Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border  (Read 13713 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are taking a gamble, with more than just yourself at stake, that you cannot really be sure of.
Your gambling that they are great, salt-of-the-earth people.
They may be, and they may not be.
Guess what? Criminals can have kids, too.

He doesn't give a rip about the human costs.  Illegals are killing US Citizens, often in their own homes, because they weren't incarcerated.  I've pointed this out, to the sounds of crickets chirping.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If their first act is to not come in through legal means, not unlike catching someone trespassing, wouldn't it be reasonable that the first reaction is to assume they are here for nefarious reasons? Is it the fact that they bring the kids along enough to run the risk anyway?

@GrouchoTex if someone kicks in the front door to my house or jimmies the lock on my car and starts going through my stuff...anyone with a brain would assume they don't have good intentions and take precautions to stop the intruder and/or the intrusion by any means necessary.

The United States should do the same thing.

Jazzy wants us to offer the invader that kicks in our front door to our house some coffee and a piece of pie and welcome them with open arms.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

because the practice is, when there is no evidence of other criminal acts, inhumane.

I like that you're correctly saying that parents who bring their children along on their criminal escapade are inhumane.

Also, as I understand it, they can immediately plead guilty and be deported with their children.  But they are choosing not to do so.  They continue to be inhumane.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And I showed you the law where it says that it is required.  Not my fault you didn't read the entire section of U.S. Code.

But then again you're really good and reading what you want to and disregarding the important parts.

And then consider this...most illegals tossed in jail in this country aren't the ones caught at the border.  They get pulled over for traffic violations or some other kind of interaction with the local law enforcement is involved and a form of identification is required to be produced.

When the illegal alien can't produce the proper identification and it's determined they are here illegally they are taken into custody and put in jail and ICE is notified.

So yes counselor there are very clear and defined instances where incarnation is required.

These little angels you're so protective of don't just break federal law by illegally entering our country they also drive without proper licensing...proper vehicle registration or insurance.  OR the id they do manage to produce is forged...another violation of U.S. law requiring arrest.

How many arrestable offenses do you want to let these little darlings get away with before you stop protecting them?

Every single issue, sacred to Left and the Democrats our Leftist Resident is wholeheartedly for, and every single issue important to Conservative principles, he is against.

Yet he continues to insist he is what he is not while lecturing everyone he is some kind of legal beagle.

He isn't one of those either.  He is just a Leftist activist using the nomenclature to beguile.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A "misdemeanor" is still a "criminal act."  The cases are tried in Criminal Court. 

I encourage anybody who doesn't believe this to get stinking drunk, give the wife a couple of black eyes, then hop in your car and start tearing up the neighborhood.  All "Misdemeanors" in must States, but you're still going to jail when the cops get you out of the car.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex if someone kicks in the front door to my house or jimmies the lock on my car and starts going through my stuff...anyone with a brain would assume they don't have good intentions and take precautions to stop the intruder and/or the intrusion by any means necessary.

The United States should do the same thing.

Jazzy wants us to offer the invader that kicks in our front door to our house some coffee and a piece of pie and welcome them with open arms.

Maybe Jazzy will be lucky enough to have this current detained crop of people settle in his neck of the woods upon their release.
Then, he can have all the 1st hand experiences of all the joys we've reiterated to him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe Jazzy will be lucky enough to have this current detained crop of people settle in his neck of the woods upon their release.
Then, he can have all the 1st hand experiences of all the joys we've reiterated to him.

He should be so lucky.  Most of the open arms crown where immigration is concerned soon change their tune when these "asylum seekers" are tying their arms behind their back.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ted Cruz's border bill to end family separations makes sense
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2018, 05:42:23 pm »
From the beginning of the Trump presidency, Democrats and liberals in news media have had a surfeit of rhetorical and stylistic targets to attack in the White House. But until this month, they have struggled mightily to find anything substantive or policy-related that could really damage President Trump politically.

But now they may have finally found their weapon of choice.

Trump’s zero tolerance policy at the border appears to fulfill his promise to enforce immigration law and end the controversial practice of “catch-and-release.” But in certain specific cases where parents and children cross the border illegally together, strict enforcement requires a lengthy separation of families in cases where an asylum claim is filed by a family after it has been caught illegally sneaking in.
This issue could be avoided if claimants presented themselves at legal border crossings, and the fact that they don't points to the fact that most of them are economic migrants rather than genuine refugees. Either way, immigrants cannot be counted on to follow the law.

According to opinion polls, the public really hates the new enforcement policy that is splitting families. It isn't only die-hard anti-Trumpers who object. Majorities of all demographic groups except self-identified Republicans oppose it, and people don't accept the justifications offered by the administration.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/ted-cruzs-border-bill-to-end-family-separations-makes-sense
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Ted Cruz's border bill to end family separations makes sense
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2018, 05:44:04 pm »
What they hate is the the picture that the media has painted, which of course, bears little resemblance to the reality.

But then again, Goebbels could have learned a lot from our media.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »
Not sure how widespread the angst among the public is about this issue, but it's being played to the hilt.

Yeah, Ted Cruz is running for Senate and trying to rescue himself, but he may be rescuing Trump as well.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He knows it's not likely in Philly, but he doesn't give a rats ass when this bunch settles in MY neck of the woods, which is more than likely, it's routine.

9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:49:45 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2018, 05:50:00 pm »
People who hate Trump are outraged.
The people who love Trump are in love with his plan.
The rest of us don't care.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline GrouchoTex

He knows it's not likely in Philly, but he doesn't give a rats ass when this bunch settles in MY neck of the woods, which is more than likely, it's routine.

9999hair out0000

I'm southwest of Houston, so we are in the same predicament as you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2018, 05:53:21 pm »
Article labelled editorial, we already have a thread on this topic. Way To Go!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:58 pm »
Ted Cruz's border bill to end family separations makes sense

Damned right it does and I think the president is about to put the basic premise in service.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm southwest of Houston, so we are in the same predicament as you.

That's why I carry concealed everywhere I go.  This, too, frosts his testicles. :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2018, 06:05:06 pm »
Damned right it does and I think the president is about to put the basic premise in service.

I agree.  I think some of us may have been in denial about how much this issue is resonating with public. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2018, 06:18:00 pm »
I agree.  I think some of us may have been in denial about how much this issue is resonating with public.

It's further proof that P.T. Barnum was right.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

9999hair out0000

Are you guys still the kidnapping capitol of the U.S.?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A "misdemeanor" is still a "criminal act."  The cases are tried in Criminal Court. 

I encourage anybody who doesn't believe this to get stinking drunk, give the wife a couple of black eyes, then hop in your car and start tearing up the neighborhood.  All "Misdemeanors" in must States, but you're still going to jail when the cops get you out of the car.
You equate illegal immigration to assault.  I equate it to trespassing another misdemeanor.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2018, 06:28:24 pm »
Article labelled editorial, we already have a thread on this topic. Way To Go!

The mods can move it if they see fit.  I thought it was appropos here, but thanks for monitoring.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You equate illegal immigration to assault.  I equate it to trespassing another misdemeanor.

Let's just say I disagree.  Trespassing into a country is not the same as trespassing into your back yard.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you guys still the kidnapping capitol of the U.S.?

Last I heard, yes.  I really need to start thinking of it as merely trespassing into somebody's back yard, only carrying a human at the same time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

That's why I carry concealed everywhere I go.  This, too, frosts his testicles. :laugh:

Indeed

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Except if you're arrested for trespassing, they don't let you continue to trespass until your case is adjudicated.  And if you let them go into the general population until their hearing months or even years down the road, that's exactly what you're doing.