Author Topic: Report: Trump 'threw' Starburst on table during G7 talks, told Merkel 'don't say I never give you an  (Read 858 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Trump 'threw' Starburst on table during G7 talks, told Merkel 'don't say I never give you anything'

Geobeats
Geobeats
Jun 20th 2018 1:53PM

The recent G-7 Summit has been largely described a contentious event, and, according to CBS News senior global affairs contributor Ian Bremmer, it included a moment in which President Trump reportedly “threw” Starburst on the table.

Bremmer told CBS News on Wednesday that during a discussion about the joint G-7 statement, the U.S. president “stood up, he put his hand in his pocket, his suit jacket pocket, and he took two Starburst candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, ‘Here Angela, don’t say I never give you anything.’”

more
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/06/20/report-trump-threw-starburst-on-table-during-g7-talks-told-merkel-dont-say-i-never-give-you-anything/23463968/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Report: Trump 'threw' Starburst on table during G7 talks, told Merkel 'don't say I never give you anything'

Geobeats
Geobeats
Jun 20th 2018 1:53PM

The recent G-7 Summit has been largely described a contentious event, and, according to CBS News senior global affairs contributor Ian Bremmer, it included a moment in which President Trump reportedly “threw” Starburst on the table.

Bremmer told CBS News on Wednesday that during a discussion about the joint G-7 statement, the U.S. president “stood up, he put his hand in his pocket, his suit jacket pocket, and he took two Starburst candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, ‘Here Angela, don’t say I never give you anything.’”

more
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/06/20/report-trump-threw-starburst-on-table-during-g7-talks-told-merkel-dont-say-i-never-give-you-anything/23463968/

Hilarious. First president since Reagan to have a sense of humor.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. If this is true it's awesome.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, how I want this to be true!   :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

according to CBS News senior global affairs contributor Ian Bremmer
Maybe it happened. Maybe not. I'm only guessing where Bremmer's political loyalties lie, based on this snippet from Wikipedia: In 2007, he was named as a 'Young Global Leader' of the World Economic Forum, and in 2010, founded and was appointed Chair of the Forum's Global Agenda Council for Geopolitical Risk.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Maybe it happened. Maybe not. I'm only guessing where Bremmer's political loyalties lie, based on this snippet from Wikipedia: In 2007, he was named as a 'Young Global Leader' of the World Economic Forum, and in 2010, founded and was appointed Chair of the Forum's Global Agenda Council for Geopolitical Risk.

It wouldn't be the first time the media tried to use Trump's obvious tendency to kid into an opportunity to make him look ridiculous.

Offline Victoria33

If a person has these Starburst candies in his/her pocket/purse, the reason could be a shot of sugar for people with diabetes. I looked them up - four fruit flavors. I've never had one, so will get some to try for information about them - that's the ticket, have a reason to buy a fruit flavored sugar shot.  :silly:

Offline dfwgator

I take it Trump didn't give her a massage, like W did.

Offline RoosGirl

But did he remove all the strawberry first?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline skeeter

But did he remove all the strawberry first?   *****rollingeyes*****

Who cares as long as he cleaned the lint off.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline RoosGirl

Are you kidding?  His pockets are lined in gold.  She could have taken them for reclamation processing and paid down the country's debt.

Offline Polly Ticks

Yeah, but they'd still be all warm and melty, right?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

Yeah, but they'd still be all warm and melty, right?

Exactly. The faux pas wasn't in tossing them on the table - it was in tossing them all warm and melty.