who pretend to be both legal experts and Conservatives do.
Oh I get it.  You're changing the meaning of words.  Good one.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes it is...now get out of my house.

It's interesting you consider your house more important than mine.
I will NOT comply.